is this it for Rex?

Lizard King

and your point is what exactly? Rex is hamstrung by a bargain basement roster and somehow it's his fault when his CBs can't keep up with Rodgers, Nelson, et al ?

you put Davis, Talib, or Revis out there today and the Jets leave GB with a 'W'.

point is just that there QB is making 20 mil more than ours so the $30 mil differnce is mostly with one player , and if you swap those two players the other team wins

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, just not with the bit about personnel.

I've been bitching about Rex's sh*tshow since his first season here. I would think by now you'd know where I stand on him. My only disagreement with you is in the semantics... :D

You even agree on personnel. I started this rant about consistent lack of discipline. I forgot where you stood because I was going to iso your Rex opinions and then I just ended up continuing on with my life

The Jets would have to give him $8 mil per, and I'm skeptical that Woody would do that. If Harbaugh gets dumped by SF, he's going to go take the Michigan coaching job where he will be a golden god.

No one wants the Michigan job - Big Ten is a black hole....

I'm good with the Bevell hire, however, I'm going to take this another direction. 

Jim Harbaugh's contract is about up, and the 49ers are balking at extending him until season's end. For once, I would love it if the Jets would just hire an experienced, good HEAD football coach. I think the "Idzik, Bevell, Seattle familiarity" angle is just as interesting as the idea of Idzik hiring the guy who built the Seahawks biggest rival.

I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game tonight.

You even agree on personnel. I started this rant about consistent lack of discipline. I forgot where you stood because I was going to iso your Rex opinions and then I just ended up continuing on with my life

Pretty sure it doesn't ******* matter. We lost. Rex sucks. We can rebuild the team 100x over, and every time the results are the same because the coach is the same. 

This is why I play fantasy sports, because by week 3 I've got nothing else.

OH COME ON

this is WEEK TWO

rex has another 14 weeks to disappoint us before losing his job lol    i'll miss his attitude though when he's gone.

Rex is the perfect coach for what we are right now- a rebuilding project. The players love playing for him, free agents want to come here, youngsters respond to him. His lack of discipline and complete lack of understanding of offensive football can't hurt us right now when expectations are low.

Rex gets fired just as he's gotten us to the point where we can contend for a division title.

SAR I

Rex is the perfect coach for what we are right now- a rebuilding project. The players love playing for him, free agents want to come here, youngsters respond to him. His lack of discipline and complete lack of understanding of offensive football can't hurt us right now when expectations are low.

Rex gets fired just as he's gotten us to the point where we can contend for a division title.

SAR I

yeah, only because Tom Brady is reaching retirement age 

yeah, only because Tom Brady is reaching retirement age

Could be because of that milestone, could be because we've found our franchise quarterback. Either way, as soon as we're ready to make a serious run, Rex is out. He's serving his purpose right now when we're a .500 club.

SAR I

Could be because of that milestone, could be because we've found our franchise quarterback. Either way, as soon as we're ready to make a serious run, Rex is out. He's serving his purpose right now when we're a .500 club.

SAR I

Geno without a Rex defense is an ugly thought.  Sorry man....but it's true!

SAR I

I think that's probably it. As soon as the majority of rebuilding is out of the way, maybe by end of this year, Rex is probably gone. A lot easier to get a good coach in after you rebuilt the team.

Idk , I tend to agree with Tom on this, with this owner I think Rex is here until he no longer wants to be, there's probably a decent chance something goes down and Idzik is gone before Rex

Schotty got the axe. Tanny got the axe. Tony got the axe. Sanchez got the axe.

Rex is the last guy standing with nobody else to blame. If Bevell or another qualified HC candidate becomes available Idzk has to make the move and take the franchise in another direction or his job is next.

this Jets squad is low talent. It is actually the cheapest team in the league, in terms of real cash spend for 2014. the texans were number one until they extended JJ Watt

A team with an 80 million dollar payroll should lose to a team with 110 million dollar pay roll. 

The fact that this game was even competitive was because of Rex.

this Jets squad is low talent. It is actually the cheapest team in the league, in terms of real cash spend for 2014. the texans were number one until they extended JJ Watt

A team with an 80 million dollar payroll should lose to a team with 110 million dollar pay roll. 

I agree. This terrible roster makes it really tough to evaluate the coaching on this team. I'm to the point where I feel everyone in the organization should be let go in order to bring in proven winners.

I think the lack of discipline is going to do him in, IMHO. Penalties and bad decision making.

Yeah I know this will be viewed as an overreacting post but I think I've calmed down a good bit.

Ya if playoffs missed, that is ez kill shot.

12 men negate gamechanging INT. There is no timeclock in getting off field u lazy dumbass players, CAUSE the QB can quick count.. Thats all on Rex, teaching no timeclock in getting off field!!

I agree. This terrible roster makes it really tough to evaluate the coaching on this team. I'm to the point where I feel everyone in the organization should be let go in order to bring in proven winners.

I'm definitely an ardent Rex supporter, but we've been saying this stuff for a while.  Rex is very good at taking 6-win talent and winning 8 or 9 games.  But today was a day where we could have made the jump from looking like an 8-win team to an 11-win team, and we failed.  We got strong QB play and scored TD's on the first three drives and still lost.  I've been saying for years that if we could just find a QB we'd be a Super Bowl contender.  Well, we got the QB play.  Geno looked real good for most of the game.  But the W wasn't there.

This is a game Rex NEEDED to be on point to win and take that next leap as a coach.  It's winning those regular season games that you're not supposed to win that get you home playoff games.  The fact is we were out of timeouts with over 5 minutes left in this contest, which is just plain unacceptable out of a 6th year HC.

There's still time left in this season but yesterday was bad and probably moved Idzik closer to wanting to bring in his own guy than giving Rex any more chances. 

12 men negate gamechanging INT. There is no timeclock in getting off field u lazy dumbass players, CAUSE the QB can quick count.. Thats all on Rex, teaching no timeclock in getting off field!!

Rex should have saved a TO so he could punt on 4th and 8 and pin GB in their end zone with almost 4 minutes left.

He would had 2 TOs including the 2 min warning.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm.  

to add on, the Jets most expensive player this year is Eric Decker, and they lost him too during the game.  By the end it was Salas, Nelson and Kerley. Not exactly the most dangerous corp. 

that 12 man penalty was by the skin of their teeth. Like the Jets defenders had one foot on the sideline when the ball was snapped. The refs called this extremely tightly, in favor of the home team. 

What if the coaching is making the roster look worse than it is?

I know David Nelson well. No one is holding him back.

Where I agree with you though is at QB and a few other positions. I do think there is something to be said for those guys being held back by coaching.

Schotty got the axe. Tanny got the axe. Tony got the axe. Sanchez got the axe.

Rex is the last guy standing with nobody else to blame. If Bevell or another qualified HC candidate becomes available Idzk has to make the move and take the franchise in another direction or his job is next.

agreed across the board in a normal structure but Rex works for woody not idzik

I'm definitely an ardent Rex supporter, but we've been saying this stuff for a while.  Rex is very good at taking 6-win talent and winning 8 or 9 games.  But today was a day where we could have made the jump from looking like an 8-win team to an 11-win team, and we failed.  We got strong QB play and scored TD's on the first three drives and still lost.  I've been saying for years that if we could just find a QB we'd be a Super Bowl contender.  Well, we got the QB play.  Geno looked real good for most of the game.  But the W wasn't there.

This is a game Rex NEEDED to be on point to win and take that next leap as a coach.  It's winning those regular season games that you're not supposed to win that get you home playoff games.  The fact is we were out of timeouts with over 5 minutes left in this contest, which is just plain unacceptable out of a 6th year HC.

There's still time left in this season but yesterday was bad and probably moved Idzik closer to wanting to bring in his own guy than giving Rex any more chances. 

If Geno could complete a pass in the 2nd half, the Jets win that game and hold off Green Bay.  He couldnt.  And thats why the Jets lost.  That isnt Rex's fault.  Thats ridiculous.  You cant go on the road and put up 3 points over the last 40 minutes of the game vs. the best QB in the league and expect to win.

What we learned yesterday, is the Jets can play with any team in the league.  If they can play 4 quarters of Football, the Jets can beat anyone in the league.  Its week 2, they're 1-1.  Plenty of time to put it all together and get 4 quarters out of his team.  They're young but they're getting better.  Everyone knew this could be a season the Jets are a better Football team but it doesnt translate into Wins.  Yesterday was an example of that.  They played a much better team, vs. a QB in a venue that he doesnt lose at and had them up against the ropes.  It was a disappointing loss because of the way the game started but I thought overall, it was encouraging.  If Geno doesnt go cold the Jets win.  It was only a matter of time before the secondary started showing its true colors and Rodgers is the perfect QB to expose them.  He did and the Jets couldnt answer.  

Calling for Rex's head because of this loss is ridiculous. 

Archived