Lizard King

Like Rex, it has been a steady decline

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2013/17/DQBR/

Well, in 2013 they were 23rd. So much for that

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2012/17/DQBR/

2012 they were 9th. So much for that

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/stats/2011/17/DQBR/

2011 they were 3rd

Its a combined stat that I was referring to, but yeah, I agree...Rex sucks.  He's just been fortunate enough to have really deep, talented rosters. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex sucks...but this a little bit misleading.  I'm pretty sure there's a stat out there that since Rex took over the Jets, no team has held QB's to a lower QBR than the Jets.  That includes some of the best QB's in the league.  

Rex sucks and so does his defensive scheme, so dont get me wrong here...but sometimes its nice to give the credit to the players overcoming the adversity they face in their Head Coach.

I love Rex, love him, but I don' think your current stance of being incredibly over the top sarcastic is serving its purpose here. Rex is flawed, he is also a good defensive guy.

Most HC's are flawed in some way.

The challenge with Rex is he brings out more emotion in fans than others, both good and bad emotional responses. If you like his personality, and his methods, you probably way overrate him.

If you dislike his personality and his methods, you probably way underrate him.

Truth is, I love him, feel like he is a Jets fan who happens to be a good coach. If I take my personal feelings for him out, I thin he is an average to slightly above average HC. His defense is always good enough to have a solid record and will never have a Kotite or Herm like embarassment. I also think his flaws may prevent him from ever being a true powerhouse

I love Rex, love him, but I don' think your current stance of being incredibly over the top sarcastic is serving its purpose here. Rex is flawed, he is also a good defensive guy.

Most HC's are flawed in some way.

The challenge with Rex is he brings out more emotion in fans than others, both good and bad emotional responses. If you like his personality, and his methods, you probably way overrate him.

If you dislike his personality and his methods, you probably way underrate him.

Truth is, I love him, feel like he is a Jets fan who happens to be a good coach. If I take my personal feelings for him out, I thin he is an average to slightly above average HC. His defense is always good enough to have a solid record and will never have a Kotite or Herm like embarassment. I also think his flaws may prevent him from ever being a true powerhouse

I'm not even being sarcastic though.  I used to really love him, probably his biggest fan but I've changed my stance.  He's a huge piece of sh*t and the Jets literally cant do worse.   Completely overrated as this "defensive guru".  Its completely unwarranted.  Guy is a waste of space, really. 

I'm not even being sarcastic though.  I used to really love him, probably his biggest fan but I've changed my stance.  He's a huge piece of sh*t and the Jets literally cant do worse.   Completely overrated as this "defensive guru".  Its completely unwarranted.  Guy is a waste of space, really. 

Your becoming a troll,  I thought you were better than that.

Either that is sarcasm dripping from your chin, or some other fluid.

Your becoming a troll,  I thought you were better than that.

Either that is sarcasm dripping from your chin, or some other fluid.

I'm really not though.  I've just changed my mind.

I loved Mangini at first.  I used to have something in my sig back in the day that was like "In Tangini we Trust" or something like that.  Couple of years later and I was ready to promote Brian Schottenheimer of all coaches and strangle Tanny.

No different here with Rex.  He's terrible and I was blinded by his charismatic fan like personality. 

To be fair,every statistical analysis so far anyway seems to show turnovers are in fact random. Players can be stripped, but it's as likely over the couse of a season a ball carrier simply drops the ball, QB makes a bad pass or it's tipped. No real rhyme or reason to it. In fact, Bill Barnwell did a breakdown of the 2013 Jets and found 2 very odd statisitcal things things; the point differential was more likely to correspond to a 5-6 win team while at the same time the Jets were historically unlucky when it comes to recovering turnovers.

Turnovers are not random. Fumble recoveries are random.

To be fair,every statistical analysis so far anyway seems to show turnovers are in fact random. Players can be stripped, but it's as likely over the couse of a season a ball carrier simply drops the ball, QB makes a bad pass or it's tipped. No real rhyme or reason to it. In fact, Bill Barnwell did a breakdown of the 2013 Jets and found 2 very odd statisitcal things things; the point differential was more likely to correspond to a 5-6 win team while at the same time the Jets were historically unlucky when it comes to recovering turnovers. 

Was more leaning towards the lack of interceptions and big plays. Fumble recoveries are random...all the other stuff isnt. This team just doesnt force turnovers or give the offense any help. 

Mentioned this last night, but Jalen Saunders is a scrub and we had two all time great PR's on the market for relatively small money. Why didnt we pursue either of these guys considering we struggle making big plays?

I'm really not though.  I've just changed my mind.

I loved Mangini at first.  I used to have something in my sig back in the day that was like "In Tangini we Trust" or something like that.  Couple of years later and I was ready to promote Brian Schottenheimer of all coaches and strangle Tanny.

No different here with Rex.  He's terrible and I was blinded by his charismatic fan like personality. 

Is trolling accepted by the mods here?

Rex sucks...but this a little bit misleading. I'm pretty sure there's a stat out there that since Rex took over the Jets, no team has held QB's to a lower QBR than the Jets. That includes some of the best QB's in the league.

Let me consult with EJ Manuel, Andy Dalton, Jake Locker, and Alex Smith and I'll get back to you.

Is trolling accepted by the mods here?

Steve - I'm not trolling.  My trolling is much more annoying than this. People can change their opinions.  Half this board has done it.  Why cant I?

Tom, RJF, Dbutt, Ape - all the staunchest Rex haters, loved him at first.  I'm finally seeing him for who he really is and that's a terrible Head Coach who isnt this defensive guru he claims he is.  They figured it out a lot earlier than I did.  I'm just now coming around.  

Sorry to let you down but this is reality.  

Despite all the statistical rankings, this defense has never been "elite" under Rex. They have always managed to give up that score, when it matters.

Jif chides fans that they don't watch other teams, in their criticisms with the Jets. I have watched other defenses, and great defenses get the big stops a good majority of the time when they need them. Rex's defense, not so much.

Think the rule changes have something to do with it. There also hasn't been a defense in the league since Rex has been our HC who are elite, can shut teams down week in week out.

Think the rule changes have something to do with it. There also hasn't been a defense in the league since Rex has been our HC who are elite, can shut teams down week in week out.

All I ask is that a good defense stop a team when they need to shut down a game. Rex's defenses seem not to be able to do that with consistency. Rule changes or not

Steve - I'm not trolling.  My trolling is much more annoying than this. People can change their opinions.  Half this board has done it.  Why cant I?

Tom, RJF, Dbutt, Ape - all the staunchest Rex haters, loved him at first.  I'm finally seeing him for who he really is and that's a terrible Head Coach who isnt this defensive guru he claims he is.  They figured it out a lot earlier than I did.  I'm just now coming around.  

Sorry to let you down but this is reality.  

Not letting me down, you are letting the board down by trolling. You are better than this Jif

All I ask is that a good defense stop a team when they need to shut down a game. Rex's defenses seem not to be able to do that with consistency. Rule changes or not

And again, since he's been a HC I haven't seen any of the good defenses do that. I just think the numerous rule changes that give a huge advantage to the offense may be an issue. No matter how much we don't want to hear it otherwise some team would be able to shut teams down. We pretty much fit the bill in his first season, he was able to coach Raven teams before that which did. But that was a long time ago.

And again, since he's been a HC I haven't seen any of the good defenses do that. I just think the numerous rule changes that give a huge advantage to the offense may be an issue. No matter how much we don't want to hear it otherwise some team would be able to shut teams down. We pretty much fit the bill in his first season, he was able to coach Raven teams before that which did. But that was a long time ago.

Would agree about the rule changes....but with all the passing going on, it's beyond frustrating we've been terrible at creating interceptions under Rex.

Would agree about the rule changes....but with all the passing going on, it's beyond frustrating we've been terrible at creating interceptions under Rex.

DBs are often WRs who can't catch. They work with guys, make them catch balls over and over. Don't get what else a HC can do with guys who can't catch or drop balls.

Don't remember this always being the case. It is when Wall drops picks or others but Rex's fault?

Not letting me down, you are letting the board down by trolling. You are better than this Jif

Hard to call it trolling when everyone here knows exactly what he's doing, and no one is taking the alleged bait. Besides, he's got more than half the mods (based purely on total mod mass) firmly in his corner.

Remember too though that passes defensed count as well but I agree their aren't many. Didn't they miss one in each game so far?

Sorry bud.  You'll get used to it.  Stick to what you believe. It may differ but that's cool.  I'm still a big fan of yours. 

Dude lets Derek ******* Carr get the Raiders back into the game, but we're the crazy ones.

Rex had great coverage but that was quite a catch by Jones.

Hard to call it trolling when everyone here knows exactly what he's doing, and no one is taking the alleged bait. Besides, he's got more than half the mods (based purely on total mod mass) firmly in his corner.

Crusher holds a lot of weight around here but I'm not trolling.  

Archived