Mo Wilkerson: In my doghouse

Shadetree

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you're getting at...but you can't teach leadership...it's there or it isn't.

Probably true. I'll settle for teaching a player that actions that hurt the team have negative consequences beyond the final whistle and go from there.

I see what you're getting at...but you can't teach leadership...it's there or it isn't.

Mo has been pretty mature for most of his tenure. This incident, so far, has been an anomaly. If the Jets hadn't had that TD waved off, Mo taunting the fans (I seriously doubt he was "celebrating" his ejection) wouldn't be such an issue. He'll get his act back together.

I get that this last game was, possibly, the Jets-iest lost in maybe 10 years, but it is still just one game.

"J-E-T-S SUCK! SUCK! SUCK!...ahh, I'm just kiddin' around. Enjoy the game!"

-actual thing said to me in the Lambeau Field concourse

I can't believe I have to say I was at the ******* timeout game. 20 years from now everyone is still going to remember this sh*t. Game started out so awesome too, would have been a sweet, sweet memory of Lambeau. But nooooooooooooo.

meh. I rewatched the tape. I didn't see any "hay makers" being thrown. I saw just as many hands up in wilkersons face, as I saw Wilkerson throw.i also don't think he was celebrating anything. as a lot of sports players do, they tend to smile and laugh off what they don't think was right. imo, I think mo was smiling and chuckling because he couldn't believe he was thrown out and the other players involved didn't get anything. the whole one sided refs theory that the entire jets team had after the game in green bay

LOL at saying Wilkerson and Sheldon haven't been as good. After two games, one were they were both absolutely dominant and another where they were playing well for most of the game (at least most of Wilkerson's game).

Also, people saying he was "smiling" as if he was happy to leave. It was more of an ironic laugh at the officials incompetence in that situation. Which you see in sports quite a bit. 

You, indeed, will have candidates. Many, many candidates.

Mo should be embarrassed, though, especially given the point in the game where he threw the punches--after a two point conversion while the game was still extremely winnable. It wasn't even as if the Packers were diving at his knees. These Jets like to pretend they're bullies, but they consistently get pee-pee spanked when things get physical.

Yup.

But how DARE anyone point it out.

You, indeed, will have candidates. Many, many candidates. 

Mo should be embarrassed, though, especially given the point in the game where he threw the punches--after a two point conversion while the game was still extremely winnable. It wasn't even as if the Packers were diving at his knees. These Jets like to pretend they're bullies, but they consistently get pee-pee spanked when things get physical.

Babin's knees THO, and IIRC on that drive. 

That was a dirty game and no one's even trying to hide it. Luckily it was the 2nd game of the season and the Packers aren't even in conference. The thing to take out of it is that Geno's got this. 

Pretty much. Simply amazing how nice they were.

I drive my brother to Sheboygan two summers ago for work and the apartment he had rented was a Roach motel, so a family who had only exchanged emails with Chris a few times put him up in their home for two months rent free. One of the most generous things I've ever seen done to anyone. We were going to come home the following morning otherwise.

In fights like that, there are always penalties on both sides. except inlaces like Green Bay. But Mo was wrong. They did not look like punches to me, unless it was a girl fight. More like open handed stuff. Smiling was dumb. The whole thing was dumb. It was an extra point attempt, for crying out loud.

Pretty much. Simply amazing how nice they were. 

I agree.  The Packer fans seemed to take pride in welcoming opposing fans into their stadium.  I felt a similar vibe from Indy fans even when we beat them in the playoffs.  Maybe its a midwest thing.

I agree. The Packer fans seemed to take pride in welcoming opposing fans into their stadium. I felt a similar vibe from Indy fans even when we beat them in the playoffs. Maybe its a midwest thing.

Surprisingly, that was my experience in New Orleans. It was shortly after 9/11, so the cynic in me wants to chalk it up to that.

Let's not forget the hook to blame Rex: he celebrate after talking to rex after the ejection. Why didn't Rex say "you head straight to locker room. Look at your feet when you walk there and do not talk to anybody. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 dollars." No one fears Rex. He should be benched for a series or a quarter this week for disrespecting his HC on national television.

Looked like he was getting a lecture from Rex. Rex sure as sh1t wasn't going to make a scene on the field. We have no clue what he was told on the field or off the field. But let's guess he said nothing, proving your theory based on nothing?

Wow, this thing has been blown out of proportion

he didn't throw haymakers

he wasn't celebrating his ejection

with thousands of packers fans hassling him, he tried to show them they weren't getting to him

good god people get a grip  !!!!!

If he wanted to prove they weren't getting to him, maybe he could have kept his sh*t in check and not thrown punches and gotten ejected in the first place.

Archived