Madden sure is getting realistic looking

Fishooked

Well if I had the game it would be PS4; thought about picking this up but I knew I wouldnt play it much once Destiny came out

Last thing I had was a PS2.  Debating whether or not to get one for the boy for xmas.

PS4 you mean? 

Just think of all the fringe benefits you could get from it as well.

Minecraft for the PS4 just came out a few days ago, if that's a thing for him.

Ha, last one I had was a PS2.  PS4 or Xbox or whatever would be for xmas.  Some of his buddies do minecraft, but we have no idea how to use it.

Ha, last one I had was a PS2.  PS4 or Xbox or whatever would be for xmas.  Some of his buddies do minecraft, but we have no idea how to use it.

Im guessing he's either on the PC or running the PE (pocket edition) or something? 

I never personally quite understood the lure of this game, until I picked it up on the PS3 because my girls were clamoring for it.

It's very addicting  - and you can play local co-op with your kid on the console version. 

Rubbish used to play the card based, Statis Pro in the 80's.

when I was in High School I used to invent my own football board games with cards and ratings of all the players-I even made the box that it came in...dice games-I used to love them

I can imagine the next Madden update will either 

a) remove Ray Rice from the game entirely 

or 

B) change his name to Punchy McJerkOff

EA announced earlier today that they are going with the first of the two options listed above.

I think Madden is pretty much focused on creating the visuals than actually helping game play.  The only thing that really helps is the online play where you can just play friends because it's useless otherwise.  Playing against the computer is stupid, can pretty much call the same plays over and over again, and just audible based on the presnap coverage and score on almost all possessions.  

EA announced earlier today that they are going with the first of the two options listed above.

I liked my option better, but oh well lol 

is that game destiny going to be that good? I'm looking for a game or 2 to buy my kid for christmas

I played the beta a lot, I liked it a lot so I ended up picking it up today. 

YES. If they enjoy/ed Halo they will like it. Its made by the original makers of that series.

I never played Halo before but I guess this has the same look & feel.

I loved the demo/beta and it left me with wanting more. Should hold me over until The Witcher 3 comes out, then The Division afterwards.

I think Madden is pretty much focused on creating the visuals than actually helping game play.  The only thing that really helps is the online play where you can just play friends because it's useless otherwise.  Playing against the computer is stupid, can pretty much call the same plays over and over again, and just audible based on the presnap coverage and score on almost all possessions.  

I cant see playing season up on season against the CPU, multiplayer is where its at, but each game you play is generally going to take an hour or more.

If you can find the right group of guys to play online against (you know, the ones that dont go for it on 4th down on every single play) and play real simulation football, it can still be a lot of fun.

Personally though I havent picked it up in years, I like playing games where I can drop in & out as I choose. 

I cant see playing season up on season against the CPU, multiplayer is where its at, but each game you play is generally going to take an hour or more.

If you can find the right group of guys to play online against (you know, the ones that dont go for it on 4th down on every single play) and play real simulation football, it can still be a lot of fun.

Personally though I havent picked it up in years, I like playing games where I can drop in & out as I choose. 

Yeah, I usually just try to play against people I know.  If I go random, just add players that played a good game and just challenge them again.  I hate the guys that play for like 10 hours a day and find the glitches and just repeat all day long.  I think it was the '12 version, where some guy figured out that Dez Bryant can be moved to TE and pretty much not lose anything, and just kept throwing to him because the linebackers couldn't cover him at all.  

I also hate playing with teams other than the Jets, and we're always ranked bad on offense.  Hill was like the only player from last year's game that got open on a consistent basis.  

Yeah, I usually just try to play against people I know.  If I go random, just add players that played a good game and just challenge them again.  I hate the guys that play for like 10 hours a day and find the glitches and just repeat all day long.  I think it was the '12 version, where some guy figured out that Dez Bryant can be moved to TE and pretty much not lose anything, and just kept throwing to him because the linebackers couldn't cover him at all.  

I also hate playing with teams other than the Jets, and we're always ranked bad on offense.  Hill was like the only player from last year's game that got open on a consistent basis.  

Just think now you can roll out with Vick and cheese the sh*t out of everyone, just like everyone did when he was on the Eggles.

Just think now you can roll out with Vick and cheese the sh*t out of everyone, just like everyone did when he was on the Eggles.

Haven't bought this year's version because I feel like it's just an updated roster from last year.  Atleast last year, the Sunday Ticket deal made it worthwhile.  Geno was surprisingly decent to run with last year, but I had a horrible time with PA.  Almost always, the defenders would be right at the QB ready to hit when the automated action was over.  

Yeah I think Vick is the one that is going to be the better Madden QB, because you take out his biggest weakness, which is play recognition or coverage recognition by controlling where to throw to, and his physical skills are pretty high even now I think.  

Archived