Packers Week 2: Playoff-Like Game For The Jets

Villain The Foe

can jets win? any nfl team can win any week.  but it will take a monumental turd from packers offense (unlikely) or a perfect game by the jets (slightly more likely) to go and win against the pack on the road. still hoping though!

Like the turd the Packers offense dumped at MetLife last time we played them?

If we can win the turnover battle and not shoot ourselves in the foot over and over again with penalties then maybe. Yet, if Aaron Rodgers go's berzerko and plays like he can then we probably lose. He is that good.

You really think 3 turnovers and 11 penalties will just go away like magic?

You really think 3 turnovers and 11 penalties will just go away like magic?

Lol.

Jets only turned it over twice and had 105 yards in penalties. Meanwhile, your Pats turned it over four times and had 100 yards in penalties. Maybe you should find another line of attack. 

Remember this? :

In 2010, the Packers went back to the Meadowlands. The offense struggled against the Jets' defense, but the special teams and Green Bay defense led the way. Tim Masthayrepeatedly pinned the Jets deep with punts, Mason Crosbyhit three field goals, and the defense kept the Jets off the scoreboard as the Packers registered their first-ever road win over the Jets and their first road shutout since 1991. The Packers won, 9-0.

Why all the angst?  Rex's D will hold them down and our O is better then 2010.  We definitly have have winning chances.

Lol.

Jets only turned it over twice and had 105 yards in penalties. Meanwhile, your Pats turned it over four times and had 100 yards in penalties. Maybe you should find another line of attack. 

and gave up 23 pressures and 3 sacks, brady was the most pressured QB in the NFL last week.

meant to rep the post above mine, lol

Just came across this statistic. 

In the 25 years of this playoff structure, teams who go 0-2 have made the playoffs a whopping 11% of the time. In other words, this game is literally a do-or-die-in-week-2 for the Pack. These are the caliber of teams the Jets will be facing in the playoffs. The Jets need to lace them up and make a statement. Do you guys think the Jets are ready to make this step and knock a potential Super Bowl contender out of the box in week 2? 

What are the odds on a team starting the season 9-1 and finishing 10-6?  :)  By I think everyone was watching ESPN yesterday and came across that information.  Just so you know it is not a statistic if it is made up of a population.

I thought Rex toned it down last year with the hiring of our new GM.  Rex is back and in top form even with defensive problems going into Green Bay.  I think this is because he no longer has a rookie quaterback and believes in MM's offense now that their in year 2, plus the addition of Decker, Johnson, and Amaro.  The Famous Jets will be fired up for this one and see Geno playing poised and in control, running game being his best friend sunday.  The Famous Jets win late in a thriller.  Wow, I just got goose pimples!

What are the odds on a team starting the season 9-1 and finishing 10-6?  :)  By I think everyone was watching ESPN yesterday and came across that information.  Just so you know it is not a statistic if it is made up of a population.

Which info are you talking about, the 9-1 or the 0-2 start? I came across that info actually from around the NFL podcast. looked it up and seen that the last team to do it was Carolina and the one before that was the giants then the patriots. It was like 2 or 3 teams in the past 15 years to do so. 

Which info are you talking about, the 9-1 or the 0-2 start? I came across that info actually from around the NFL podcast. looked it up and seen that the last team to do it was Carolina and the one before that was the giants then the patriots. It was like 2 or 3 teams in the past 15 years to do so. 

1.  The 9-1 thing was back in the mid-eighties.  I was just making the reverse statement which older Jets fan are all painfully aware of.  A poor attempt at sarcasm.  My apologies.

2.  Yes, they were talking about the 0-2 on ESPN in the morning too. 

3.  Self explanatory.

Archived