Ravens release Ray Rice

Jetfan13

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You may be right, but she married him and dropped the charges.

I don't condone what he did.  Criminals of a similar nature do their time or pay their fine too.  Just saying I don't think banning him for life and making him unemployable is the answer.

SAR I

By his actions caught on film and Public opinion are what make him unemployable. That said could he get a second chance? Today the answer is no. In the future depending on what acts of contrition take place, it may happen. In no way do I condone his assault, but a year from now could my opinion change as far as giving him a shot, maybe. My opinion though would not be based on what he can do on the field but on what he has done to show he has grown from this experience.

Wonder if the Ravens take a look a Richardson off our practice squad; I would take him over Forsette or Pierce any day of the week.  

As an aside, I noticed the Packers were working out Seastrunk today, not sure whether that has anything to do with Lazy's availability or if they just liked him coming out of college.  

By his actions caught on film and Public opinion are what make him unemployable. That said could he get a second chance? Today the answer is no. In the future depending on what acts of contrition take place, it may happen. In no way do I condone his assault, but a year from now could my opinion change as far as giving him a shot, maybe. My opinion though would not be based on what he can do on the field but on what he has done to show he has grown from this experience.

I guess if Mike Vick can be accepted again by society after what he did so can Ray Rice.

SAR I

Wonder if the Ravens take a look a Richardson off our practice squad; I would take him over Forsette or Pierce any day of the week.  

As an aside, I noticed the Packers were working out Seastrunk today, not sure whether that has anything to do with Lazy's availability or if they just liked him coming out of college.  

They have that Lorenzo guy. Might be a sneaky fantasy pickup...Foresette's been a backup his entire career.

I guess if Mike Vick can be accepted again by society after what he did so can Ray Rice.

SAR I

Wouldn't exactly say he's accepted. Tolerated is more like it and not entirely. Many people still hate his guts. 

Ray Rice will get a chance to play again but by then he'll be 30 and done as a pro RB. even money he's taken his last regular season snap. 

Can I ask why?

What the guy did was terrible and I'm not defending him. However, if you had 60 seconds of massive stupidity out of 29 years of being a very respectable member of society is that grounds for you to lose your job and not be employable for the rest of your life?

We have laws that protect people from that sort of thing.

SAR I

Right? I mean, you beat one woman and all of a sudden you're a woman-beater. What is the world coming to?

Right? I mean, you beat one woman and all of a sudden you're a woman-beater. What is the world coming to?

Assault and murder are two different things requring two different responses.

There is zero doubt Ray Rice hit his fiance and knocked her out cold.  Zero.  It's the reaction to today's video and this sentiment that he should be banned for life that leaves me perplexed.  If in your life you got into an argument, hit someone, knocked them out, were arrested, the charges were reduced, the person you hit became your life partner, would you not be angry if a video of the incident was sent to your boss and led to your termination? 

SAR I

Amen. I mean, I can go 29 straight years as a model citizen and then one day I haul off and shoot someone in the face and all of a sudden I'm a labeled as a murderer? Like, what gives!?

Murder and assault are two different things requiring two different responses.  Rice was offered and agreed to join an anger management program as a first-time offender, there will be no jail time, from a court perspective, the incident is over.  The person he assaulted stood up to his defense, and was so upset by the situation she, she she......married him.

Let's not compare this situation to OJ, shall we?

SAR I

Dez Bryant punched his own mother in the face. This is the nature of pro sports. Its filled with guys from terrible upbringings that were surrounded by this type of behavior growing up. It's extremely difficult to police this sh*t unilaterally without kicking everyone out. Marshall, Dez, Greg Hardy, Jason Kidd, JR Smith etc. Everyone needs to be held accountable...who cares if its retroactive, kick them all out now.

Ravens deserve 0 praise. There is no way they didn't know what was on the video. TMZ fired Ray Rice not the Ravens or NFL. Once the video became public they had no choice but to kick him to the curb.

I agree. They knew what happened even without the video.

There is zero doubt Ray Rice hit his fiance and knocked her out cold. Zero. It's the reaction to today's video and this sentiment that he should be banned for life that leaves me perplexed. If in your life you got into an argument, hit someone, knocked them out, were arrested, the charges were reduced, the person you hit became your life partner, would you not be angry if a video of the incident was sent to your boss and led to your termination?

SAR I

+1000 the NFL should've done this from the beginning. But to do it now when the video came out when we all already knew what happened is wrong. I know the difference between hearing about it and seeing it. But the simple fact is no new facts came out from this video so for the NFL to now suspend him indefinitely when they already handed down this punishment based on the same facts is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He'll be signed next year by someone. It's to important for teams to win and Rice is a beast.

I disagree. Ray rice the last season didn't do so well. Throw in the fact that he is a RB and will miss an entire season most likely and his career might be done. I may be wrong but i have the feeling that he may get a chance but won't stick to a team next season.

There is zero doubt Ray Rice hit his fiance and knocked her out cold. Zero. It's the reaction to today's video and this sentiment that he should be banned for life that leaves me perplexed. If in your life you got into an argument, hit someone, knocked them out, were arrested, the charges were reduced, the person you hit became your life partner, would you not be angry if a video of the incident was sent to your boss and led to your termination?

SAR I

I dunno, probably. That doesn't mean I have any sort of recourse.

I disagree. Ray rice the last season didn't do so well. Throw in the fact that he is a RB and will miss an entire season most likely and his career might be done. I may be wrong but i have the feeling that he may get a chance but won't stick to a team next season.

Of ever the league, commissioner, tells teams to lay off a player and let him rot, this is it.

And you're right, he was bad last year, is a little guy too. Don't see it. Maybe he can get Tebow and play in Canada

He'll sign cheap unless he's an idiot.

Archived