Jets missed on real CBs like DRC ...

Clementi49

Can stoic entry come in here and post again about the mistake it was not to sign this guy?

Indeed. John Idzik doesn't make stupid investments like that, he signs proven winners like Dimitri Patterson instead.

And clearly our secondary is no concern at all, given the way they handled that powerhouse Raiders passing game.

• Thumb Down 6

I'm sorry, you're totally right. Idzik was correct to put minimal effort into fixing the team's biggest flaw this offseason. Anyone who thinks Dee Milliner and Darrin Walls do not a complete secondary make is clearly insane.

Don't make this into something larger. You threw a temper tantrum when we didn't pay what the Giants did for DRC. He has looked terrible since August. Just admit it dude.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, you're totally right. Idzik was correct to put minimal effort into fixing the team's biggest flaw this offseason. Anyone who thinks Dee Milliner and Darrin Walls do not a complete secondary make is clearly insane.

Great straw man argument. No one is saying this validates Idzik not addressing the CB situation.

You complained incessantly about him not being more aggressive in getting DRC. Based on his performance tonight, Idzik was right, and you wrong. Dead wrong.

But yeah, we know. Dmitri Patterson.

• Upvote 1

Average/above average although he looks bad tonight. He can play press but can be fooled as well, average+. I agree he isn't worth that money and JI did the right thing.

I'll give you average.

He wanted and got much better than average money though. That's why I didn't disagree with Idzik. You don't overpay when you aren't looking at a sure thing or don't have alternatives. If he didn't think DRC was worth it then he should have passed like he did. Time will tell if he's right or the Giants

I'll give you average.

He wanted and got much better than average money though. That's why I didn't disagree with Idzik. You don't overpay when you aren't looking at a sure thing or don't have alternatives. If he didn't think DRC was worth it then he should have passed like he did. Time will tell if he's right or the Giants

Definitely, the Giants overpaid. What was he the third on the list of FA CB's they went after?

Some kill JI but he did try to improve the back end, it just didn't match up financially.

I'm curious on McFadden...

You're not taking into account the context of the situation. Does he make us better? Yes. Is he worth the salary pain he'd put us in? No. Not with the guys we have to pay.

Sure, the Giants overpaid him. Even if he plays as well as he ever has, they still overpaid him.

You guys complain about me strawmanning you, but I don't ever recall saying that DRC was worth every penny he got.

Edited by stoicsentry