*****THE OFFICIAL SEASON OPENING RAIDERS SUCK GAME THREAD****

ZachEY

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played great on 3rd down. Great to see we actually have an offense. 

Would have liked to see more pressure on Carr. We're gonna need better pass rushing to get the upcoming QBs off their game

I can almost guarantee that Geno will not have a fumble on the 3 every week. But try and tell it to the guys who did not want the Jets to draft him. He conducted some nice drives, got killed by penalties, and had a clear TD pass dropped. I will take it.

I can almost guarantee that Geno will not have a fumble on the 3 every week. But try and tell it to the guys who did not want the Jets to draft him. He conducted some nice drives, got killed by penalties, and had a clear TD pass dropped. I will take it.

He played pretty damn good. I'm happy with it. Lightyears ahead of last year.

I hope he does. The fate of the Idzik regime rests on whether or not Geno can play at a high level. I personally like Geno, and Idzik, and need them to succeed. That said, he leaves a lot to be desired at this point and I'm not overly optimistic that there are enough smart people on the Jets staff that can get the most out of him. They're running the option with him. They're pulling him for the Wildcat. They look like they're afraid to let him throw the ball inside the 20. These are not good things, IMO.

Don't think it's as bad as you're implying, but definitely room to improve.  Today was a positive.

no I think he took it outside because of pressure. We will have to go to the tape.

Go for it, I just rewatched it to make sure. Geno is in shotgun, takes a 3 step drop back and runs immediately to the right. Breno is blocking a defender in the endzone, something that would be illegal if there was even the option of Geno passing the ball.

It was a horrible playcall by Marty. 

Don't think it's as bad as you're implying, but definitely room to improve.  Today was a positive.

about what I expected. A game we should have totally dominated but let an inferior opponent make a game of it. This wont fly against the next 7 teams we face.  

Seriously! One overthrow to Cumberland. Every other pass was catchable. Including possibly 2 TDs.

Yuap, we had a drop and a miss in the end zone/ FGs instead of home runs. 8 points. A game that was essentially 26-7 *except for a last minute score), total domination of their offense. What is wrong with that?

about what I expected. A game we should have totally dominated but let an inferior opponent make a game of it. This wont fly against the next 7 teams we face.  

What's amazing is that people complain we didn't do enough this offseason, that we didn't improve the team, that we're not very good, that the QB sucks.  And then, those same people think we're supposed to dominate any team...

Something doesn't compute.

Go for it, I just rewatched it to make sure. Geno is in shotgun, takes a 3 step drop back and runs immediately to the right. Breno is blocking a defender in the endzone, something that would be illegal if there was even the option of Geno passing the ball.

It was a horrible playcall by Marty.

Okay. I buy it. And I probably would have preferred he slide or throw it away. I just said I do not fault him for trying to be tough. And he caught a helmet on the ball, I believe. Guys fumble when that happens. Not the best outcome. But does not make me think Geno is crazy.

What's amazing is that people complain we didn't do enough this offseason, that we didn't improve the team, that we're not very good, that the QB sucks.  And then, those same people think we're supposed to dominate any team...

Something doesn't compute.

some peeps ain't rational, there, pardoner.

I hope he does. The fate of the Idzik regime rests on whether or not Geno can play at a high level. I personally like Geno, and Idzik, and need them to succeed. That said, he leaves a lot to be desired at this point and I'm not overly optimistic that there are enough smart people on the Jets staff that can get the most out of him. They're running the option with him. They're pulling him for the Wildcat. They look like they're afraid to let him throw the ball inside the 20. These are not good things, IMO.

POTW NOM

This looked exactly like the same football we've seen the past 3 seasons. Unprepared and unorganized, with Rex looking completely lost as the team racked up penalties, and the only reason it didn't cost us a L is because the team we played wasn't good enough to take advantage of it. We've all seen this show before, 8-8 here we come.

Didn't look the same at all. I saw a confident QB That had one **** up to one of the best corners in the game.

Completely different dynamic at QB this year. If you can't see that than I dont know what to tell ya man.

Gen was on the money today on 99% of his passes. Few drops and penalties negated that.

if that was a good win then we're doomed. A lot of work to be done.

Called off the dogs halfway through 3rd quarter on offense. The Jets know a win is a win (even though I hate that mentality and wish they would keep playing to win instead of getting conservative).

We just disagree man.

Anyone watching the Dallas game...how does Romo look (hint: horrendous)

Also, the Niners are calling good goalline plays...play action to TE. We did it in the preseason, no reason why we are calling these ridiculous plays today. Hopefully Marty pulls his head out of his ass when we are in the redzone next week. 

Anyone watching the Dallas game...how does Romo look (hint: horrendous)

Also, the Niners are calling good goalline plays...play action to TE. We did it in the preseason, no reason why we are calling these ridiculous plays today. Hopefully Marty pulls his head out of his ass when we are in the redzone next week.

I wonder if that's entirely Marty, though. I don't remember him running that trash in Philly.

Archived