*****THE OFFICIAL SEASON OPENING RAIDERS SUCK GAME THREAD****

ZachEY

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was not a great win but it also shows this season we can play below par and still WIN unlike last season where we had to be lights out to even have a whiff.

It was Game One of a season. Four quarters no one has played since last year. They are usually very uneven or high scoring. I thought it was actually okay. Hell, Brady had 2 strip sacks. If Geno had done that people's veins would be popping out of their heads.

It was not a great win but it also shows this season we can play below par and still WIN unlike last season where we had to be lights out to even have a whiff.

you do realize we played probably the worst team in football, right? We wont get away with that performance against other teams in this league. 

I wonder if that's entirely Marty, though. I don't remember him running that trash in Philly.

The Andy Reid/MM era in Philly was full of weird goalline plays.  My old roommate is a huge Eagles fan and the goalline shovel pass and refusal to stick with what has been working all game were staples of that regime.

It was Game One of a season. Four quarters no one has played since last year. They are usually very uneven or high scoring. I thought it was actually okay. Hell, Brady had 2 strip sacks. If Geno had done that people's veins would be popping out of their heads.

Geno was picked by Woodson on a great read and a great Int. That'swhat the guys been doing for 17 years.

The fumble was a cluter**** of a play. Not sure about the goal line calls in this game. Questionable at best.

Typical Rex game. Unorganized and unprepared. So pathetic.

Agreed.

penalties

drops

turnovers

cute playcalling

this team did not take the faiders seriously

that's on rex

Agreed.

So it's Rex's fault Salas dropped a TD, Geno has turned it over twice, the refs didnt calls blatant hold on the TD and Pryor dropped a pick six?

I get the penalties but that's not hurting the Jets. They've missed opportunities. This should be a totally different game.

Them "not hurting" doesn't make them acceptable. You're an idiot for statements like this.

not if you drink 12 of them brah

So girldrink with diarrhea.

He just led an offense that put up 19 points against a bad Raiders team.

Bad Raiders team, but solid defense.  They were terrible last year, but bringing in Woodley, Tuck, Antonio Smith, Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, drafting Khalil Mack and resigning Charles Woodson and Pat Sims, this defense is immensely better than what they put on the field last year and wouldn't be surprised if they were a top 15 ranked team.  Tell ya what, Oakland's defense worried me more than the Packers next week. 

As an aside, god damn do I love Allen's open-field tackling.  Kid played very well today and wouldn't be surprised to see him get the start over Walls when Milliner returns. 

Bad Raiders team, but solid defense. They were terrible last year, but bringing in Woodley, Tuck, Antonio Smith, Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, drafting Khalil Mack and resigning Charles Woodson and Pat Sims, this defense is immensely better than what they put on the field last year and wouldn't be surprised if they were a top 15 ranked team. Tell ya what, Oakland's defense worried me more than the Packers next week.

As an aside, god damn do I love Allen's open-field tackling. Kid played very well today and wouldn't be surprised to see him get the start over Walls when Milliner returns.

I really like the future with Allen and Pryor at safety. Allen reminds me a lot of Merton Hanks.

The offense has dominated. They just can't capatalize.

This should be a 2 score game at the half.

You can't dominate and end up with 19 points. Domination includes what goes on the scoreboard. I agree with what you're getting at though, we should have won by about 14-20 points.

Smith's 14/19, 2 of them are drops, and 2 more completed passes called back for holding calls. And they put the ball in Vick's hands to throw it.

Sweet shovel pass but it shouldn't be necessary to get cute.

Yup.

Seriously. **** Rex. This f'ing game. Win or not this game is proof that we're in for yet another season of bullsh*t nonsensical stupidity that costs wins. Unbelievable.

Yup. 

another way of saying it is that they withstood a gaggle of penalties and missed opportunities yet are finding a way to win?

No.

Colon is f*cking brutal.

Said it after the pre-season brawl. The dude is an idiot, he's a liability on the field and irresponsible where it concerns penalties. Patriots trade a probowl guard before he starts to fall off. Jets employ a past-his-prime guard good for nothing but sh*tty penalties. Pretty much a microcosm of everything wrong for us during the BB era up in NE.

.Colon's penalties are just dumb. Holding on a run, face mask, illegal procedure. Protect the QB, willie, I understand an occasional penalty there

Always.

And pats fans are pissed.  Fans are unhappy when their team doesnt play well.

I sure am. It was the perfect game for me. Enough for us to win to be happy. Do enough wrong for me to mad and pissed off we werent better. Perfect game. :-D

Yeah I know. It's even worse when you spend the whole day at the game. Glad I don't do that anymore

Given the way he set the bar for himself... Rex shouldn't be happy until he's hoisting the Lombardi. 

The slop he put on the field today isn't going to get you past playoff caliber teams.

Agreed. I would love to hear Lombardi who would throw a tirade after a game that was 'won' with all these mistakes. Rex is a reflection of this team. This is the NFL. 

That  many senseless penalties are inexcusable.

Agreed. I would love to hear Lombardi who would throw a tirade after a game that was 'won' with all these mistakes. Rex is a reflection of this team. This is the NFL. 

That  many senseless penalties are inexcusable.

No, the team is a reflection of Rex. "There's no question" about that.

Me too... I'd be in my car sitting in traffic pissed we didnt do better... and looking at another 3 hours in the car just replaying the game over and over in my mind.

Good god...this is after a WIN. I really hope one day I'm not an old bitter man like you and I have some really great wins to look back on.

I understand tho because I have my dad and uncle acting the same way.

Just watched Geno's presser. Regarding a comment made earlier in this thread - if you think this kid is stupid you are either a racist or a moron - there ain't no third option. 

Another observation - he is so much more confident this year its incredible. He's like a different person. 

Hahaha there is a third option. he's on the practice squad. Matt Simms.  Geno sounds like  a Mark Sanchez clone, ya know. ya know, ya know. I gotta get better ya know.

Yea we know you gotta get a lot better. Ya know.  

Just watched Geno's presser. Regarding a comment made earlier in this thread - if you think this kid is stupid you are either a racist or a moron - there ain't no third option. 

Another observation - he is so much more confident this year its incredible. He's like a different person. 

Im both but it has nothing to do with Geno.

Archived