It's official! Shutdown Corner season has begun....lol.

Villain The Foe

Guys that Jet fans were pissed at Idzik for not signing. 

Darrelle Revis: 0-1

Vontae Davis: 0-1

Brandon Flowers: 0-1

Rodgers-Cromartie: 0-1

Alterraun Verner: 0-1

Guys that Idzik stuck with. 

Antonio Allen: 1-0

Darren Walls: 1-0

Every Corner that these people were crying over lost week one. The Corners (well, one converted corner in AA) that was next in line on our team that the world crucified and said that the rookie would look like an all-pro held their own on Sunday and have a "1" in the win column. 

I have a feeling that this will be an unpopular thread lmao! 

And to add. These same people who felt that we should have signed Desean Jackson and that Eric Decker isn't a #1 receiver. Lets put the results up. 

Desean Jackson: 0-1

Eric Decker: 1-0

It stings people.......I know! 

Even if our corners see some ups and downs this season, I'm wondering if developing Allen as a corner back might be a huge step for our future. We have to keep the context of this season in mind. It's not about a Super Bowl this year, it's about developing the pieces to get to one later, while keeping funds available to propel us forward when the time is right.

Every Corner that these people were crying over lost week one. The Corners (well, one converted corner in AA) that was next in line on our team that the world crucified and said that the rookie would look like an all-pro held their own on Sunday and have a "1" in the win column. 

And to add. These same people who felt that we should have signed Desean Jackson and that Eric Decker isn't a #1 receiver. Lets put the results up. 

This post reminds me a lot of a Kyle Wilson finger-wag.

Look be real we needed 1 other corner not saying mevis (i would not have signed him) but we needed just one of the other guys. The real test is next week against GB with a great qb that is when you can make the determination about our cbs. Anything before that is just premature

Well if we want to nitpick here Antonio Cromartie is 1-0. I'm done getting excited over week 1, especially against a bad team. Remember when we smacked the Bills two years ago and Tony Sparano looked like an offensive coordinator for one day? It's a long season, if we can find a way to beat the Packers I will be a lot more encouraged. But for the record I feel like the Packers are this year's version of the Falcons. Good skill players, but terrible lines and that will cause them to have a down season.

Jordy Nelson vs Allen, with Kyle Wilson on Cobb, is terrifying.

Allen might be long enough and strong enough to get physical at the line with Jordy to the point that he doesnt get destroyed out there.  Cobb scares me the sh*t out of me.  He's going to mental, me thinks.

That said, Rogers only completed 2 passes to WR's last game, the rest were to the TE and RB's.  If they're that limited on offense, I hope Rex can scheme up stopping 2 players. 

Not seeing a direct correlation, not getting how we would be worse off sign any of these guys on our team either.

Or how not missing a stud corner vs. the Raiders means we couldn't use one vs. GB

But hey, 1-0!!!!!!!

While I completely agree without doubt that there's no reason to be getting so ahead of ourselves after just one game has been played, I do feel the need to point out that it certainly didn't seem to make a damn bit of difference to many around here for months and months when there had been a grand total of zero games played.

Hell, there were jackoffs in the game thread ready to throw a celebration party for every crappy Jets play that they felt proved them right.  So while I'm not going to get all worked up about this secondary just yet, it's not like you couldn't see this coming either.

While I completely agree without doubt that there's no reason to be getting so ahead of ourselves after just one game has been played, I do feel the need to point out that it certainly didn't seem to make a damn bit of difference to many around here for months and months when there had been a grand total of zero games played.

Hell, there were jackoffs in the game thread ready to throw a celebration party for every crappy Jets play that they felt proved them right.  So while I'm not going to get all worked up about this secondary just yet, it's not like you couldn't see this coming either.

Packers 34

Jets 27

I really only caught the second half, but it seemed they were scheming with Allen.  I think they actually had Sheldn out bumping his man on the line on one play. One of the things Rex does that I think doesn't get enough respect is scheme the D to force throws to particular areas.  He used to force teams to throw at Revis and there are times when he calls an "interception" coverage.  I know that it worked with Revis having safety help so he could step in front against Dez Bryant.  There were a few times last year where Rex mentioned that they called those kind of coverages and it worked but the DBs simply dropped the ball. Allen has qualities that can be used at CB.  I don't think he will ever be the kind of guy that you just let cover anybody, but against certain players and with certain help he seems to be a valid CB.  

Archived