is this it for Rex?

Lizard King

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the life of me I cant understand not extending Kerley right now. Hes not good enough to get tagged but he had a lot to gain by going and playing on a better passing team on a one year contract next year if the Jets decide to play lowball with him which is what it seems they are doing.

Said this around draft time. I think this has been the plan all along and that was the logic behind the Saunders pick. Draft a clone (on paper) now and give him a redshirt year to develop while the team can squeeze the last bit out of Kerley's rookie deal.

he's too loyal to his players. geno wasn't the only player on offense to play poorly, but halftime today was the time to go to vick

and in his presser he said geno starts next week

sigh

When Geno threw the interception to the safety with nobody around him I pretty much wrote him off as Sanchez 2

Problem is Idzik took this job agreeing to keep Ryan as long as Johnson wanted to keep hum. SO it doesn't appear to be his decision anyway. A few more screwups as in Green Bay and Woody might agree.

As to QB, suspect that Idzik has to either target a free agent for 2015(not sure who that would be betwqeen expiring contracts and guys getting waived for other reasons) or scour the scouting leading up to the draft-probably both. DOn't see how anyone can seriously think Smith, a 2nd rounder, is the answer. There's a reason this team can move the ball between the 20s and stalls, and that reason is Geno Smith.

As to vets/young guys; Ryan's best players are self-motivated like Bart Scott or Jim Leonhard or finished products like Revis(also a guy who prepares like a coach himself). Give him 11 guys on both sides of the ball and he's winning a championship going away. But there aren't a lot of guys like that around, may be less very year. If the players hasn't figured it out pretty obvious Rex Ryan is not going to coach him up. And still appears that he has almost nothinhg to do with the offense, which continues to be a bizarre a situation asthere is in the NFL.

Agree with all of this, but I don't think Idzik will shed a tear when Rex is walked out. Once he has his own guy in place, we'll see every penny of that cap space spent on talent. The whole franchise is in purgatory until Rex is out.

I want idzik gone too

Do you remember how hard it was for Woody Johnson to even find someone who would TAKE the job as GM of the stinking Woody Johnson owned Jets? He ain't going nowhere. Besides, who else would actually make himself look as ridiculous as Idzik has obeying Johnson's edict of not spending the cap anymore-they clearly are having a cash flow problem-what else can it be? This is 3 years in a row that the Jets left cap $ on the table with definite and glaring needs. This team is a mess and it starts at the top-with ownership. The Jets need to be put up for sale by the league. You can't have a team playing in the city where the NFL offices are being run like a Canadian Football League team-no, a USFL team from the midwest  

Do you remember how hard it was for Woody Johnson to even find someone who would TAKE the job as GM of the stinking Woody Johnson owned Jets? He ain't going nowhere. Besides, who else would actually make himself look as ridiculous as Idzik has obeying Johnson's edict of not spending the cap anymore-they clearly are having a cash flow problem-what else can it be? This is 3 years in a row that the Jets left cap $ on the table with definite and glaring needs. This team is a mess and it starts at the top-with ownership. The Jets need to be put up for sale by the league. You can't have a team playing in the city where the NFL offices are being run like a Canadian Football League team-no, a USFL team from the midwest  

There is something going on with Woody Johnson and the finances of the jets. Clearly the new stadium has not been the cash cow it was sold as, and the debt service is sky freaking high. Nothing else explains these cap issues.

The entire organization needs a high colonic.

and Terry Bradway needs to go too..you see that's the problem, and the REASON why Johnson had such a hard time filling the GM position, the guy "running" things is forced to take on whoever the owner decides will stay, never given the authority to actually run the team. If that were the case then Rex would have already been gone last year, Bradway would be gone, Bob Sutton wouldn't have been allowed to stay on as long as he wanted...all Woody Johnson moves and non-moves. This is the worst run NFL team in the league THE worst. Jerry Jones at least can MAKE a draft pick Johnson can't even do that. He knows NOTHING.

You have to allow Idzk to choose his own HC.

Preferably someone good with developing QBs.

A head coach doesn't change the lack of spending, which goes hand in hand with the holes in our team. I don't trust that sticking to players like Geno isn't in large part due to Idzik telling his subservient employee, Rex, just that.

it was hard when we had no qb, no receivers, and most importantly were in cap hell. the cap is fixed. more gm's would be willing to come since they wont be hamstrung by a horrible situation and saddled with a hc they cant fire.

A head coach doesn't change the lack of spending, which goes hand in hand with the holes in our team. I don't trust that sticking to players like Geno isn't in large part due to Idzik telling his subservient employee, Rex, just that.

Ill bet Izdk spends when Darrel Bevell is the new Jets HC. Perhaps that's the plan all along once Rex is down the road?

We know that Rex hand picked Sanchez and then went out and got tatted up rocking the 6 to prove his loyality. Rex stuck with Sanchez 4 years.

Rex is gone.  Even he knows it.  The guy is just waiting for the other shoe to fall off.  Looking at him on the

sidelines is like look at a General after half his force has been wiped out.  The more I think about it the more I think

Idzik has always known this would happen.

Ill bet Izdk spends when Darrel Bevell is the new Jets HC. Perhaps that's the plan all along once Rex is down the road?

We know that Rex hand picked Sanchez and then went out and got tatted up rocking the 6 to prove his loyality. Rex stuck with Sanchez 4 years.

That would make me despise Idzik. If he was purposely not spending in order to get that change done.

And I don't want the Jets to be Seattle 2.0. F the Seahawks. Worst name in football.

The biggest knock on rex is that he is the same guy since taking the job. He has learned nothing. He is following the highly successful sanchez development program with geno. Fake competition with illusory challenge for the job and make him de facto unbenchable. Only this time it is worse because we spent $5m to be able to say "but geno beat out a REAL qb, unlike sanchez". Vick was brought here to give pseudo credibility to geno and rex/idzik decision to start him

Rex is gone.  Even he knows it.  The guy is just waiting for the other shoe to fall off.  Looking at him on the

sidelines is like look at a General after half his force has been wiped out.  The more I think about it the more I think

Idzik has always known this would happen.

actually it would genius esp if he was told he had to keep rex per the owner.......the only way to go against the owner is have the fans turn on him now idzik can save face while also moving to be able to add his coach?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm good with the Bevell hire, however, I'm going to take this another direction. 

Jim Harbaugh's contract is about up, and the 49ers are balking at extending him until season's end. For once, I would love it if the Jets would just hire an experienced, good HEAD football coach. I think the "Idzik, Bevell, Seattle familiarity" angle is just as interesting as the idea of Idzik hiring the guy who built the Seahawks biggest rival.

Klacko neg repped me for this?

Archived