Antonio Allen

yanks9596

The Jets will keep converted safety Antonio Allen at cornerback for the rest of the season.
"I don't see how we can go back," DC Dennis Thurman said Thursday. Pro Football Focus has charted Allen as the most heavily targeted cornerback in football through three games, giving him up-and-down grades week to week. He's consequently been an IDP stud, racking up 17 tackles (16 solo) with five pass breakups. Although Allen has given up a solid number of completions, PFF has him allowing a respectable 80.7 passer rating into his coverage. Sep 25 - 4:37 PM

First three games as a CB against some of the league's better receivers. Kind of hard to be upset over his production. His open-field tackling probably saved about 7 points against the Bears, kid is just a good football player.

He's an unbelievable athlete...need to move him all over.

Agreed.  I fall into the camp that thinks this is going to be good for him in the long term.  He's still got miles to go in terms of being a corner but he's getting by on athleticism and instincts right now.  I'd like to see him be a guy that can play three or four positions in the future.

He's obviously being highlighted as a weakness that can be exploited but he's held up very well. Even when he has been getting beaten the coverage hasn't been too awful. I think he's been even better than Walls, his open field tackling is amazing.

He could develop into something really special under Rex.

Archived