Jets Waive CB Leon McFadden, resign Lankster

Leon McFadden2

One positive to take away from the waiving of Leon McFadden is that it bodes well for Milliner’s return Sunday afternoon against the Packers. McFadden spent less than two weeks on the Jets’ roster, sticking around for only 11 days. The Jets picked up both Leon McFadden and Phillip Adams to bolster their cornerback depth after cutting Dimitri Patterson.

McFadden didn’t dress for last week’s game against the Raiders; only Antonio Allen, Darrin Walls, Kyle Wilson, and Phillip Adams were active for the game. Without McFadden the Jets are down to five cornerbacks on their roster. The Jets haven’t announced who they will bring in with the open roster spot yet. With only five cornerbacks on the roster though, a likely move would be to activate LeQuan Lewis from the practice squad.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
PGZmIGBiOxM

View the full article

Meh. Where is the corresponding roster move? Would like to see a solid veteran CB brought in. Who is the 4th corner on the team at this point? That other random guy they picked up off waivers? I still don't understand the Lankster cut. He's nothing special but at least he knew the system.

Meh. Where is the corresponding roster move? Would like to see a solid veteran CB brought in. Who is the 4th corner on the team at this point? That other random guy they picked up off waivers? I still don't understand the Lankster cut. He's nothing special but at least he knew the system.

Agreed. We should pick up all the Darelle Revis' off the street n become the best pass D in the league!

The other 31 teams including his former D coordinator haven't been falling all over themselves to sign Lankster.

Who is going to take that spot on the roster? Is Patterson coming back?

I saw that Patterson had a workout with the Lions this week.  I would not be surprised if this is nothing more than moving McFadden down to the PS and activating Jeremiah George since AJ Edds got hurt on Sunday.

Having this guy on the roster only worried me becasue the Browns kept (I believe) seven CB's, which means they felt at best, this guy was their 8th best.  That's not good on any roster, let alone the Browns.

Cool. He's not a bad little player, and the Jets could probably use the warm bodies in the secondary this week. 

I agree - glad to see him back.  He knows the system and he has always been a real good ST.  Don't really understand why they released him in the first place.

Its like they heard you dude.  All your bitching and moaning and they're listening now.  You're amazing.

Just saw the we resigned Lankster:

We have signed CB Ellis Lankster.

Quote below was form Rex's presser yesterday after practice -- maybe he was referring to McFadden:

"One thing I was disappointed in -- and I mentioned it to the [players] -- is sometimes you get guys that are on the practice squad or maybe your situation isn't exactly what you want it to be, and maybe your preparation isn't as good as it should be," Ryan said. "When you put guys in, you expect them to know what they're doing and they blow assignments. So we talked about that a little bit, learning how to be a pro. From the top guy on the team to the bottom, everybody needs to prepare like you're going to start. That was kind of a message I sent today." 

Quote below was form Rex's presser yesterday after practice -- maybe he was referring to McFadden:

"One thing I was disappointed in -- and I mentioned it to the [players] -- is sometimes you get guys that are on the practice squad or maybe your situation isn't exactly what you want it to be, and maybe your preparation isn't as good as it should be," Ryan said. "When you put guys in, you expect them to know what they're doing and they blow assignments. So we talked about that a little bit, learning how to be a pro. From the top guy on the team to the bottom, everybody needs to prepare like you're going to start. That was kind of a message I sent today." 

boyitellya - that Rex, he just lets the players run the roost, no discipline, no accountability.  This is why he'll get fired. 

• Upvote 3

I agree - glad to see him back. He knows the system and he has always been a real good ST. Don't really understand why they released him in the first place.

Other than having an awful PS game against the Eagles not sure why either. He was decent in sub's but maybe they wanted to see what McFadden could bring.

Other than having an awful PS game against the Eagles not sure why either. He was decent in sub's but maybe they wanted to see what McFadden could bring.

I'm sure it wasn't a big contract but as a vested vet Lankster's contract would have been guaranteed if on the roster week 1. Now he's basically week to week.