*****THE OFFICIAL SEASON OPENING RAIDERS SUCK GAME THREAD****

ZachEY

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is fair to suggest master that if the Jets would had given Rex a decent QB over his tenure here, maybe just maybe this team wont be hob around 500?  To me, this year is very promising even with a safety playing CB in order to fill the most essential part of Rex's defense because ever since the last 5 games of last year and all the way thru the preseason and the first game;  This is the first time in a stretch where I seen the Jets offense driving across the field at will.  

Exactly. Take a look at the aggregate stats of QB play since Rex has been coach. The Jets are the only team even REMOTELY close to being .500 given the horrendous QB play. Teams that have had better play hover around the 3-4 win mark. 

Come on officer, you are allowed to be critical of Rex Ryan, it's only 25 cents, and look how much more you get.

To bring this full circle, you can be critical of Rex. I just ask that its for legitimate things not the same nonsensical bullsh*t. You blame the sloppiness on Rex? Fine, but don't say he never addresses it because I've never seen a head coach less happy after a win than Rex was yesterday. 

If the past 3 seasons set a trend for Jets fans, it's this:

1. Rex wins week 1 in an extremely unimpressive and unorganized fashion against a weak team.

2. One group of fans is concerned with how poor the team looked despite the W. Media doesn't think they looked all that great either. Other sect of fans on the board tells us we're all overreacting jerks who just don't know anything about sports and are big poopheads and if you win it's all that matters.

3. Rex holds at or around .500 through half of the season, continuously blowing opportunities that the first sect of fans predicted he'd do based on the problems observed in week 1.

4. Season finishes up, Rex finishes at or near .500 again, people forget by January how poorly coached the Jets look in too many games, we're told it's because weaponz and guys can't be coached up not to do this crap and that play calling doesn't matter and that it's not his fault that our offense runs insane sets inside the 5 like yesterday.

Give the devil his due; that is a very good defense. And it's a solid runnig game with a very good OL.

The team is gonna rise and fall on whether Smith can provide an NFL quality passing attac. I'm still not seeing that.And if the CS thought he could Vick never gets on the field yesteday.

And whether the Jets as a team can cut out the dumbass penatlies. The Pace one was idiotic. It's 3rd down and the ball was out; the refs are gonna call that hit on the QB every time. There were some people HERE bieetching about that call and I'm really at a loss if they have been watching the same NFL as me for the last several decades. 

To bring this full circle, you can be critical of Rex. I just ask that its for legitimate things not the same nonsensical bullsh*t. You blame the sloppiness on Rex? Fine, but don't say he never addresses it because I've never seen a head coach less happy after a win than Rex was yesterday. 

I've seen Rex say a lot of things, even seen the man cry because he really wants his players to do what he says. The day he actually translates onto the field what he wants in his head will be a good day. Until then, it's the same criticism because the problems are still the same.

Give the devil his due; that is a very good defense. And it's a solid runnig game with a very good OL.

The team is gonna rise and fall on whether Smith can provide an NFL quality passing attac. I'm still not seeing that.And if the CS thought he could Vick never gets on the field yesteday.

And whether the Jets as a team can cut out the dumbass penatlies. The Pace one was idiotic. It's 3rd down and the ball was out; the refs are gonna call that hit on the QB every time. There were some people HERE bieetching about that call and I'm really at a loss if they have been watching the same NFL as me for the last several decades. 

There were several separate components that looked good yesterday. As a team, as usual, we looked like a .500 football team. And I'm guessing that yet again, I'm going to be told why that will be a remarkable accomplishment.

There were several separate components that looked good yesterday. As a team, as usual, we looked like a .500 football team. And I'm guessing that yet again, I'm going to be told why that will be a remarkable accomplishment.

I don't think anyone is going to tell you it was a remarkable accomplishment. I am simply disagreeing with whether or not it's fixable. 

BTW - my prediction all along for this season has been .500 but a better .500 than last year. We were -95 points last year. I think the Jets can play significantly better football and still go 8-8.

Whether or not that saves Rex's job (I think it won't) is a whole other conversation. 

You don't understand...the older posters think that the more negative they are, the better Jets fans they are. Because they are so bitter and suffered through the terribleness that is the Jets. It's kind of sad that they don't allow themselves to feel good about Jets wins because they feel like it takes away from some part of their fandom.

It's like the Red Sox fans prior to them winning the World Series, they take pride in the fact that they root for losers and don't know how to handle success. Then they look down at us youngin's who are much too naive to understand that the team is nowhere near as good as we think it is and that the inevitable collapse will be coming sooner rather than later.

Potw

I don't think anyone is going to tell you it was a remarkable accomplishment. I am simply disagreeing with whether or not it's fixable. 

BTW - my prediction all along for this season has been .500 but a better .500 than last year. We were -95 points last year. I think the Jets can play significantly better football and still go 8-8.

Whether or not that saves Rex's job (I think it won't) is a whole other conversation. 

I think the point that some were making is that the problems we saw yesterday are the same problems we've been seeing going on 6 years now. That they are fixable is not the question, it's if Rex is actually capable of doing that. It is not nonsensical bullsh*t to question if maybe, just maybe, he is. If the criticism seems repetitive to you, perhaps you may be better off questioning why it's so repetitive, rather than just going all Farva and throwing soda around.

The Jets Defense let up 158 total yards, half of them coming in the final minutes of the 4th quarter.  That 158 is 100 yards less than any other team in the league.

The Jets secondary with corner backs consisting of a UDFA, a 7th round Safety and the colossal bust Kyle Wilson, gave up 133 yards passing.  30 yards better than next best team, the Rams

The Jets gave up 33 yards of rushing, 30 yards better than the next best team, the Eagles.

They also ran for more yards than any other team in the league beating out the Seahawks' who ran all over the Packers (the team the Jets play next week, ironically).

Cant wait to see the day Rex's vision translates to the field. 

I think the point that some were making is that the problems we saw yesterday are the same problems we've been seeing going on 6 years now. That they are fixable is not the question, it's if Rex is actually capable of doing that. It is not nonsensical bullsh*t to question if maybe, just maybe, he is. If the criticism seems repetitive to you, perhaps you may be better off questioning why it's so repetitive, rather than just going all Farva and throwing soda around.

Except I never did that. 

The Jets Defense let up 158 total yards, half of them coming in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. That 158 is 100 yards less than any other team in the league.

The Jets secondary with corner backs consisting of a UDFA, a 7th round Safety and the colossal bust Kyle Wilson, gave up 133 yards passing. 30 yards better than next best team, the Rams

The Jets gave up 33 yards of rushing, 30 yards better than the next best team, the Eagles.

They also ran for more yards than any other team in the league beating out the Seahawks' who ran all over the Packers (the team the Jets play next week, ironically).

You have it, dumbass. These are those days.

The Jets Defense let up 158 total yards, half of them coming in the final minutes of the 4th quarter. That 158 is 100 yards less than any other team in the league.

The Jets secondary with corner backs consisting of a UDFA, a 7th round Safety and the colossal bust Kyle Wilson, gave up 133 yards passing. 30 yards better than next best team, the Rams

We were playing the worst team in the league, who were injured at key positions, including quarterback.

We were playing the worst team in the league, who were injured at key positions, including quarterback.

I'd say the Rams, Jaguars, Redskins and Giants could stake their claim as the worst team, but point taken.  Raiders are a bottom 5 team for sure even after signing lots of shiny toys in free agency.  Doesn't mean we can't take positives from the game.

I'd say the Rams, Jaguars, Redskins and Giants could stake their claim as the worst team, but point taken.  Raiders are a bottom 5 team for sure even after signing lots of shiny toys in free agency.  Doesn't mean we can't take positives from the game.

No, we as Jets fans are never allowed to derive any pleasure whatsoever from watching our team play.

If the Jets ever do win the Super Bowl it will only be because its a down year in the NFL and it will be the worst Super Bowl performance by a winning team ever. 

No, we as Jets fans are never allowed to derive any pleasure whatsoever from watching our team play.

If the Jets ever do win the Super Bowl it will only be because its a down year in the NFL and it will be the worst Super Bowl performance by a winning team ever. 

Exactly!  Why the hell dont you people realize this?  If you want pleasure, hire a hooker.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived