Adrian Peterson indicted

Integrity28

Report: Adrian Peterson indicted, charged with reckless or negligent injury to a child

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 12, 2014, 4:40 PM EDT
adrianpetersonface.jpg?w=250AP

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has reportedly been indicted in Houston.

Fox 26 in Houston reports that Peterson was indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.

Peterson’s Houston-based lawyer, Rusty Hardin, declined to comment when contacted by FOX 26.

Peterson missed practice on Thursday and the Vikings did not explain why, although they did say he was not injured. Peterson was back at practice today, and Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that Peterson gave no indication anything was wrong and was laughing and joking at the team facility.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Peterson will now have to turn himself in to Texas authorities, which makes his status for Sunday’s game against the Patriots unclear.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what's wrong with society.  Growing up, if I messed up, I got smacked.  I grew up to be respectful of others and overall a good person (don't hold my posts here against me, I'm really not a dick lol)  But these days, a kid acts up, throws sh*t, or does other crazy behavior, if the parent even so much as tries to discipline them, they get arrested.  Basically, sometimes a child just needs a good beating to knock the stupid out of them.  I'm not talking about torture, but smacking your son or using a belt or something like that, to me, isn't cause for arrest.

Adrian Peterson’s indictment for swatting son with a switch

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 12, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
1a3cd57417dd02da656e02bd217455e8.jpg?w=2AP

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson’s indictment on reckless or negligent injury to a child stems from a case of old-school corporal punishment.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the incident in question stems from “disciplining of a son with a switch.”

For those of you unfamiliar with the Southern vernacular, a switch is a flexible tree branch used to swat a child across the backsides.

How you view that — as an act of parental discipline or as child abuse — depends largely on your age and geographic location.

We can already tell the comments on this one are going to be special.

A switch?

A branch

A flexible stick. You parents never sparked you with a switch? I had to choose which one I wanted

What the hell is a switch.

I know what a switch is, but I have literally only heard the term used in regards to beating children. 

Got the wooden spoon myself.  Checking statute of limitations now.

Bensonhurst = wooden spoon.  I can still hear the drawer opening. 

Bitch, please

Except you.  I think a lot of people here would agree you don't deserve it lol.  I'm talking in real life, not on some message board.  Everyone has an internet persona.  Mine is that I'm a dick.  Yours is that you're a fool.  It's all relative lol.

Archived