The INT at the end of first half lost this game. Completely reversed momentum.

CTM

Let me understand this:

You are saying our offense spotting our defense an 18 point lead at the half isn't enough to win in today's NFL?

SAR I

why take the risk? 24-9 guaranteed if Folke hits Fg, if not 21-9,,, again, How did it work out? Throw the endzone ball after u milked clock more is my main point, dont let Rodgers do what he is best at, especially w/our secondary.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how did it work out LOL.

you just dont understand strategy, its OK, you will learn, hopefully

He understands strategy just fine. You've convinced yourself you're 100% right, but you're not. Nothing wrong with going for the TD there. Nothing. It's a good call when the defense is expecting them to do exactly what you're suggesting - run the ball.

Many disagree, which is cool, lets move on and hope for a W vs Bears.

I personally always at end of 1st half, if in lead AND am able to kill clock, will take the lead and momentum, especially if on road AND against a very good team that we are supposed to lose to. A shift  in momentum when leading all game at end of 1st half is a disaster, and yes, I get that from years of watching NFL. disaster.

why take the risk? 24-9 guaranteed if Folke hits Fg, if not 21-9,,, again, How did it work out? Throw the endzone ball after u milked clock more is my main point, dont let Rodgers do what he is best at, especially w/our secondary.

How it worked out is that in order for the Jets to beat the Packers we needed to score 32 points, and the missing 7 were right there at the end of the first half. Failing to execute is different than making a bad strategic decision.

But that's okay, we'll just differ. Next time we're up by 18 I get it, you've educated me, we'll just keep taking a knee and eventually win the game.

SAR I

He understands strategy just fine. You've convinced yourself you're 100% right, but you're not. Nothing wrong with going for the TD there. Nothing. It's a good call when the defense is expecting them to do exactly what you're suggesting - run the ball.

You are nice guy BUT so Wrong 

Apparently if we took a knee on every snap after 21-3 we'd have won the game 21-20.

SAR I

a knee? lol ok. maybe we should've gotten on the bus at halftime. you are arguing against a position no one is taking. one of the most obvious, and amusing, logical fallacies.

I was just agreeing =) I must ask however, if "Douche-Feld" and his big-for-no-reason self had somehow come down with a TD on that play would any of the naysayers be questioningthe reckless play calling in this game?

answered that earlier. I would be happy as hell but like i did at bar w/Greenbeans, said 'uh oh we threw too early, left too much time for Rodgers' , ,as it happend he scored, and it would have been even steven. .Why logic to kill clock is 100% correct

How did it work out?

We lost the game because we were too conservative in the second half, tried to kill the clock instead of doing what got us the big lead to begin with.

SAR I

5 minutes earlier would have loved that call, BUT........

How did it work out? 

How did it work out?

We lost the game because we were too conservative in the second half, tried to kill the clock instead of doing what got us the big lead to begin with.

SAR I

more nuanced than that. mccarthy, despite his reputation, actually made some smart halftime adjustments--notably ditching the 4-3 and going to the 3-4--and the jets couldn't adapt. so "doing what got us the big lead to begin with" would not have worked in the 2nd half anyway.

I know you love running around here rampant after a loss, just try to be less of a douche when you do it.

Thanks.

no thanks. did you even read my posts today? i came out in favor of rex for the first time in years. but enjoy your bushel of cherries.

answered that earlier. I would be happy as hell but like i did at bar w/Greenbeans, said 'uh oh we threw too early, left too much time for Rodgers' , ,as it happend he scored, and it would have been even steven. .Why logic to kill clock is 100% correct

You're acting as if it would've been the same situation had the Jets scored the TD there, but it wouldn't've been. The int got the crowd back into it, and fired up the Packers. A TD, and the crowd is quiet, the Packers are demoralized, and the Jets are fired up. It's a different game if they score there.

Says who? Can't have same opinion? We will say whatever the hell we want. That was uncalled for and out of line. I expect better of you.

See how cute you guys are? He can back you up without calling another poster's opinion "stupidity." That's what was out of line.

You're acting as if it would've been the same situation had the Jets scored the TD there, but it wouldn't've been. The int got the crowd back into it, and fired up the Packers. A TD, and the crowd is quiet, the Packers are demoralized, and the Jets are fired up. It's a different game if they score there.

you basically just made the case why you don't take the chance there against a demoralized, superior opponent on the road. thanks for your support. takes a big man to admit when he was wrong.

See how cute you guys are? He can back you up without calling another poster's opinion "stupidity." That's what was out of line.

yeah and calling me a douche is better? come on man. if you want to sling mud don't call foul at others down in the puddle.

you basically just made the case why you don't take the chance there against a demoralized, superior opponent on the road. thanks for your support. takes a big man to admit when he was wrong.

No, you take the chance on the road. You try to get all the points you can. Same logic used when they went for it on fourth down earlier in the game (with success). It was a good call, and if Geno didn't get hit, probably a TD.

No, you take the chance on the road. You try to get all the points you can. Same logic used when they went for it on fourth down earlier in the game (with success). It was a good call, and if Geno didn't get hit, probably a TD.

LOL, if Geno didnt get hit, ,thanks for making point AGAIN.

24-9 with momentum. difference EARLIER in game was that it wasnt end of half to not let momentum change in locker room. Like i said aggressive good, just sometimes smarter to keep momentum and leave risk at door for halftime Mo. Plus we had a virtual guarenteed FG to boot , smh

This is like taking candy from a baby :)

no problems with the shot after killing some clock and maybe forcing some GB TO's. None. it appears you think the two sides here are: try to score points or curl up into a ball. not at all. just not wise to take a chance at giving the ball back to rodgers with 2 minutes and TO's. easy to fight against the straw man of "you guys wanted us to take a knee!" but anyone who can read knows that is not what this discussion is about.

I asked nicely the first time. If your opinion is so correct, you shouldn't need to call someone else stupid to get it across. So don't do that.

and if you're right, and i am being a "douche" you shouldn't need to resort to juvenille name-calling and hiding behind the mod stick to make that point. bazinga.

LOL, if Geno didnt get hit, ,thanks for making point AGAIN.

24-9 with momentum.

This is like taking candy from a baby :)

So never throw the ball because sometimes it's picked off? Pretty sure that's the offense we didn't want around here anymore.

no problems with the shot after killing some clock and maybe forcing some GB TO's. None. it appears you think the two sides here are: try to score points or curl up into a ball. not at all. just not wise to take a chance at giving the ball back to rodgers with 2 minutes and TO's. easy to fight against the straw man of "you guys wanted us to take a knee!" but anyone who can read knows that is not what this discussion is about.

After killing some clock, the shot isn't there.  The fact that it is a surprise is the reason why some slug UDFA waiver wire pickup TE is able to get wide open way down field.  

After killing some clock, the shot isn't there.  The fact that it is a surprise is the reason why some slug UDFA waiver wire pickup TE is able to get wide open way down field.  

lol yeah i guess we are missing that part. although he was a patriot for a month so he had pixie dust sprinked on him.

5 minutes earlier would have loved that call, BUT........

How did it work out?

Okay, I get it, you're the "how did it work out" guy. Lesson learned.

Next time we have an 18 point lead let's meet in the gameday thread so I can watch you type "TAKE A KNEE!" for the rest of the game.

SAR I

Archived