It's official! Shutdown Corner season has begun....lol.

Villain The Foe

Allen might be long enough and strong enough to get physical at the line with Jordy to the point that he doesnt get destroyed out there.  Cobb scares me the sh*t out of me.  He's going to mental, me thinks.

That said, Rogers only completed 2 passes to WR's last game, the rest were to the TE and RB's.  If they're that limited on offense, I hope Rex can scheme up stopping 2 players. 

Here's to hoping Milliner can practice tomorrow. 

with the new CBA, week 1 has become kinds sorta like the 3rd pre-season game as far as quality of play.  you don't know what you have until week 4 amymore

you can look at indivudual 1 on 1 performances tho.  

AA is a great tackler of average WR's.

revis looks like an older guy with knee issues

DRC is a good corner, megatron is god.  holy crap what a WR

decker is legit.  (hey marty, throw him the ball in the redzone mre than once !)

Jordy Nelson vs Allen, with Kyle Wilson on Cobb, is terrifying.

rex is a mad man.  he had landry at corner on the first play of the game, and later on I saw  coples at corner.  coples !!!

nobody has any idea what he will cook up, but I trust it will be a great scheme. 

rex is a mad man. he had landry at corner on the first play of the game, and later on I saw coples at corner. coples !!!

nobody has any idea what he will cook up, but I trust it will be a great scheme.

Even put Saalim Hakim out at corner a couple of times. Sent him on a blitz once and in coverage later. Expect the unexpected

Allen might be long enough and strong enough to get physical at the line with Jordy to the point that he doesnt get destroyed out there.  Cobb scares me the sh*t out of me.  He's going to mental, me thinks.

That said, Rogers only completed 2 passes to WR's last game, the rest were to the TE and RB's.  If they're that limited on offense, I hope Rex can scheme up stopping 2 players. 

I know what you mean--but sometimes the order we put our words in can entirely change the meaning of the sentence. 

That said, Seattle's corners played sides, so Green Bay kept Boykin on the side with Richard Sherman, and Rodgers really had no reason to not try for Cobb or Nelson.  I highly doubt Walls or Allen will be shown the same respect. 

Jordy Nelson vs Allen, with Kyle Wilson on Cobb, is terrifying.

You are such a scared man.  I wonder how you get out of bed in the morning. 

rex is a mad man.  he had landry at corner on the first play of the game, and later on I saw  coples at corner.  coples !!!

It may have been Coples the play where I thought it was Sheldn.  I would not call it playing corner.  He just bumped the guy.  That is no problem as long as he can still set the edge on a run to his side (it was the Jets left the play I noticed).  Having an LB blast the WR and the corner behind (in that case it was Allen) is not a new technique.  It is a major part of how Belichick neutralized Andre Reed and the "K-gun" in the super bowl.

I know what you mean--but sometimes the order we put our words in can entirely change the meaning of the sentence. 

That said, Seattle's corners played sides, so Green Bay kept Boykin on the side with Richard Sherman, and Rodgers really had no reason to not try for Cobb or Nelson.  I highly doubt Walls or Allen will be shown the same respect. 

Well thank you for the correction sir.  And yes, I'm sure Sherman's presence had something to do with only 2 WR's catching a pass for the Packers...but either way, that's not a good thing for the Packers.  If they're distribution is 2 WRs, 1 TE and the RB's...its really not that daunting of a task to defend.  Rex has shut Rodgers down before...but that was back in the Revis/Cro days.  Hopefully we get Milliner back.

Also, on the opposite side...the Packers have a bunch of small CB's.  5'11, less then 200lbs...the Jets have a ton of big physical receivers...should be some opportunities in the passing game when they get bored running the ball for 5 yards a clip.

You are such a scared man.  I wonder how you get out of bed in the morning. 

It may have been Coples the play where I thought it was Sheldn.  I would not call it playing corner.  He just bumped the guy.  That is no problem as long as he can still set the edge on a run to his side (it was the Jets left the play I noticed).  Having an LB blast the WR and the corner behind (in that case it was Allen) is not a new technique.  It is a major part of how Belichick neutralized Andre Reed and the "K-gun" in the super bowl.

the play I noticed it was a run to the left I believe, and when coples slid out, allen dropped off, so it does sound like the defense you mentioned.

it's like rex knows defense or something

Archived