is this it for Rex?

Lizard King

You're giving Rodgers too much credit. Geno played pretty well yesterday...going up 21-3 that's on Rex to figure out a way to win that game. We blew it. His defense needs to force a turnover, stop burning timeouts for no reason, stop letting Sheldon assistant coach and tell him to worry about getting to the QB, stop with the Vick plays, if Johnson sucks yank his ass. Just too much crap this team does that doesnt relate to winning. 

Ivory is a tank and gets 13 carries in a game we have a double digit lead in. Inexcusable. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem was not Rex.  The problem is the cornerback situation.  I'm not happy with what we put on the field.  Milliner was definitely not ready to come back.  Jordy Nelson burned him.  Don't get me wrong Jordy Nelson is a good receiver but he is not megatron.  The guy shouldn't be catching 200+ yards in a game.  

All in all it will be a different story at home against the Bears.  I think we win that one.  But a win against Green Bay wouldve made us a playoff team.  I'm not so sure now.  

The problem was not Rex.  The problem is the cornerback situation.  I'm not happy with what we put on the field.  Milliner was definitely not ready to come back.  Jordy Nelson burned him.  Don't get me wrong Jordy Nelson is a good receiver but he is not megatron.  The guy shouldn't be catching 200+ yards in a game.  

All in all it will be a different story at home against the Bears.  I think we win that one.  But a win against Green Bay wouldve made us a playoff team.  I'm not so sure now.  

Nelson is a beast. That catch he had on the sideline on Walls was absurd.

You're giving Rodgers too much credit. Geno played pretty well yesterday...going up 21-3 that's on Rex to figure out a way to win that game. We blew it. His defense needs to force a turnover, stop burning timeouts for no reason, stop letting Sheldon assistant coach and tell him to worry about getting to the QB, stop with the Vick plays, if Johnson sucks yank his ass. Just too much crap this team does that doesnt relate to winning. 

Ivory is a tank and gets 13 carries in a game we have a double digit lead in. Inexcusable. 

Geno was terrible in the 2nd half, he couldnt hit sh*t.  Rodgers was on fire.  If Geno played anything like he did before the pick, the Jets win.  Its really that simple.  I dont care what the score was, you cant go 40 minutes with only scoring 3 points on the road vs. Rodgers.  

The only knock I have on the coaching staff was sticking with CJ.  It was clear from his first couple of carries, that he didnt have it yesterday.  Ivory and Powell were running twice as hard. 

Geno was terrible in the 2nd half, he couldnt hit sh*t. Rodgers was on fire. If Geno played anything like he did before the pick, the Jets win. Its really that simple. I dont care what the score was, you cant go 40 minutes with only scoring 3 points on the road vs. Rodgers.

The only knock I have on the coaching staff was sticking with CJ. It was clear from his first couple of carries, that he didnt have it yesterday. Ivory and Powell were running twice as hard.

You know when JiF is typing with his a$$hole when he says, "it's really that simple."

Geno was terrible in the 2nd half, he couldnt hit sh*t. Rodgers was on fire. If Geno played anything like he did before the pick, the Jets win. Its really that simple. I dont care what the score was, you cant go 40 minutes with only scoring 3 points on the road vs. Rodgers.

The only knock I have on the coaching staff was sticking with CJ. It was clear from his first couple of carries, that he didnt have it yesterday. Ivory and Powell were running twice as hard.

Except when he burned Green Bay for a game tying touchdown when it counted on 4th and 8 with 4 minutes left, but that semi-retarded assistant coach that Philly couldn't get rid of fast enough called time out because he felt like he could.

Geno was terrible in the 2nd half, he couldnt hit sh*t.  Rodgers was on fire.  If Geno played anything like he did before the pick, the Jets win.  Its really that simple.  I dont care what the score was, you cant go 40 minutes with only scoring 3 points on the road vs. Rodgers.  

The only knock I have on the coaching staff was sticking with CJ.  It was clear from his first couple of carries, that he didnt have it yesterday.  Ivory and Powell were running twice as hard. 

Yes Geno was not as good as in the first half.  Can't blame him cause the running game was a non factor and the Packers were seating on pass on third and long almost the entire game since we can only rush for 3 yards on two down yesterday.  He did pretty good if you ask me considering the crowd and going against hostile refs. 

I love Rex and I believe he had been our best coach in a long time and believe he is the right coach for the Jets BUT THAT 95 YARDS TD WITH LESS THAN TWO MINUTES WAS A DISGRACE.  That drive broke the morale of the team.  Had the defense hold them there at least to a FG, the game would had a different outcome.

Except when he burned Green Bay for a game tying touchdown when it counted on 4th and 8 with 4 minutes left, but that semi-retarded assistant coach that Philly couldn't get rid of fast enough called time out because he felt like he could.

Yeah, that drive he finally completed a couple of passes.  That particular play was a little bit of a prayer...but didnt he go like 0-7 at one point before that drive?  And I'm pretty sure he followed up that play with two terrible passes, one missing a wide open Kerley that should have been an easy completion to extend the drive.

What we learned yesterday, is the Jets can play with any team in the league.

That's not good enough.  When the wins are there for the taking you have to snatch them up in this league.  Rodgers figured out our defense and Dom Capers figured out our offense from the 4th possession on.  We could have taken it to the Packers and looked like a contender for the AFC East.  Instead we took a step back and let the Bills take over first place. 

It's early in the season, I get that.  But we knew Rex's leash was short heading in and he needed this one.

Yes Geno was not as good as in the first half.  Can't blame him cause the running game was a non factor and the Packers were seating on pass on third and long almost the entire game since we can only rush for 3 yards on two down yesterday.  He did pretty good if you ask me considering the crowd and going against hostile refs. 

I love Rex and I believe he had been our best coach in a long time and believe he is the right coach for the Jets BUT THAT 95 YARDS TD WITH LESS THAN TWO MINUTES WAS A DISGRACE.  That drive broke the morale of the team.  Had the defense hold them there at least to a FG, the game would had a different outcome.

It was the tale of 2 halves.  Geno first half, looked like a franchise QB.  Geno second half, looked rattled.  I dont think the running game was limiting Geno.  It wasnt there in the first half either and he looked great.

I dont blame Rex for Aaron Rodgers being Aaron Rodgers.  And I dont blame Rex for Jason Babin giving them an extra 15 yards on that drive either. 

That's not good enough. When the wins are there for the taking you have to snatch them up in this league. Rodgers figured out our defense and Dom Capers figured out our offense from the 4th possession on. We could have taken it to the Packers and looked like a contender for the AFC East. Instead we took a step back and let the Bills take over first place.

It's early in the season, I get that. But we knew Rex's leash was short heading in and he needed this one.

i totally agree, the " we can play with anybody " stuff is fools gold of the highest level..26 or 28 teams in the league can play with anybody, the difference between 5-11 and 11-5 is sometimes 10 plays ....we lost a game we should have won period.

It was the tale of 2 halves.  Geno first half, looked like a franchise QB.  Geno second half, looked rattled.  I dont think the running game was limiting Geno.  It wasnt there in the first half either and he looked great.

I dont blame Rex for Aaron Rodgers being Aaron Rodgers.  And I dont blame Rex for Jason Babin giving them an extra 15 yards on that drive either. 

I blame Rex for you being a fool.

That's not good enough.  When the wins are there for the taking you have to snatch them up in this league.  Rodgers figured out our defense and Dom Capers figured out our offense from the 4th possession on.  We could have taken it to the Packers and looked like a contender for the AFC East.  Instead we took a step back and let the Bills take over first place. 

It's early in the season, I get that.  But we knew Rex's leash was short heading in and he needed this one.

The leash didnt get shorter because of yesterday.  This wasnt on Rex.  

It was the tale of 2 halves.  Geno first half, looked like a franchise QB.  Geno second half, looked rattled. 

Except he led us to a game-tying FG and then led us to what SHOULD have been a game-tying TD to Kerley.  Dom Capers certainly made great adjustments and Geno's play dropped off substantially from those first three possessions.  But he was hugely responsible for putting up 24 pts and what should have been 31.  That's good enough to win in most cases and is a HUGE departure from the QB play we've gotten in the past.

Again, as I mentioned in another thread, Geno was not even close to one of our top 5 problems on Sunday.  You and I have both been saying "Just give Rex an average QB" for a long time.  Well these first two weeks of the season have given us reasons to say we might just have that. 

Again, as I mentioned in another thread, Geno was not even close to one of our top 5 problems on Sunday.  You and I have both been saying "Just give Rex an average QB" for a long time.  Well these first two weeks of the season have given us reasons to say we might just have that. 

We are Jets fans focused solely on the Jets. But that was a tough spot for any team. Going into Lambeau, them coming off of 10 days of rest and a spanking on national TV. They could very well be a good team this year but even good teams lose that game more often than not. 

We are Jets fans focused solely on the Jets. But that was a tough spot for any team. Going into Lambeau, them coming off of 10 days of rest and a spanking on national TV. They could very well be a good team this year but even good teams lose that game more often than not. 

I don't care if you are playing the North Korean national team at Camp 22. The Jets left an INT on Green Bay's 10 on the table and 7 off the board at the end because of disorganization and stupidity. Enough with the narratives and grand overall claims on the themes of football that exist in the universe. That bullsh*t is on human error, 100% on coaching.

I don't care if you are playing the North Korean national team at Camp 22. The Jets left an INT on Green Bay's 10 on the table and 7 off the board at the end because of disorganization and stupidity. Enough with the narratives and grand overall claims on the themes of football that exist in the universe. That bullsh*t is on human error, 100% on coaching.

The Jets stink.

Yeah, bingo.  Bitonti seems to find mediocrity acceptable.  That's what we are, mediocre.  1-1.  Average.  An elite team wins that game yesterday.  It's not like we were playing in the middle of a blizzard, it looked like a beautiful summer day out there.  We've won tougher road games in the past under Rex. 

Personally, I didn't expect a victory going in either.  But when it's there for the taking, the great teams take it.  This should have been a W, period.

Except he led us to a game-tying FG and then led us to what SHOULD have been a game-tying TD to Kerley.  Dom Capers certainly made great adjustments and Geno's play dropped off substantially from those first three possessions.  But he was hugely responsible for putting up 24 pts and what should have been 31.  That's good enough to win in most cases and is a HUGE departure from the QB play we've gotten in the past.

I disagree.  If you go 4-12 or whatever he was in the 2nd half, missing wide open WR's, you're part of the problem.  You cant just sit there and take blows because you won the first couple of rounds on the scorecard and then just play defense vs. one of the best punchers in the business.  You have to punch back.  The Jets couldnt in the 2nd half.  If they could, they would have won.

Well if its not on Rex, and its not on Geno (as I just proved), then I guess its on EY.  Terrible captain choice.

Agreed

The Packers weren't committed at stopping the run anymore as it was the case at the beginning of the game when we were "suppose" to run all over them.  They were seating on the pass, every single time on third and long. 

Jif, I like Rex as a coach and believe he is our guy but stop nitpicking, 95 yards in less than 2 minutes to end the half WAS THE KILLER WHALE BY TWO in that game.

I disagree.  If you go 4-12 or whatever he was in the 2nd half, missing wide open WR's, you're part of the problem.  You cant just sit there and take blows because you won the first couple of rounds on the scorecard and then just play defense vs. one of the best punchers in the business.  You have to punch back.  The Jets couldnt in the 2nd half.  If they could, they would have won.

One could argue that Dom Capers made the adjustments and we didn't.  For once I'd love to play a complete 60 minutes of football, or close to it.  I'm not calling for Rex's head but he hurt his case more than helped it.  Again, ending up with 0 timeouts with over 5 minutes left to play is completely unacceptable for a 6th year HC no matter how you splice it.  I just don't know if he has it in him to improve in that part of the game.

Yeah, bingo.  Bitonti seems to find mediocrity acceptable.  That's what we are, mediocre.  1-1.  Average.  An elite team wins that game yesterday.  It's not like we were playing in the middle of a blizzard, it looked like a beautiful summer day out there.  We've won tougher road games in the past under Rex. 

Personally, I didn't expect a victory going in either.  But when it's there for the taking, the great teams take it.  This should have been a W, period.

The Jets pass rush completely dissolved against one of the worst OLs in the league. After playing Wilkerson at CB against Jordy Nelson, he got ejected and taunted the entire stadium on his way out. They then took a 294 pound DT who was dominating the interior for the entire 1st half, took his hand out of the dirt, and moved him to OLB because of course. Those are human decisions made on a field, not the lord's will.

The Jets pass rush completely dissolved against one of the worst OLs in the league. After playing Wilkerson at CB against Jordy Nelson, he got ejected and taunted the entire stadium on his way out. They then took a 294 pound DT who was dominating the interior for the entire 1st half, took his hand out of the dirt, and moved him to OLB because of course. Those are human decisions made on a field, not the lord's will.

Yeah, it was completely bizarre, and most certainly not a "sh*t happens" deal for the most part.  Ronaldo nailing that cross in the WC was an example of a "OK he's really good" moment.  Rodgers hooking up with Nelson and Cobb over and over fall into that category as well.  But the rest of it can't really fall on anyone BUT Rex.

If we have another .500 season with yet another year where the losses look like this, then yes. It's his 6th year. You don't get to miss the playoffs 4 years in a row while making this many mistakes week in and week out.

Then again, Woody Johnson owns this team, so who the **** knows.

Woody is still deeply and madly in love with Rex Ryan. An 8-8 saves his job. 

Yeah, it was completely bizarre, and most certainly not a "sh*t happens" deal for the most part.  Ronaldo nailing that cross in the WC was an example of a "OK he's really good" moment.  Rodgers hooking up with Nelson and Cobb over and over fall into that category as well.  But the rest of it can't really fall on anyone BUT Rex.

There are many things you can say about that loss, that the Jets simply just got outplayed by a better team is certainly not one of them. 

And for what it's worth re: home field advantage, the Jets took the crowd out of the game very early. sh*t went silent after the first fumble and I can tell you right now that it did not get loud again in that stadium until the Packers took the lead.

Actually, that is the home field.  Noise and a young team equal miscues and difficulty with clock management.  Expect the same things in Denver and Seattle.  I saw it happen to Green Bay there last week. 

It seems like every year there is some problem to undermine the team, I think Rex is a great player's coach and that our problems this year for the most part are out of his control... Aside from the lack of discipline. If we make the playoffs his job is safe. If we don't make the playoffs and are 9-7 or better I think he's safe. If we go 8-8 or 7-9 it'll be tough to say, but he's most likely gone. If we're sub 7-9 I think there's no question.

Actually, that is the home field.  Noise and a young team equal miscues and difficulty with clock management.  Expect the same things in Denver and Seattle.  I saw it happen to Green Bay there last week. 

There was no noise in that stadium after the first fumble. The Jets took the crowd out of the game that quickly. Stadium was dead quiet for a lot of the stuff that went on yesterday, honestly did not get loud again until the Packers pulled ahead.

All in all it will be a different story at home against the Bears.  I think we win that one.  

You do realize that the Bears just kicked the 49ers ass IN San Francisco, right?

Cutler and Marshall had a field day.

What's to stop them from doing the same thing against the Jets?

There was no noise in that stadium after the first fumble. The Jets took the crowd out of the game that quickly. Stadium was dead quiet for a lot of the stuff that went on yesterday, honestly did not get loud again until the Packers pulled ahead.

I would disagree, but that is irrelevant. 

BOTH of the plays in question - the TO/TD and the INT/12 men on the field happened with the Pack up 31-24.

Archived