Jets vs Bears! Who you picking!?!?

Smo0v3mik3

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like last years Monday night game against the Falcons..  or the way they finished up the last few games of last year. 

Rex uses you and like-minded peoples opinions as fuel.  He will feast on your doubt and leave you scrambling to find reasons to hate him. 

I can only hope for the bold. 

Again, I'll make this very clear - I don't hate Rex - I actually think he's a great dude, would love to have a beer with him, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sugar coat everything he sucks at so it's easier for the "pro" and "anti" crowds here to compartmentalize the talking points and who is on whose side.

Meanwhile, 6 of 7 USA Today "experts" are picking the Bears. 6 of 9 are taking Bears on CBS Sportsline, including the Prediction Machine, whatever that is.

whew, that's a relief! Things back to normal, don't know what came over those nfl guys. Hope they come to their senses.

Bears - 71

Jets - 70

Jets set franchise record for most points in a game. However the party is spoiled as Santonio Holmes sets a new single-game record by scoring 10 touchdowns in a game, including a last second 2-point conversion.

and he would've had an 11th if he didn't have a wardrobe malfunction and get his dick stuck in his cleats at the 1 yard line

I am picking the JETS chant leader will suck and the guy selected/elected to do it has major mommy issues.

im shocked an nfl franchise took a homegrown thing and corporatized the hell out of it. if i was at the game i would boycott this shill and refuse to cheer with him.

im shocked an nfl franchise took a homegrown thing and corporatized the hell out of it. if i was at the game i would boycott this shill and refuse to cheer with him.

Did you see the article where they had the not one but 8 chant leaders with their YouTube chant videos.

Not sure if they were elected for their chants or the comic effect.

Did you see the article where they had the not one but 8 chant leaders with their YouTube chant videos.

Not sure if they were elected for their chants or the comic effect.

contrived nonsense. someone should organize a counter-chat

Also, watched some of that A Football Life with Brandon Marshall. God bless that dude for fighting the good fight, but his brain seems like a frightening place to be. His mother seems like a real gem, too.

Tough viewing; seems like once he started to get treatment he really tried to turn his life around. It's a lifelong battle that he's facing, but I'm glad he's trying to help others out and make his struggles public.

This is the type of show where the average suburban soccer-mom says that she had to turn it off 10 minutes into it, because it was too depressing. Yet these are the same people who can't possibly understand why some of these athletes waste all of their money on bling or get arrested for carrying a concealed weapon or getting into bar fights etc.  The same people who don't have real problems so they make up things to worry about; "ughh it's been soo stressfull trying to plan this vacation to italy for my family. I like, had to look up flights and different tours all on my own because my mother couldn't handle it." (actual story)  These kids grew up in neighborhoods where they had to eat dinner on the floor so they didn't get shot in the f*cking face through the window.  Unless you've lived as someone well below the poverty line or work with them, people have no idea how insanely tough these families have it.  Rape. Abuse. Child abuse. Alcoholism. Drugs. It's literally a daily part of their lives.  Now these terrors certainly don't discriminate between races or classes, but when you're living below that poverty line, it certainly doesn't help things.

Oh yea: if forte has over 100 yards of total offense the Jets lose.  If they can contain him to under 100 and below 4.0 ypc, I think they pull it out. If he gets going and Cutler has us on our heels, Marshall and Jeffery will torch us.

Tough viewing; seems like once he started to get treatment he really tried to turn his life around. It's a lifelong battle that he's facing, but I'm glad he's trying to help others out and make his struggles public.

This is the type of show where the average suburban soccer-mom says that she had to turn it off 10 minutes into it, because it was too depressing. Yet these are the same people who can't possibly understand why some of these athletes waste all of their money on bling or get arrested for carrying a concealed weapon or getting into bar fights etc. The same people who don't have real problems so they make up things to worry about; "ughh it's been soo stressfull trying to plan this vacation to italy for my family. I like, had to look up flights and different tours all on my own because my mother couldn't handle it." (actual story) These kids grew up in neighborhoods where they had to eat dinner on the floor so they didn't get shot in the f*cking face through the window. Unless you've lived as someone well below the poverty line or work with them, people have no idea how insanely tough these families have it. Rape. Abuse. Child abuse. Alcoholism. Drugs. It's literally a daily part of their lives. Now these terrors certainly don't discriminate between races or classes, but when you're living below that poverty line, it certainly doesn't help things.

Oh yea: if forte has over 100 yards of total offense the Jets lose. If they can contain him to under 100 and below 4.0 ypc, I think they pull it out. If he gets going and Cutler has us on our heels, Marshall and Jeffery will torch us.

I thought it was a nice, subtle touch by the director to cut between Marshall talking about how he had no support system as a kid and clips of his mother (with a Toni Braxton nose job and a Beyoncé weave) repeatedly referring to Brandon as "cuckoo."

I feel like this is a barometer game. The Bears' defense is for sh*t to begin with and they're missing three starters to boot. They're also down their starting center and left guard and both their big receivers are banged up. If we get blown off the field (and I kinda think we will), that's a bad sign.

Archived