Amari Cooper

Greenseed4

Kid's clearly got the talent, but I've yet to see him put it all together. I'm not sure if it's the hype or not, but I'm buying in 100% to Kevin White. Apparently a lot of the NFL guys are hearing Larry Fitzgerald type comparisons from the scouts regarding him and it's shaping up to be another very solid draft for WR talent.

I am high on Ty Montgomery out of Stanford:

He is no doubt a terrific prospect and I love how he catches the ball but I'm worried about his overall speed. I know he has been timed in the 4.4's but I don't see it on the tape. 

It's going to be a long haul grading all of these receivers this season...yet again. 

That's the match up I was really looking forward to watching in this game.  Looked like had had a Safety on him on the TD play who turned the wrong way and was lost.  You guys have handed Bama two easy TDs with bad defensive matchups today.

That's the match up I was really looking forward to watching in this game. Looked like had had a Safety on him on the TD play who turned the wrong way and was lost. You guys have handed Bama two easy TDs with bad defensive matchups today.

Yep. Muscramp getting owned by Kiffin.

Hargraves injured....

Jets need to do what ever it takes to go, and get him in next years draft, Idzik got 12 picks this year to try, and restock the depth, next year he needs to get that no brainer difference maker #1 WR alla Julio Jones, AJ Green like the Falcons, and Bengals did, and this kid is that guy. Time to trade the draft picks if needed to move up, and get this kid (assuming the Jets win enough games to stay out of the top 5-7 picks which I think they no doubt do).

Jets need to do what ever it takes to go, and get him in next years draft, Idzik got 12 picks this year to try, and restock the depth, next year he needs to get that no brainer difference maker #1 WR alla Julio Jones, AJ Green like the Falcons, and Bengals did, and this kid is that guy. Time to trade the draft picks if needed to move up, and get this kid (assuming the Jets win enough games to stay out of the top 5-7 picks which I think they no doubt do).

Him and Decker with Kerley manning the slot...hopefully Amaro turns out good...I think he will...LOOK OUT!  Totally different offense.

Cooper just sealed the deal as the best WR in the NCAA.  He's a top 5 pick next year with a performance like that vs. a 1st round CB. 

Good thing is, the Jets suck and probably go 5-11 so they might have a shot at him.

Him and Decker with Kerley manning the slot...hopefully Amaro turns out good...I think he will...LOOK OUT! Totally different offense.

Cooper just sealed the deal as the best WR in the NCAA. He's a top 5 pick next year with a performance like that vs. a 1st round CB.

Good thing is, the Jets suck and probably go 5-11 so they might have a shot at him.

We would probably just take a CB like Ifo Ekpre-Olomu and leave WR to the middle of the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not Julio...but not many are.

I disagree, I consider Dez Bryant equal to Julio talent wise, and Cooper is phsically similar to Bryant even thou he isn't physically similar to Jones height wise.

Julio, Dez, AJ ect. (excluding Calvin Johnson dude is in his own class IMO) all play as if they are the same height, weight, and speed, AJ is is 2-3 inches taller than Bryant, but it does not show on the field, and I don't think it will show with Cooper either.

Dez 6'2" 220

AJ 6'4" 204

Julio 6'3" 220

Cooper (High School Senior measurements/Freshman Year) 6'1" 198

Can see Cooper being 6'2" 220 by the time he is on an NFL team, and play at the same type of elite skilled WR level as the 3 WR's I compared him to can, he can do it all go deep, fade jump ball in the endzone, back shoulder, crisp routes, elite speed, and physical dominance at the line of scrimmage.  And like AJ, Dez, and Julio he will be a once every 3 year can't miss top flight #1 WR taken in the top 5-7 of the draft (Dez had top 5 talent, but extreme character issues making him fall to the low 20's).

• 2 weeks later...

I think his suspension is over already and I don't think it will have an effect on his draft stock anyway as he was suspended for selling autographs I have a feeling he will be a top ten pick possibly even a top 5 and I also think amari cooper fill fall probably not out of the first round but down to the 15-20s

The Jets have needs that are clear.  Wide receivers, corners, a quarterback, corners, and wide receivers.  The teams making the playoffs consistently over the past four seasons are trending to become more and more offensively based, so that is the direction the Jets should draft in (as much as I love Ekpre-Olomu from Oregon).

Lets assume that the Jets end up with a top 5 draft pick in 2015, but Mariota (who I believe is the real deal who the Jets should draft if they have the opportunity to trade up or whatever), but lets assume we're stuck without Mariota.  

Stay put in the top 5 and take Amari Cooper, WR Alabama.  He will definitely add much needed talent at WR, and gives some great big play ability. However, from all of the games I've seen him in, I've seen too many dropped passes, and some soft route running.  I think he's a good fit, but over this season I would like to see even sharper routes and extremely consistent hands if I were to draft this guy. But honestly, today, he would probably be the best pick.

With that being said, I like Kevin White.  By the end of this year he could be my top rated WR.

wide receivers have a tendency of fluctuating like crazy so amari cooper by the end of the year could be a guy your all begging the jets not to draft. I agree we have needs and that rb is not an immediate need however why draft a guy who has equivalent talent to someone who you can get in the second round when you can draft a guy that you know is going to be great? moving down on your picks based off of need is not a good recipe for success. that being said if the best wr is on the board at the time and whoever it is has a ceiling to be an elite wr then I wouldn't lose sleep over the pick either. same goes for a solid corner. I don't think this is the year we should draft a qb I think we still need to give geno a chance, the reason I say this is because jets fans want to change their qb after every game when even the best qbs have a bad day. geno is still young and has improved over his rookie season that well was not very good. he could still improve and be a decent qb which is really all we need him to be, mariota I don't think will ever be an elite qb so to waste a pick as high as a top 5 on him when there are other players who have such high ceilings would be the wrong thing to do in my opionion. the other qb that should go early in the draft Winston I think is a much better qb then mariota is however he has some obvious off the field issues and none of the jets fans would give him a chance to develop by the time he would be on the brink of being good everyone would be screaming for us to draft the next guy. as far as drafting a wide receiver goes most wide recievers take time to develop and will be pretty bad or mediocre at best their first season (look at Sammy Watkins he is having an alright season but not as good as he was drafted to be). I mean we could always fix our wr issues in free agency there is a tiny tiny chance that the cowboys don't want to sign Bryant to a huge deal when murray is running the ball so well. my point right now is just keep an open mind because our needs right now might not be the same as our needs in the draft and at the end of the day I hope they take the best player available instead of drafting based solely off need

I think his suspension is over already and I don't think it will have an effect on his draft stock anyway as he was suspended for selling autographs I have a feeling he will be a top ten pick possibly even a top 5 and I also think amari cooper fill fall probably not out of the first round but down to the 15-20s

His suspension is not over -- he is out this Saturday against Arkansas and no word that I am aware of beyond that.  That said, I agree that this will not hurt his draft stock, if anything it will help him, having less wear and tear from missing a few games. 

and to further prove my point that a lot can happen before the offseason we just traded for percy harvin if he doesn't work out we will still need a wr but if he pairs up good with decker can stay healthy and wants to play hard for us then all of a sudden wr might not be a top priority

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well since dee milliner is a bigger bust then geno smith in my opinion we need a cornerback bad

I was thinking (CB~Ifo Ekpre-Olomu from Oregon the kid can flat out play(#revis.alert#)

Yeah let's keep up with the need-based picks.  It's worked out so well for us the last several years with Kyle Wilson, Dee Milliner, Calvin Pryor and Stephen Hill.

Archived