*****THE OFFICIAL SEASON OPENING RAIDERS SUCK GAME THREAD****

ZachEY

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stalked you? Lolololol here's a news flash for you. You're clueless, absolutely clueless. I'm stalking you? yet I've been posting all week. ✔️ And here you are chasing me around in the game thread. ✔️Got it. You're a ******* retard. Did you take your medication today? You're not well.

How about the both of you knock it the **** off?

Thanks.

I did not think it was about me. But, fascinatingly, the point holds. As, no one seems to be posting anything that would suggest what you're saying.

Regardless, perhaps JN's PM system is a good option if you don't want others responding to your "commiserating."

You don't understand...the older posters think that the more negative they are, the better Jets fans they are. Because they are so bitter and suffered through the terribleness that is the Jets. It's kind of sad that they don't allow themselves to feel good about Jets wins because they feel like it takes away from some part of their fandom.

It's like the Red Sox fans prior to them winning the World Series, they take pride in the fact that they root for losers and don't know how to handle success. Then they look down at us youngin's who are much too naive to understand that the team is nowhere near as good as we think it is and that the inevitable collapse will be coming sooner rather than later. 

You don't understand...the older posters think that the more negative they are, the better Jets fans they are. Because they are so bitter and suffered through the terribleness that is the Jets. It's kind of sad that they don't allow themselves to feel good about Jets wins because they feel like it takes away from some part of their fandom.

It's like the Red Sox fans prior to them winning the World Series, they take pride in the fact that they root for losers and don't know how to handle success. Then they look down at us youngin's who are much too naive to understand that the team is nowhere near as good as we think it is and that the inevitable collapse will be coming sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I'd say that pretty much sums it up

+1.  Neg repped by accident.

Pretty much, yeah. Right there.

that was me up until 2010.  I realized that this team may win it some day, and I wasn't going to watch through my fingers anymore.  I wasn't going to put myself in a position to only enjoy it after it was over

ya gotta enjoy the ride.

warts and all

POTW NOM

Give it time son, give it time.

Well when its a choice between the two, there's not much choice.

Pretty simplistic, too simplistic. Geno played like a rookie as a rookie.

Now it's up to him to show improvement.,,so far so good. Until the pessimists give their "he'll never develop" contingent chimes in.

Pretty simplistic, too simplistic. Geno played like a rookie as a rookie.

Now it's up to him to show improvement.,,so far so good. Until the pessimists give their "he'll never develop" contingent chimes in.

I just don't care for him on numerous levels. Don't really care how well he does.  

All of that, and I own neither a PSL nor an authentic jersey.

I'm practically a Pats fan.

Much truth here.

Based on the Red Sox fan comparison alone, I endeavor to never be this type of fan. 

I am 42, I have had more than my fair share of heartbreak from this team and unlike some of our older fans, I have NEVER experienced the ultimate thrill of seeing the Jets win the Super Bowl. But I will never be the type who only looks at the negative. 

Based on the Red Sox fan comparison alone, I endeavor to never be this type of fan. 

I am 42, I have had more than my fair share of heartbreak from this team and unlike some of our older fans, I have NEVER experienced the ultimate thrill of seeing the Jets win the Super Bowl. But I will never be the type who only looks at the negative. 

I know Kleck...and believe me, I am not trying to divide our fan base into young(ers) vs old(er)s. Hell, I am 30 myself. I understand that I really started getting into football in around '98 which has really been somewhat of a golden era for Jets football (as much as we have had one at least).

While us younger fans have certainly had our fair share of heartbreak, it usually only has lasted 1 season or 2 at a time before the team is back in playoff contention, and the 2 AFC championship games were certainly a thrill of a ride to watch.

With that said, it gets pretty old that a handful of posters seemingly have to completely ignore statistics to take attempt to take away ALL of the positives out of a game that the Jets WON. Last time I checked, the amount of WINS determine who makes it into the playoffs, not the number of fumbles or ints, or the fact that the Jets played Oakland on the first day of the season.

Bottom line is that anyone who watched this team beat NO and NE last year knows that it isn't a stretch to say we could be coming out of Green Bay with a W next week. Certainly not an easy task and I wouldn't wager anything on it but to say we don't have a chance because we "barely" beat Oak this week is a flat out lie.  

I know Kleck...and believe me, I am not trying to divide our fan base into young(ers) vs old(er)s. Hell, I am 30 myself. I understand that I really started getting into football in around '98 which has really been somewhat of a golden era for Jets football (as much as we have had one at least).

While us younger fans have certainly had our fair share of heartbreak, it usually only has lasted 1 season or 2 at a time before the team is back in playoff contention, and the 2 AFC championship games were certainly a thrill of a ride to watch.

With that said, it gets pretty old that a handful of posters seemingly have to completely ignore statistics to take attempt to take away ALL of the positives out of a game that the Jets WON. Last time I checked, the amount of WINS determine who makes it into the playoffs, not the number of fumbles or ints, or the fact that the Jets played Oakland on the first day of the season.

Bottom line is that anyone who watched this team beat NO and NE last year knows that it isn't a stretch to say we could be coming out of Green Bay with a W next week. Certainly not an easy task and I wouldn't wager anything on it but to say we don't have a chance because we "barely" beat Oak this week is a flat out lie.  

The Jets have a very good defense and a great running attack. For all the naysayers about the OL, they looked pretty good yesterday. Most weeks against half the teams in the NFL that will be enough to win or at least be competitive. And next week with a Packers defense that is ridiculously overrated they should make a game of it. Fully expect the Jets to hang 200+ rushing yards on the Hawk/Matthews blond hair club for men crappy Pack defense.

Problem is when they get in a game when thety need to score 27-35 points, Geno Smith is not gonna get it done. The margin for error is next to nothing,which is how one circus catch TD by the Raiders at the end was so scary. This should have been a blowout, and it wasn't because of mistakes by Smith. That last sack was disgace that cost them 3 points and made what should have been a  3 score game a 2 score game.  We have learned need superior QB play to beat the better NFL teams. And we have seen enough bad QB play to know what we saw yesterday is not gonna get it done. Further when the CS running Wildcat down by the goalline they think that too. There is no other team in the NFL taking out it's starter in those situations.

There are some here who (young, new , what ever) who see Geno Smith not crap himself and think it's grounds for a Thanskgiving Day Parade. That's insane. The Report Card grade is is correct. This was a C to C minus. Is it so much to want a QB who is an asset rather than a lialbility?

We absolutely could win that game next week, it's just disheartening to witness the stupid lack of discipline that we saw it in spades yesterday. Young or old, a fan that has a fair grasp of this game knows that to beat A. Rodgers in his house with this Jets team we have to have most things go right on our end. Even one poorly timed flag could take away a great effort from we underdogs.

Can Rex put the fear of God in these guys  - even the spastic Colon -  and get them focused? We'll see.

Great to see Geno making big strides and even greater to see the D backfield looking semi legit. 

Telling an older Jets fan that he should be more positive is like trying to sell a $300 pair of Air Jordans to someone who lived through the Great Depression.

You, sir, will break one day. They all do. Like YoungJetsFan (RIP probably), you will crumble and look back on this time of naïveté with shame and regret. See you on the other side, dawg.

Telling an older Jets fan that he should be more positive is like trying to sell a $300 pair of Air Jordans to someone who lived through the Great Depression.

You, sir, will break one day. They all do. Like YoungJetsFan (RIP probably), you will crumble and look back on this time of naïveté with shame and regret. See you on the other side, dawg.

This may be the creepiest post ever. 

The Jets have a very good defense and a great running attack. For all the naysayers about the OL, they looked pretty good yesterday. Most weeks against half the teams in the NFL that will be enough to win or at least be competitive. And next week with a Packers defense that is ridiculously overrated they should make a game of it. Fully expect the Jets to hang 200+ rushing yards on the Hawk/Matthews blond hair club for men crappy Pack defense.

Problem is when they get in a game when thety need to score 27-35 points, Geno Smith is not gonna get it done. The margin for error is next to nothing,which is how one circus catch TD by the Raiders at the end was so scary. This should have been a blowout, and it wasn't because of mistakes by Smith. That last sack was disgace that cost them 3 points and made what should have been a  3 score game a 2 score game.  We have learned need superior QB play to beat the better NFL teams. And we have seen enough bad QB play to know what we saw yesterday is not gonna get it done. Further when the CS running Wildcat down by the goalline they think that too. There is no other team in the NFL taking out it's starter in those situations.

There are some here who (young, new , what ever) who see Geno Smith not crap himself and think it's grounds for a Thanskgiving Day Parade. That's insane. The Report Card grade is is correct. This was a C to C minus. Is it so much to want a QB who is an asset rather than a lialbility?

Listen if Geno throws an INT at our 20, fumbles twice and gets sacked out of FG range next week it's close to 100% that we will lose the game.

With that said, I can't say that I agree with the bolded part of your post. I actually think it will be near impossible that the Jets will be as horrendous as they were in the red zone, 2 weeks in a row. That is how bad the whole team was. Between the fumble, bad sack, penalties (both deservedly and not), bad playcalling and the pass that was an inch out of Salas' grasp there was a lot of things going against us. 

If we can turn half of those into positive plays, the Jets could easily run up 27 points. Everyone is (rightfully) harping on all of Geno's 3 horrible plays but little is being said about other players/aspects. Hopefully the ref's aren't completely calling the game one sided next week. Hopefully Marty ditches those absolutely idiotic Vick and QB draw plays near the goal-line. Boomer this morning was saying that every QB, even Peyton Manning, needs a WR to make a spectacular catch once a game or so to help out their QB. That didn't happen for us, mostly because Geno was on the $ all day long, but hopefully a WR can make a spectacular catch to help out our QB (Cumby, Salas). 

Archived