The "New" Fireman Ed...Just Terrible!

Geez, that guy really sucked! There were so many opportunities to get the JETS chant going. Instead, I think the dude got up twice. Ugh. How about giving someone else a shot? And, what's with the stupid red gloves? Let's go Chiefs? AWFUL.

Actually just quickly re-reading my post, that isn't very PC of me. It doesn't necessarily have to be a blonde. I blame being more of a slave to stereotypes than the actual implied bigotry, since no women with great big t!ts should be discriminated against. Pretty insensitive of me. Sorry, everyone. 

i dont think that was his fault. i think the team is telling him when to do it

I think so too. Nobody knows where he is sitting. So you are at the mercy of when they put him on the big screen.

They had the two originators there. Um, LET THEM DO IT!  Always loved those guys.

I think so too. Nobody knows where he is sitting. So you are at the mercy of when they put him on the big screen.

They had the two originators there. Um, LET THEM DO IT!  Always loved those guys.

I remember them in the old days, when they would dress as nurses leading the cheer from the uppers

Geez, that guy really sucked! There were so many opportunities to get the JETS chant going. Instead, I think the dude got up twice. Ugh. How about giving someone else a shot? And, what's with the stupid red gloves? Let's go Chiefs? AWFUL.

The old Fireman Ed was terrible---for years.

It's time for the chant to die. The fact that the fans aren't doing it should be the first clue that it's not wanted.

We have cheerleaders, we have a drum corps, we have flagboys. We don't need a mascot too.

SAR I

Unfortunately you're right... If a fan steps up then great, but the types of fans that started these cheers have been priced out of this stadium and the chant isn't organic anymore. The neighborhood has changed as they say.

I remember them in the old days, when they would dress as nurses leading the cheer from the uppers

I miss the old days. The risk of getting rolled over by drunk Patriot Santa or a fight falling towards you were always there but the people we sat with were great and now it's just a refuge of Ticketmaster people and some newcomers.

I thought a majority of the stadium was all in when that guy was on the jumbotron. Sounded no different then when Ed did it. Maybe a little. But people were Definetly standing doing it in my section.

I believe it's changing people every single home game right ???

Yup...different season ticket holder every week.

I thought a majority of the stadium was all in when that guy was on the jumbotron. Sounded no different then when Ed did it. Maybe a little. But people were Definetly standing doing it in my section.

I believe it's changing people every single home game right ???

Sounded to me like everyone was going along with it

Unfortunately you're right... If a fan steps up then great, but the types of fans that started these cheers have been priced out of this stadium and the chant isn't organic anymore. The neighborhood has changed as they say.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST DID?

I miss the old days. The risk of getting rolled over by drunk Patriot Santa or a fight falling towards you were always there but the people we sat with were great and now it's just a refuge of Ticketmaster people and some newcomers.

I know. Was great, knew everyone who sat around is, same people every game, week after week. Now who knows? Then people wonder why the crowd isn't as loud as it used to be.

At least he was once a real Fireman unlike this new guy.

The new guy was only there for the week anyway..new fan every week.  The guy from the opener is some kind of safety/construction something or other, so whether he did well or not, those were his "tools of the trade"...I don't begrudge the guy for doing it, but I just wish it was Ed, someobody Ed passed the torch to, or nobody.  Seems silly when it's forced.

Back at Shea. Think they were brothers, were the originators of the J-E-T-S chant. Would lead it from the upper deck, right behind the home plate area of Shea. They would dress up as nurses occasionally, kind of had a Hoggette like appeal to it. They actually were the ones who brought the chant to the Meadowlands. They would lead the loudest chant from the uppers. F Ed would lead a second cheer from his section below, not as loud and we would boo his attempts. Not a great start to his career

Honestly I could give a damn who leads this over used jets chant. Fireman Ed was a clown. They should prerecord Rex Ryan or W.Johnson or Chris Christie or select players  leading the Jets chant and show  it on the big screens so the fans can get amped for the game.

That's what I been saying. WTF you need a fake fireman for?!

The new guy was only there for the week anyway..new fan every week.  The guy from the opener is some kind of safety/construction something or other, so whether he did well or not, those were his "tools of the trade"...I don't begrudge the guy for doing it, but I just wish it was Ed, someobody Ed passed the torch to, or nobody.  Seems silly when it's forced.

Eds probably sitting at home on Sunday cursing at the TV on how these new guys are doing it all wrong.

They weren't priced out.  They quit on the team because they didn't want to accept the same lesser-locations that we waitlisters dealt with for 20 years.

SAR I

Watch Fireman Ed come back at the end of the season for an important game when we are fighting for a Wild Card berth. I bet that would really get the crowd energized.

Ed publicly quit on the team when things started going bad, he publicly re-quit on the team last month when the Jets reached out to him quietly, having him return to the team when things start going well again would be exactly what I'd expect from such a loathsome self-promoter.

SAR I

Archived