Revis gets beat-Kyle Wilson is terrible...

pointman

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i wanna hear the excuse that the commentators gave for him getting beat lol whenever he gets beat theres an excuse why it wasnt really his fault or the old classic line "you wont see that too often folks"

He didn't really make an excuse, he did say he got treatment for cramps even though it was "no big deal." Well if it was no big deal why even volunteer the info?

How many championships did the "elite" Revis get with the Jets?

How many championships did the "totally awesome never needed Randy Moss to divert the defenses attention" Wes Welker get with the Pats?

Oh... that's right the same number Revis got with the Jets and Dan Marino and Jason Taylor got with the Dolphins. 

I know people are hating on Wallace there, but I'd be more upset at Tannehill there with that throw.  There weren't anyone near Wallace once he got by Revis, so he could've thrown that ball a good 3 yards to the left and made it a much easier catch.  To make that catch while staying inbounds, I think Wallace has to either reach the spot first. plant both feet and just fall down sideways, or catch it over his other shoulder, but that would be a pretty big adjustment at the last moment.   

Other than that, I love that Revis got beat like that.  I hope we can get torch him atleast once when we face him in the first game.  Last year, we had Holmes hobbling up there, trying to jog past him, so we didn't get to go after him.  But atleast once, I hope we can get maybe Decker or Saunders or Kerley to beat Revis and see him calling the Bengay boys over for his hammy.  

I know.

It Rex all along. Rex made Revis rich.

Love me some Revis, but it's been five years and a torn ACL since he was last the best defensive player in the league. 

How many championships did the "elite" Revis get with the Jets?

Are you making the why CBs aren't worth $12M/year argument? 

Interesting. 

Every CB gets beat even Sherman.

Its game 1. If Revis is getting torched in games 3 and 4 I will begin to be concerned.

For the people you don't understand a joke.. this was one. I don't think Revis is Wilson level bad. But the wound still hurts, so trying to hate on Revis is better than weeping about him. 

Speaking of terrible, so is Mike Wallace. I saw that play live, that was a gimmie touchdown and he had no idea where he was in the endzone. I'm so glad the Dolphins signed him for that money and we didn't have the chance to because he has had 1,000 yard season of his career...his contract year...and he sucks. He's a fast guy and that really is about it. His hands are pretty suspect and his route running is very average.  

I was just about to say that. Revis did get beat on the play, but Wallace route running on that play wasnt anything to get hyped about. Looked like a slightly better Stephen Hill route wise. 

The TD Wallace got in the game, Revis batted the pass down and the ball hit Wallaces knee and bounce back into his hands.

Revis was used sparingly in pre season and Gronk not at all. They looked rusty.

I'll give you that. If Revis was a Jet and was rarely used we'd say the same thing. As for Gronk though, you might as well say that he's been rusty for 3 years straight. I dont even know why Madden still has this guy like a 99 in the game. He hasn't caught an important pass since like 2012. Then again, Madden is an arcade game and not a sim. (F U EA!)

....except that's true. You won't see that often.

....except that's true. You won't see that often.

Your definitely right and its probably partly a hatred for the pats that I'm sorta bashing him but you haveta admit the way the these commentators make excuses for him is a kind of silly. I remember the Bills game where he was sort of getting owned by Stevie Johnson they were saying how he was playing off strategically and this and that... C'mon Johnson just had his # that day. It was kind of cringy, and now that he is on that other team its really annoying.

I have to say I was talking crap about Revis when I saw the highlights. After I saw the game on replay, Revis did not play as bad as I thought. The TD catch was defended and Wallace got lucky to come up with it. He also had a couple of other passes defended. Wallace did get him a couple of times, but overall he had an ok game. Not shut down revis but ok. 

Other than that, I love that Revis got beat like that.  I hope we can get torch him atleast once when we face him in the first game.

As much as I'd love that as well, it's pretty doubtful.  Revis's kryptonite are the burners.  He no longer has the same lateral agility on that knee, so if he bites even a little on a route (like he did in that gif) he can't react as quickly, and he also lacks the "catchup speed" to make up for it.  His margin for error is thin with speed guys.  It's why a Stevie Johnson has given him a lot of trouble. 

Problem is, we don't have a speed guy.  Decker is a fine possession receivers but those are still the guys Revis is capable of shutting down.

I blame Stephen Hill.

I was just about to say that. Revis did get beat on the play, but Wallace route running on that play wasnt anything to get hyped about. Looked like a slightly better Stephen Hill route wise. 

Yep.  Makes Revis look even worse there for biting on it.

Archived