Darrelle Revis Suffers Cramping Late In Up-And-Down Patriots Debut

Lil Bit Special

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/07/darrelle-revis-suffers-cramping-late-in-up-and-down-patriots-debut/

BOSTON (CBS) — Darrelle Revis’ Patriots debut had its ups and downs, but the day ended on a distinctly sour note for the cornerback.

With the Patriots’ defense struggling to get the ball back to Tom Brady and Co. late in the fourth quarter, Revis was unable to help, as he was on the sidelines receiving attention from the medical staff.

After the 33-20 loss, Revis said he was suffering from cramps.

“I’m fine. Some minor stuff going on, but I’m fine,” Revis said. “Minor things going on.”

Stuck on the sideline while the Patriots badly needed a play was not how Revis envisioned his day would go.

“Very frustrating that I couldn’t be out there and help the team out and help us in desperation mode at that time,” he said.

When Revis did play, he drew Mike Wallace duty. Revis was able to make some plays on the speedy wide receiver, but Wallace was able to win a fight for the ball and score a touchdown on Revis to tie the game in the third quarter. Revis was also beaten on a stutter-step by Wallace on a deep route, but Wallace had a foot out of bounds when he came down with that pass.

On the other side of things, Reivs was credited with two passes defensed, and he also recovered a first-half fumble for the Patriots.

After taking the loss, Revis wasn’t eager to assess his own play.

“It’s just not a good day for us. We didn’t play too well, and that’s the sour taste we’ve got in our mouth today,” Revis said. “It really doesn’t matter, about my debut or anything like that. It would have been way better if we would have come out with a victory. We’re worried about the loss.”

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the 33-20 loss, Revis said he was suffering from cramps.

“I’m fine. Some minor stuff going on, but I’m fine,” Revis said. “Minor things going on.”

Minor as in "I'm not risking my next contract for these losers for only $1MM/game"?

All I have to say is. 

Revis: 0-1

Verner: 0-1

Vontae Davis: about to be 0-1

Antonio Allen: 1-0

Darren Walls: 1-0

P.S. Don't be surprised if Brandon Flowers ends up 0-1 against the Cardinals or DRC ends up 0-1 against the Lions tomorrow. I'll make sure to bring this up if I'm able to call into the Jetnation podcast on Tuesday if this goes down. lol

All I have to say is. 

Revis: 0-1

Verner: 0-1

Vontae Davis: about to be 0-1

Antonio Allen: 1-0

Darren Walls: 1-0

P.S. Don't be surprised if Brandon Flowers ends up 0-1 against the Cardinals or DRC ends up 0-1 against the Lions tomorrow. I'll make sure to bring this up if I'm able to call into the Jetnation podcast on Tuesday if this goes down. lol

Walls didn't look good at all. Allen though, awesome.

Walls didn't look good at all. Allen though, awesome.

Walls did look good. He let up a huge play at the end of the game which he had awesome coverage on, its just that the WR made an incredible catch. Cant hold that against him, especially with all of the criticism Jet fans already held against him before the game. Walls had a good game, Allen had a very good game and he's definitely a sure-tackler. 

Archived