****THE OFFICIAL UPSET SPECIAL LETS MAKE IT 2-0 JETS V. PACKERS GAME THREAD****

ZachEY

So they changed the rules to screw us.

Classic NFL.

Love the commentators defending it - "Their backs are turned. They can't turn and identify who called TO." - Really, they can't?

Exactly. And when they replayed it purposely listening for this supposed whistle before the snap, did anyone hear it? I didn't. But maybe I was still screaming.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling TO on D is inexcusable I don't care if we did stop them on the next play. But the last TO was called by Mornhinweg, nowhere near Ryan, and he's not allowed to do it.

This is bullsh*t! Coordinators have being calling TO since DAY ONE under Rex. Thats because this team dont have a ******* HEAD COACH who oversees the whole operation.

In MLB a team can protest the game under these circumstances and they might even succeed.

The refs shouldn't have alowed the TO.

But what about the inadvertent whistle? Wouldn't that have been the same result?

That said, MM had an awful sequence at end. Whats with the 3rd and 5 run before the non TD?

So if the play stands it is 31-30 with ample time left on the clock.  They are supposed to give it to the Jets just because?  Or have everybody suit up again on a Wednesday?  What's done is done.

Westoff is saying despite the rule he as ST coach has called a TO, and that refs don't look back as to who is yelling for a timeout.

Who cares what Westhoff said? NFL rules are that only the HC or a player can call a TO, neither called for one, we got wronged and it is solely the ref's responsibility.

In MLB a team can protest the game under these circumstances and they might even succeed.

The refs shouldn't have alowed the TO.

But what about the inadvertent whistle? Wouldn't that have been the same result?

That said, MM had an awful sequence at end. Whats with the 3rd and 5 run before the non TD?

I heard whistles during the game (much earlier in the game), surely coming from the stands. No calls.

And how is it on the Jets if an assistant coach calls FOR at TO, and no one else on the team listens to him but the refs DO listen? 

If time was running out, about to be a delay of game, and MM (and only MM) calls TO to avoid it, the ruling is delay of game, not a TO. But it's the Jets, and it's a game-tying TD, so replay the down.

Morningwheg cost the game.  Both times Vick on the field a waste.  The play calling before the end of the half is inexcusable.  Should never have been throwing the ball there.  You kick the FG nd go in 24-9 at half and have the ball coming out.  Then the time out at the end.  No discipline.  Pathetic.  Here comes the excuses from Rex. 

well this is from the nfl rules

Section 5 Timeouts 
CHARGED TEAM TIMEOUTS 
Article 1The Referee shall suspend play while the ball is dead and declare a charged team timeout upon the 
request for a timeout by the head coach or any player to any official. 
 Item 1: Three Timeouts AllowedA team is allowed three charged team timeouts during each half. 
Item 2: Length of Timeouts. Charged team timeouts shall be two minutes in length, unless the timeout is 
not used by television for a commercial break. Timeouts shall be 30 seconds in length when the 
designated number of television commercials have been exhausted in a quarter, if it is a second 
charged team timeout in the same dead-ball period, or when the Referee so indicates. 

so another email to the nfl complaining about their refs not knowing the rules........

Rob Ryan called a TO vs NE last year

The refs?  Are you out of your MF'ing mind?

Don't think so.  The ref called the timeout which nobody on either side heard and on the play Geno throws the tying TD.  Turns out the timeout nobody heard was called contrary to the rules.  I call that getting screwed out the game.

Rob Ryan called a TO vs NE last year

Then the refs broke the rules their as well. What's with the selective rule enforcement by the league? All of the sudden now they are adding "emphasis" to coverage rules? And for some reason that makes it okay they cost us a touchdown by going against the rules?

Sperm-this was a win this team could really use with this schedule. Understand that what ever I write here 6 days a week Im rooting for a win. And it was there. 

Except I don't believe you. You are a Jets fan, but you're a fan of being right first and foremost and a Jets fan a distant second. So if the Jets lose, it's pleasure for you because you get to feel more vindicated while you whine about Ryan for another week.

So if the play stands it is 31-30 with ample time left on the clock.  They are supposed to give it to the Jets just because?  Or have everybody suit up again on a Wednesday?  What's done is done.

Under the baseball analogy theyd play on Wednesday at 30-31 with Jets attempting a PAT. But thats a better run sport than the fiasco under Goodell.

Don't think so.  The ref called the timeout which nobody on either side heard and on the play Geno throws the tying TD.  Turns out the timeout nobody heard was called contrary to the rules.  I call that getting screwed out the game.

The video shows MM running toward Ryan motioning for a TO. The rule is  in black in white, but the reality is they allow assistants to call TOs all the time. 

Archived