You do realize that the Bears just kicked the 49ers ass IN San Francisco, right?

Cutler and Marshall had a field day.

What's to stop them from doing the same thing against the Jets?

That's a lot of travel in a 7 day span. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the lack of discipline is going to do him in, IMHO. Penalties and bad decision making. Yeah I know this will be viewed as an overreacting post but I think I've calmed down a good bit.

The Jets fell to the Packers in their home opener by 7. Only a terrible coach could be to blame for such a thing! LOL !!!

If you look at just the score it would seem that way. Those who watched them piss away a 21-3 lead know that the coaching was very culpable for the break down.

You do realize that the Bears just kicked the 49ers ass IN San Francisco, right?

Cutler and Marshall had a field day.

What's to stop them from doing the same thing against the Jets?

I do realiZe this but this is the NFL and every game is different. Bears got their ass handed to them in their home opener in Chicago so you take it week by week and one great week doesn't make your team who it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooled off not just a little bit but a lot since last night and even though i haven´t been able to watch the game again, i would like to share a few thoughts.

Nobody thought we would win before the game, had hopes yes, but really beleived? BUT as JF80 and others said. After a start like that, amazing, and 21-3, we had the game in our hands. There and then you have to be smart. That pass instead of a run was inexcusable and that is all on Marty. 

After their FGs and that TD before half really set the tone. We were going down, or at  least it felt like that. But it took some serious and goddamn irritating mistakes to loose it in the end. 

The int by Harris that was flagged 

All burned TO´s

The biggest mistake of the Marty era, the TO on the TD

I get that loosing Mo and Decker was big and unfortunate, but the team has to step up and play for the colors and fans in that moment. Instead we saw bad playcalling, no confidence on O and a lousy secondary.

This was a monumental ****up from all parties. What they have to do is to learn from it, grow some balls and execute for 60 minutes next time. The season has only just started but if this continues throughout the year, then Rex has to go.

I really hope this was a lesson that will stick and they will show up and kick some ass next week!

Oh, forgot to add a few things.. Marty has a tendency to throw a lot of interesting plays in the beginning of games, be successful and then half way in, be as creative as our last OC.. If Jetnation can interview him, it would be interesting to hear what he has to say about it. Where was the screens? The running game? 

Why not use Cumby more? The guy can catch and is way better than Sudfeld for instance. He showed it yesterday.

Oh, forgot to add a few things.. Marty has a tendency to throw a lot of interesting plays in the beginning of games, be successful and then half way in, be as creative as our last OC.. If Jetnation can interview him, it would be interesting to hear what he has to say about it. Where was the screens? The running game? 

Why not use Cumby more? The guy can catch and is way better than Sudfeld for instance. He showed it yesterday.

I like MM and what he has done for Jets offense, but he can be odd at times.

Ever wonder why he was one of only 1 or 2 coaches Andy didnt bring with him to KC?

I like MM and what he has done for Jets offense, but he can be odd at times.

Ever wonder why he was one of only 1 or 2 coaches Andy didnt bring with him to KC?

Yes I agree, mostly I like MM. He is by far the best OC i´ve seen in the Jets. What I don´t like is his tendency to get conservative as the game progresses. 

I guess you have a point but on the other hand, for us it was a major upgrade, Andy was in another situation.

We will see what happens. I do hope that Rex go hard on disipline this week and make it crystal clear that it´s enough now. All in or GTFO.

Yes I agree, mostly I like MM. He is by far the best OC i´ve seen in the Jets. What I don´t like is his tendency to get conservative as the game progresses. 

I guess you have a point but on the other hand, for us it was a major upgrade, Andy was in another situation.

We will see what happens. I do hope that Rex go hard on disipline this week and make it crystal clear that it´s enough now. All in or GTFO.

Rex been here awhile, we have to start to face facts we may have a bunch of idiot turds. I mean what player at High School level doesnt know when you run off field you dont look at play clock but at QB cause QB can quick count snap you into a 12 man on field penalty.

Plus the punching etc..thats street crap, but professionals in a business which means u suck up pride for betterment of organization etc.

Rex been here awhile, we have to start to face facts we may have a bunch of idiot turds. I mean what player at High School level doesnt know when you run off field you dont look at play clock but at QB cause QB can quick count snap you into a 12 man on field penalty.

Plus the punching etc..thats street crap, but professionals in a business which means u suck up pride for betterment of organization etc.

That´s the point. He has no choice anymore. A boss should be good guy and bad ass when needed. It is now needed. 

I will give Mo the benefit of doubt this time but is was a clown ass move. 

I wanted Rex out after last season but was just beginning to change my mind before yesterday. Let´s see how the season pans out. No doubt he is on the clock. 

Philly and LeSean McCoy were wondering the same thing. LeSean McCoy!

Philly and LeSean McCoy were wondering the same thing. LeSean McCoy!

agree 100%, last series b4 halftime was the perfect time to milk clock and throw uninterceptable screens/dumpoffs to Chris Johnson SINCE last 4 years he has led NFL in YAC after catch for RBs.  u want endzone throw, fine, do it after clock milked a bit so IF picked GB has 30 seconds or less to score.

I think the lack of discipline is going to do him in, IMHO. Penalties and bad decision making.

Yeah I know this will be viewed as an overreacting post but I think I've calmed down a good bit.

Overreacting?

I've been saying this for 4 years.

As a head coach, you can't always be the players friend.

Stupid penalties, blown timeouts, substitution screw-ups, communications mix-ups ... This team has been undisciplined from the moment he got here.

I mean the guy made Santonio Holmes a captain for Christsakes ... 'nuff said.

Saw his PC, he looked like a beaten man...

Yeah, he's really good at appealing to emotion in those press conferences. 

"Oh, my team fell apart, let me look like a wrung out sob story. So they empathize with me, instead of blame me."

"Oh, we haven't done anything, let me talk a bunch of macho bullsh*t. People will love it."

He's a snake oil salesman.

Ok so let's review. The Jets have the lowest spend in the entire league. They have no franchise QB and 20+ mil in cap space. 

Let's be honest. Good candidates aren't lining up around the corner for this job.  in fact anytime they win a game (or even keep it close, like in GB) it's another good item on Rex's resume. Believe it or not the team is outperforming the talent on the roster. Pretty much every other team in the league has more talent. 

the fact of the matter Rex is one of the only notable parts of this team. I have way more faith in the HC than the GM or the owner.  

Did you see the Idzik hiring process? Is that what you guys want? Woody hiring a consultant to find a mediocre coach? Just like he found a mediocre GM? Or better yet Idzik finding the Dimitri Patterson of coaches?

Bill Cowher is not going to coach the NY Jets. Whenever Rex leaves this team, the next coach is going to be worse. 

• Upvote 1

Rex's biggest problem as a HC is that he has no situational awareness whatsoever on game day.

• Upvote 1

Ok so let's review. The Jets have the lowest spend in the entire league. They have no franchise QB and 20+ mil in cap space. 

Let's be honest. Good candidates aren't lining up around the corner for this job.  in fact anytime they win a game (or even keep it close, like in GB) it's another good item on Rex's resume. Believe it or not the team is outperforming the talent on the roster. Pretty much every other team in the league has more talent. 

the fact of the matter Rex is one of the only notable parts of this team. I have way more faith in the HC than the GM or the owner.  

Did you see the Idzik hiring process? Is that what you guys want? Woody hiring a consultant to find a mediocre coach? Just like he found a mediocre GM? Or better yet Idzik finding the Dimitri Patterson of coaches?

Bill Cowher is not going to coach the NY Jets. Whenever Rex leaves this team, the next coach is going to be worse. 

Rex is to the Jets as Dalton is to the Bengals.

It boils down to what is the alternative?  So you keep/retain him.

Ok so let's review. The Jets have the lowest spend in the entire league. They have no franchise QB and 20+ mil in cap space.

Let's be honest. Good candidates aren't lining up around the corner for this job. in fact anytime they win a game (or even keep it close, like in GB) it's another good item on Rex's resume. Believe it or not the team is outperforming the talent on the roster. Pretty much every other team in the league has more talent.

The Bitonti Herm Defense never rests

• Upvote 1

+1 great posts as always franchise is doomed without Rex

Thats *a* problem, but far from his biggest problem. He's simply not qualified to be a leader.

Anyone who hasn't read Collision Low Crossers needs to. This is 100% the case and it really looks like all of the sh*t outlined by Dawidoff is still going on. Particularly the disconnect with his coordinators.

Ok so let's review. The Jets have the lowest spend in the entire league. They have no franchise QB and 20+ mil in cap space.

Let's be honest. Good candidates aren't lining up around the corner for this job. in fact anytime they win a game (or even keep it close, like in GB) it's another good item on Rex's resume. Believe it or not the team is outperforming the talent on the roster. Pretty much every other team in the league has more talent.

Is it ever Rex's fault?

Does Woody being an incompetent clown absolve Rex from being oblivious?

Can Idzik draft one God damn offensive lineman that doesn't suck?

Thats *a* problem, but far from his biggest problem. He's simply not qualified to be a leader.

It's not "a" problem, it's multiple problems on game day:

Too many men on the field, not enough men on the field, late substitution of players, getting plays in late, delay of game penalties, pathetic use of TO's, poor clock management and questionable use of challenges.

That lack of discipline on game day by the HC translates directly to the players on field.

That's why a "players coach" rarely succeeds in the NFL.

• Upvote 1