Rex Is Confident Milliner & Decker Will Be Ready

JetNation

Eric Decker

Coming off a tough loss against the Packers, the Jets have injury concerns at two positions with major depth concerns. Dee Milliner saw action at cornerback against the Packers after sitting out several weeks with an ankle injury.  He gave up a long touchdown so the questions remain about his health. Wide receiver Eric Decker left the game with an injury to his hamstring.  Rex spoke about both players to the media on Wednesday.

I know you’re going to ask me about (Eric) Decker and Dee Milliner, so (with) both of those guys we will see how they progress. They were not practicing today, but we will see how they do. We’re confident that they will be ready. We know that they are going to work to get out there. I’m confident, we’ll see how it goes during the week, but I should say I guess I’m hopeful that they will play.

Rex was also asked what happened to Milliner’s ankle late in the game.

I don’t know if it was fatigued or what it was because clearly he opened the game playing much more efficiently than he did at the end of the game. Whether that was through fatigue, I’m not sure. I think he’s going to be alright. We have to get some practice out of him and I think he’ll be alight. Did his play drop off? Absolutely it did. Was it because of the ankle? I’m not sure. I’m not sure about that.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
3GaN4WGP3EM

View the full article

Is it just me or do these two statements somewhat contradict each other?

We’re confident that they will be ready.

I should say I guess I’m hopeful that they will play.

I certainly hope they both play as well.  But I'm not sure it's a good idea actually.  I think we're in deep trouble if Decker can't play since our offense stalled completely after he left the game last week.  But again, not sure I'd push him with a hammy injury to get back out there too soon.  Isn't this an aggravation of an August injury?  

He said he did not tear his hamstring Sunday, and did not even undergo an MRI examination.

“There’s no tear,” Decker said. “I would characterize it as I aggravated it. Obviously, I did it in training camp and it didn’t fully go away.”

Decker said he was sore before Sunday, but indicated he felt no pain that was out of the ordinary.

“Every guy in this locker room will tell you they’re sore,” Decker said. “Everyone plays through injuries. Everyone plays through soreness.”

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/09/why_eric_decker_hamstring_thinks_next_couple_of_days_will_be_a_telling_sign_for_whether_he_plays_vs.html

Archived