Adrian Peterson indicted

Integrity28

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what a switch is, but I have literally only heard the term used in regards to beating children. 

Bensonhurst = wooden spoon.  I can still hear the drawer opening.

Veteran of the yardstick myself, though that was just Mom. Dad didn't need "instruments" to "teach" me. Didn't physically affect me for more than whatever day/afternoon I earned my stripes, but then whether or not it does depends on the severity dished out by the parent(s). Does the skin turn really red...or really purple? Any scarring? Necessity of an ER visit? A black eye? There are some sick people out there who should not be around children, including their own.

On the other hand, I guarantee not all kids respond to "time out," and no parent looks at his infant child and says, "I plan to beat you when you're bad." Or I can't imagine so, anyway. Mrs. Sperm and I haven't partaken ourselves, and don't plan on it, but we haven't "needed" to either. I even had trouble typing "needed" there, but there are some really bad kids that only respond to one thing, and they do respond to it, until they're adult enough to behave better on their own. I don't know. 

As far as this situation, I would just like to read that Peterson didn't give a 5 year-old kid (I don't know how old his son is) a big welt or find out that his whole back/back side is totally marked up, or even scarred.

This reminds of when some american teen in Thailand was found guilty of vandalism and was sentenced to a caning (like a switch)

Prez Clinton intervened and prevented the punishment.

If it were my son I would have let them cane him.

Back in grade school here if you acted up they used to use a wooden paddle on the butt. I took a few shots and learned my lesson early. I would never complain to my parents about it because they would have just added to the punishment.

To clarify about caning I am talking about a teen here not a small child. 

This reminds of when some american teen in Thailand was found guilty of vandalism and was sentenced to a caning (like a switch)

Prez Clinton intervened and prevented the punishment.

If it were my son I would have let them cane him.

Back in grade school here if you acted up they used to use a wooden paddle on the butt. I took a few shots and learned my lesson early. I would never complain to my parents about it because they would have just added to the punishment.

To clarify about caning I am talking about a teen here not a small child. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Fay

That kid got caned. 4 instead of 6 though. 

Archived