*****THE OFFICIAL SEASON OPENING RAIDERS SUCK GAME THREAD****

ZachEY

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tweeters reporting that the whiteout BS has largely been ignored. Must be a lot of depressed Jets interns wandering the parking lot thinking wistfully back to their pep squad days at Bucknell right now.

You be sure to let SunWillComeOutAmaro88 and SheWantsTheDEE27 that their unheralded reporting has really guided us through the rough hours before the game.

Tell the guy sitting next to you to put together a series of Vines for us, plz.

The world has no idea what it's missed thus far. Went to a game a few years back where I got totally wasted, we benched Pennington mid game but not soon enough for Clemens to save us.

Drunk as hell following the loss, I wandered the hallways of Giants Stadium, screaming at the top of my lungs with the accent of a southern black preacher: "are you ready for the Kellen Clemens era, my brother/sister????" And shouting AMEN every time I got the slightest acknowledgment. I must have approached a thousand people that day. Some asked to take pictures with me, as if I was a zoo exhibit.

So, that's a thing that happened.

I just spent 10 minutes yelling at my tv at Marshall Faulk. F*cking idiot.

sterling sharpe this morning

"this is the first time in his career rex ryans's offense is better than his defense, so I'm picking the raiders to win"

LOLOLOLOL

I can't understand how guys like him and Sapp get hired in the first place, much less keep those jobs. It's amazing how little actual insight into the game most of these ex-players provide.

Stark contract from baseball; I absolutely love listening to old Catchers or Pitchers talk about how the game works, even on a pitch-by-pitch basis. Sure, you get your Joe Morgan's, who despite being one of the best ever, calls every game as if each fan is watching the sport for their first time, but I find old players in baseball and basketball usually much better than football. Almost unanimously so. 

The world has no idea what it's missed thus far. Went to a game a few years back where I got totally wasted, we benched Pennington mid game but not soon enough for Clemens to save us.

Drunk as hell following the loss, I wandered the hallways of Giants Stadium, screaming at the top of my lungs with the accent of a southern black preacher: "are you ready for the Kellen Clemens era, my brother/sister????" And shouting AMEN every time I got the slightest acknowledgment. I must have approached a thousand people that day. Some asked to take pictures with me, as if I was a zoo exhibit.

So, that's a thing that happened.

See, I like this stoicsentry. Don't let him be a stranger.

Stark contract from baseball; I absolutely love listening to old Catchers or Pitchers talk about how the game works, even on a pitch-by-pitch basis. Sure, you get your Joe Morgan's, who despite being one of the best ever, calls every game as if each fan is watching the sport for their first time, but I find old players in baseball and basketball usually much better than football. Almost unanimously so.

Yeah, I don't know what it is. There are a million bright, articulate football players, but the networks rush to hire the retired moron with name recognition--Sapp, Hoge, Harrison, Buttle, Sharpe, etc.--and then they double down on it by giving them tons of air time while burying the dudes who have interesting stuff to say. I realize the job of TV producers is to cater to the idiot majority, but it just gets painful to watch.

Aside: wtf is James Brown laughing at all the time?

I can't understand how guys like him and Sapp get hired in the first place, much less keep those jobs. It's amazing how little actual insight into the game most of these ex-players provide.

Michael Robinson is good. He's new at it, the others have been transformed into caricatures over the years.

I circled thru the early pre game shows. Took about 5 minutes to realize that cleaning my place and cooking something for the game would be infinitely more rewarding than watching this infinite loop of obvious delivered by people who given up on trying to be even remotely provide anything analytical because they had the crutch of cliches to earn their next paycheck.

Archived