****OFFICIAL PREDICT THE SCORE THREAD JETS-PACKERS WHAT****

T0mShane

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time we played them, Rodgers was bad 15/34 no TD but Sanchez was horrible16/32 with two picks and we lost 9-0. 

I expect the Jets offense to do what they did against the Raiders and that is to move the ball at will with less penalties and TO. 

JETS 31  GB 24

A fun contrast of styles.

When you watch Packers games, if Matthews and Hawk hadn't figured out trying to look like Thor was a great marketing plan, you see these 2 are the most overrated defenders in the NFL. Statistcally last year and week 1)  this is a very bad defense. The Jets can run on them. Remains to be seen if the Jets can run enough and run the clock out  against this sorry bunch to overcome Rodgers having his way with the Jets secondary.

I dunno. Smith cannot make the mistakes he made last week. WOuld wager he will keep making them. 

Packers 27

Jets 20 with a late Jets TD to make it look kinda okay. 

Jets 27

Packers 23

Oakland and Packers have a somewhat similar ranking defense with oakland's d probably being better. I think were definitely going to put points on the board, and I think we'll surprise everyone. Beat Rodgers in Lambeau, I think our defense will have its issues with Rodgers being amazing and all but I truly believe our defense will do enough to get us through this one. I really like the way our defense played without corners last week. Especially Allen. 

I just think, after that Decker holding call, they blatantly miss a bigger hold by the raiders' receiver on their first TD, and that probably would have refrained them from getting that touchdown. And if Walls literally just pulled James Jones out of bounds slightly, it would have been no catch. So, obviously Derek Carr is not Rodgers, but I think we're going to be prepared for what the Packers deal us, and I think somehow we'll come up on top. 

This was my upset pick for the Jets from before the season started, gotta go with it. NY Jets 26 GB Packers 24. Next week vs Alshon Jeffrey and Brandon Marshall in primetime I think we'll have more trouble. All in all if the Jets split these next 2 games we'll be in nice shape heading into week 4.

Nice to see a prediction thread filled with objective analysis and no homer predictions whatsoever.

How many homer predictions on the Pats board before the Miami game last week?  I'm guessing all of them.

Personally I think we score enough points to keep up with Air Rodgers but bonehead penalties and turnovers cost us this one.

Packers 27

Jets 24

We will run on them, and put pressure on Discount Double Check.  

If I recall last game, they scored 9, but it was 3-0 most of the game.  Plus the defense had to overcome 2 Sanchez INTs and one fumble.  

So this time I will say they will score 17, us 24.

Jets 24

Pack 17

How many homer predictions on the Pats board before the Miami game last week?  I'm guessing all of them.

That's why I don't bother reading that stuff.

I can't remember which thread on this board, but I said last week there was a very good chance the Pats come out of Miami with a loss.

That's why I don't bother reading that stuff.

I can't remember which thread on this board, but I said last week there was a very good chance the Pats come out of Miami with a loss.

So you don't read the Patriot homer predictions but you read and comment on Jet predictions expecting different?

NFL games are all about match-ups.  The Jets match-up really well in every aspect except Rodgers vs. the Secondary.  That is scary and he's good enough to put a team on his shoulders and carry them to victory

If this wasnt the Jets and this wasnt the Packers, I'd take the Jets because I think they can pound the ball, keep Rodgers off the field and keep their offense somewhat tamed.  But this is the Jets and they are the Packers, so:

24- Packers

Jets-17

I think it'll be a very winnable game for the Jets, they control the clock and pound the rock.  However, they will shoot themselves in the foot with penalties and turnovers at the most critical time.  We're all gonna be pissed on Monday with a huge "Fvck, we shuld have won that game".

Jets - 21

GB - 24

Archived