Sign in to follow this  
Sully28

Rex confirms Dee Milliner will play Sunday but WON'T Start

Makes a bit of sense, ease him into things. Get him used to the speed of the game without throwing him in there.

Makes a bit of sense, ease him into things. Get him used to the speed of the game without throwing him in there.

Or... force him back before he's ready.

Yeah, thats what I make out of this. Who wouldn't?

• Upvote 1

Is he ready and they're just being cautious and bringing him along slowly? Or are they rushing him back because gb is scary? It's a professional team with a professional medical staff so I am going to assume it's the former.

Is he ready and they're just being cautious and bringing him along slowly? Or are they rushing him back because gb is scary? It's a professional team with a professional medical staff so I am going to assume it's the former.

It makes a ton of sense to bring him along slowly, regardless of where he's at physically. At the very least, he's gonna be rusty, no reason to throw him right into the fire - especially with Allen and Walls coming off a good game. Bring him in in nickel & dime situations, see how he feels and see how he performs. 

Given the position he plays and what i have heard about the nature of High Ankle Sprains I would have preferred if they waited one or two additional weeks to bring him on.

Lets hope he is used very sparingly. Maybe just dime packages. Or he is on a pre determined snap count. We will see.

The Falcons rushed Roddy White back last year. 

"Professional" doesn't mean stupid-proof. They are the Jets. All we can do is HOPE that he's fully healed, otherwise it's going to suck if he ends up back on the shelf.

It makes a ton of sense to bring him along slowly, regardless of where he's at physically. At the very least, he's gonna be rusty, no reason to throw him right into the fire - especially with Allen and Walls coming off a good game. Bring him in in nickel & dime situations, see how he feels and see how he performs. 

My hope is that he's fully healed, but a little behind on conditioning. 

My hope is that he's fully healed, but a little behind on conditioning. 

Probably this.  He's apparently been walking bootless with no limp for a while.  There is only so much conditioning that a bike gives.  Real game, real hitting, completely different ball game.

Throw him a taste here and there...he'll be fine.

I think it's smart to ease him back in. He's been practicing all week without any setbacks so I assume his ankle isn't swelling, should be good to go but might as well ease him into it instead of throwing him out there all game long.

Dime packages could be half the snaps. I would prefer they waited until fully healed.

just sit him.  bears WR's much scarier

Then next week you will say just sit him for the Lions game and Calvin Johnson. Maybe wait until the week after and Keenan Allen or the week after that and Demayrius Thomas or the week after that and the Patriots. 

In the end, he has to come back some time. I have a feeling that if last weeks game against the Raiders was a playoff game he would have started. Jets probably held him out because he knew the Raiders were awful on Offense. The packers are a different story. Cobb and Nelson are very good. 

Bringing him back to play 20-50pct of the snaps is the prudent way of handling it. If they waited a week he would be rusty for Alshon and Marshall. 

Then next week you will say just sit him for the Lions game and Calvin Johnson. Maybe wait until the week after and Keenan Allen or the week after that and Demayrius Thomas or the week after that and the Patriots. 

In the end, he has to come back some time. I have a feeling that if last weeks game against the Raiders was a playoff game he would have started. Jets probably held him out because he knew the Raiders were awful on Offense. The packers are a different story. Cobb and Nelson are very good. 

Bringing him back to play 20-50pct of the snaps is the prudent way of handling it. If they waited a week he would be rusty for Alshon and Marshall. 

settle down.  he is practicing but on a limited basis.  too me that means he is not ready so you save him for next week

Antonio Allen will own Jordy Nelson. 

That is all. 

"Professional" doesn't mean stupid-proof. They are the Jets. All we can do is HOPE that he's fully healed, otherwise it's going to suck if he ends up back on the shelf.

Different situation...White was a star veteran and possible FA. 

There is not an athlete on the face of the earth that can be "fully healed" after 4 weeks from a high ankle sprain.

That is a nasty injury.

Prefer they just wait until week 3 and let Walls and Allen Island wreck shop. 

I like your optimism 

68be5607fef034eef7caeb1d6ee7eac7.500x263

There is not an athlete on the face of the earth that can be "fully healed" after 4 weeks from a high ankle sprain.

That is a nasty injury.

would depend on the severity.

Maybe. But Cobb vs. Wilson is where the Jets will lose this game.

No, thats where it will get interesting. Darren Walls will have the pleasure of making sure that Wilson isn't exposed yet again as a 1st round bust. 

No, thats where it will get interesting. Darren Walls will have the pleasure of making sure that Wilson isn't exposed yet again as a 1st round bust. 

we have no idea what rex will cook up.  hakim played 2 defensive reps last week, lol

I think that this is the right decision. Assuming he is healthy enough to play, and he is now within the time frame for which he was expected back, then he should be eased back into the lineup. An underrated aspect of this injury is that it prevented Milliner from building up any level of conditioning during training camp. Considering all of the teams we saw dragging ass in the Week 1, I would say bringing Milliner along slowly so he gets his wind back is a much better idea than simply throwing him out there for the whole game and getting burnt late...

I heard Rex say his ankle can't get any worse as its just about the pain threshold. If it bothers him they'll just pull him out.

I heard Rex say his ankle can't get any worse as its just about the pain threshold. If it bothers him they'll just pull him out.

thanks rex.  now everybody will accuse him of being a pussy if he don't play 45 reps

thanks rex. now everybody will accuse him of being a pussy if he don't play 45 reps

Lol, I should've not posted this...

That is a nasty injury.

Hurt Aug 10, 35 days from Sunday.  5 weeks.