Time to eat some crow and Admit I was wrong

Raideraholic

The Jets clearly won the game on both sides of the ball.( didn't expect that) Where I was really disappointed in was Raiders coaching.( thought the coaches should have went four Wr ( really spread out) and single RB. Force the jets to play with more Db's , than lb's. ( as bad as they were out played on the field,a I think it was worse on the sideline) No in game adjustment what so ever.

They tried to play to Jet strength( prove something) , and they were exposed big time on both sides of the ball. ( they were man handled)

They didn't Do Derek Carr any favors playing that style- when you make a offense that one dimensional . he didn't have a chance. So I'm here to take my crow.

Btw I want to thank the fans in section 142 who were pretty decent people.( don't know about the fight a couple rows back as can't say who was at fault. I had a great time at Tailgate Joe - did great job.

Thanks Yes I was surprised even with a rookie QB they did not try to go down the field and really test Allen and Walls in routes. Give credit to Jets defense and coaches though. Carr looked pretty good for  for a first game though

The Jets clearly won the game on both sides of the ball.( didn't expect that) Where I was really disappointed in was Raiders coaching.( thought the coaches should have went four Wr ( really spread out) and single RB. Force the jets to play with more Db's , than lb's. ( as bad as they were out played on the field,a I think it was worse on the sideline) No in game adjustment what so ever.

They tried to play to Jet strength( prove something) , and they were exposed big time on both sides of the ball. ( they were man handled)

They didn't Do Derek Carr any favors playing that style- when you make a offense that one dimensional . he didn't have a chance. So I'm here to take my crow.

Btw I want to thank the fans in section 142 who were pretty decent people.( don't know about the fight a couple rows back as can't say who was at fault. I had a great time at Tailgate Joe - did great job.

Good balls coming back here,,,,,Kudos.

I agree, there were 80 of u sat Jets Bar in Raleigh ALL befuddled (and thrilled) that Raiders werent attacking CBs more with multiple WR sets,,, Coaching f**k up.

I think some of it was poor coaching and some it was trying to protect Carr and being afraid he would take too many big hits.   It's a long season and while Allen is most likely done his one chance is to show progress with the rookie QB.    If Carr ends up shell-shocked (like his brother) after week 2 then Allen may not make it past mid-season.   

I think you should feel pretty good about Carr's performance.  That was a tough spot for a rookie to make his first start on the road, against the Jets D.  He had no running game and still avoided any major mistakes and made a few plays.  I think the kid can play.  Its early, but it looks like you guys may have yourselves a QB.  

I think you should feel pretty good about Carr's performance.  That was a tough spot for a rookie to make his first start on the road, against the Jets D.  He had no running game and still avoided any major mistakes and made a few plays.  I think the kid can play.  Its early, but it looks like you guys may have yourselves a QB.  

he needs moar weaponZzZZs

I think some of it was poor coaching and some it was trying to protect Carr and being afraid he would take too many big hits.   It's a long season and while Allen is most likely done his one chance is to show progress with the rookie QB.    If Carr ends up shell-shocked (like his brother) after week 2 then Allen may not make it past mid-season.

I was gonna say something similar. The Jets were getting pressure on Carr as it was. They couldn't afford to lighten up the pass protection for more receivers. Thought I'd see more screen game from MJD and DMC, though.

They couldn't spread it because Carr would've been hit way more. They were throwing quick slants at Allen all they and he knew what to do. Allen was fundamental, knew the markers and kept the receivers in front of him. Those quick hits were 2-3 before the marker. Easy as 1-2-3...

Respect.

I think Carr has potential.  You can at least be excited about that.

we need pics of your Faider buddy decked out in Jets gear!

No doubt.  I let him off the hook yesterday.  He was complaining about some injury.  Figured its actually a little more embarrassing if he does it mid week when Football isnt being played.  haha

Respect.

I think Carr has potential.  You can at least be excited about that.

Really can t get over this loss as it hurt that much, Very hard to find the positives because all I see what went horrible wrong. I really thought they had a good chance of winning this game, and when your team gets taken out to the shed and humiliated. I'm not looking for silver lining feel good stories.

I thought Carr looked pretty good. He sure has a live arm. It's not hard to imagine him progressing in the next few weeks making the raiders a tough game second half of the season.

Ivory, CJ looked good for us. It's been awhile since I seen so many 5-10 yard gains going up the middle.

I thought Carr looked pretty good. He sure has a live arm. It's not hard to imagine him progressing in the next few weeks making the raiders a tough game second half of the season.

Ivory, CJ looked good for us. It's been awhile since I seen so many 5-10 yard gains going up the middle.

I thought M M did a great job calling the game. when the Raiders had their run stuffers they threw the ball effectively. can't say they pressured Geno Smith like I thought they were going to do. That might have been the most disappointing thing beside not being able to run the football yesterday

Good for you coming back to face the music like you said you would.  You got at least prediction right.  You said that the Raiders' receivers were larger than our secondary and would outmuscle them for the ball.  On that last touchdown, that is exactly what happened-Walls was running step for step with the receiver, but he was just larger than Walls and came down with the ball for a touchdown.

respect

Agree, think they were trying to protect Carr from taking hits.

I thought M M did a great job calling the game. when the Raiders had their run stuffers they threw the ball effectively. can't say they pressured Geno Smith like I thought they were going to do. That might have been the most disappointing thing beside not being able to run the football yesterday

You broke my balls pretty hard on the running angle. Need to tone down your silly predictions

You were not wrong, you were a fan. Totally understandable. A lot of us may be thinking the same thing come Monday

Archived