Jets were jobbed by the Refs

PatriotReign37

Meh, we aren't a good team. The roster alone proves that.

Getting jobbed out of 14-21 points is tough for any team to overcome against a good opponent.. We will not be a team capable of doing that starting supermarket baggers at WR and UPS drivers at CB

All of you saying we had our chances to win.. are completely ignoring why we had our chances.. We for the most part outplayed them.. I am not sure why coaching is not given some credit there.

This roster is pure sh*t.  Its bottom 5 in the league.   

The fact the Jets were in that game after a pick 6 and botched punt and the bull sh*t PI, all to start the game is a testament to the coaching staff for keeping them focused and fighting in a game that could have gotten really ugly.  That said, if Marty pulled his head out of his and let Ivory do his thing, the Jets come away victorious last night.  No doubt in my mind.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coaching only gets blame for mistakes. 

Coaching never gets credit for positives. Ever. 

Pretty much and it comes mostly from people that I thought had a little better grip on the game.  Guess not.

All good either way.  There will be a whole new staff in place next year to lead the Jets to a similar type of season.  

It was a PI, the exact same play as the Pats against the Panthers last year and it wasn't called either. They are giving db's a clear advantage in the red zone.

Isn't there supposed to be a point of emphasis on that this year, though? Are PI and defensive holding calls way up this year?

One of our guys got called for PI in the red zone in the 1st quarter because the receiver was grabbing his arm. 

Is it too much to ask for in game consistency from an officiating crew?

Yep. I thought that was the point of emphasis 2 seasons ago or something. It's an utterly blown call that had me flipping my sh*t because he had a clear path to the end zone. If it's close at all, just ******* hold the whistle and let the guy score. What are the odds a coach isn't going to challenge that call anyways? Blowing it dead was just a ******* braindead move.

I don't get not having a clear path stipulation for reviews. Officiating should not be able to negate stuff that obvious.

Isn't there supposed to be a point of emphasis on that this year, though? Are PI and defensive holding calls way up this year?

One of our guys got called for PI in the red zone in the 1st quarter because the receiver was grabbing his arm. 

Is it too much to ask for in game consistency from an officiating crew?

We wont agree on much, but I will say from my point of view it's been bad all over the league. There is zero consistency from play to play much less game to game. Whatever point of emphasis the have tried to make, all it's done is cause more confusion as to what a PI is on either side of the ball?

We wont agree on much, but I will say from my point of view it's been bad all over the league. There is zero consistency from play to play much less game to game. Whatever point of emphasis the have tried to make, all it's done is cause more confusion as to what a PI is on either side of the ball?

The worst part is it keeps getting worse and worse. 

I think this is even more of a reason to get rid of Goodell than just about anything. The officiating on his watch has gotten worse each year.

And don't get me started on the Roger Goodell NFL's reactionary nature. How a couple of big games turn on a bad call or goofy esoteric rule so then we have to put up with these nonsensical "points of emphasis" where they completely change they way they call certain things from year to year. 

And stop agreeing with me. It makes me uncomfortable. 

huh? been watching football a long time and always saw whistle be blown when refs call the play dead. not sure why that put you in a snit.

Yes, they blew the whistle.

Again, they are not supposed to in that situation.

Again, in close plays like that inside of 2 minutes, they are trained to let the play go because they have the power to review without challenges.

Congrats on watching football for a long time, but this is a fairly recent change and this is the way things are supposed to work now.

If you still cannot comprehend this point, I don't know what else to tell you.

Yes, they blew the whistle.

Again, they are not supposed to in that situation.

Again, in close plays like that inside of 2 minutes, they are trained to let the play go because they have the power to review without challenges.

Congrats on watching football for a long time, but this is a fairly recent change and this is the way things are supposed to work now.

If you still cannot comprehend this point, I don't know what else to tell you.

comprehend what point? that i didn't know that was a rule change? calm the **** down all i said was that i thought it worked the other way. you'd think you wrote the rule book or something. relax bud.

The worst part is it keeps getting worse and worse. 

I think this is even more of a reason to get rid of Goodell than just about anything. The officiating on his watch has gotten worse each year.

And don't get me started on the Roger Goodell NFL's reactionary nature. How a couple of big games turn on a bad call or goofy esoteric rule so then we have to put up with these nonsensical "points of emphasis" where they completely change they way they call certain things from year to year. 

Agreed, how about instead of this "point of emphasis" crap they just train the refs to actually call the games by the rules that are in place?

The best internet thing of all internet things is when someone is all DUDE CALM THE **** DOWN WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH LOOK AT YOU THROWING A TANTRUM LIKE A LITTLE GIRL HOLY ******* **** **** ASS COCK CALM DOWN DUDE

i have been watching this board for a long time and in my experience you are way too worked up about this.

Stay classy, jgb.

i care about you. so i didn't know about the rule. you told me about it. i was like "wow didn't know that" and you said "if you cantz get that through yer thick skull you are dummbbzzz!" i am sorry your team stinks and you can't accept that. happy to be the punching bag so you don't hurt your wife and kids.

i have been watching this board for a long time and in my experience you are way too worked up about this.

i care about you. so i didn't know about the rule. you told me about it. i was like "wow didn't know that" and you said "if you cantz get that through yer thick skull you are dummbbzzz!" i am sorry your team stinks and you can't accept that. happy to be the punching bag so you don't hurt your wife and kids.

http://youtu.be/ZeVuOux5WLM

don't see the rule where refs should not blow a play dead inside of 2 minutes on a player the ref believes to be down even if ball comes out. can someone point me to it?

Article 1: Dead Ball Declared.

An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:

(a) when a runner is contacted by a defensive player and touches the ground with any part of his body

other than his hands or feet. The ball is dead the instant the runner touches the ground. A runner

touching the ground with his hands or feet while in the grasp of an opponent may continue to

advance; or

when a fumble is recovered or caught by a teammate of the fumbling player, and the fumble occurs

on a play that is subject to the “two-minute” or “fourth-down” fumble provisions. See 8-7-5 and 8-7-6;

FUMBLE AFTER TWO-MINUTE WARNING

Article 6 Fumble After Two-Minute Warning.

If a fumble by either team occurs after the two-minute

warning:

(a) The ball may be advanced by any opponent.

( B) The player who fumbled is the only player of his team who is permitted to recover and advance the

ball.

© If the recovery or catch is by a teammate of the player who fumbled, the ball is dead, and the spot of

the next snap is the spot of the fumble, or the spot of the recovery if the spot of the recovery is behind

the spot of the fumble.

nothing about fumble inside of two minutes invalidating Article 1a above.

don't see the rule where refs should not blow a play dead inside of 2 minutes on a player the ref believes to be down even if ball comes out. can someone point me to it?

Article 1: Dead Ball Declared.

An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:

(a) when a runner is contacted by a defensive player and touches the ground with any part of his body

other than his hands or feet. The ball is dead the instant the runner touches the ground. A runner

touching the ground with his hands or feet while in the grasp of an opponent may continue to

advance; or

when a fumble is recovered or caught by a teammate of the fumbling player, and the fumble occurs

on a play that is subject to the “two-minute” or “fourth-down” fumble provisions. See 8-7-5 and 8-7-6;

FUMBLE AFTER TWO-MINUTE WARNING

Article 6 Fumble After Two-Minute Warning.

If a fumble by either team occurs after the two-minute

warning:

(a) The ball may be advanced by any opponent.

( B) The player who fumbled is the only player of his team who is permitted to recover and advance the

ball.

© If the recovery or catch is by a teammate of the player who fumbled, the ball is dead, and the spot of

the next snap is the spot of the fumble, or the spot of the recovery if the spot of the recovery is behind

the spot of the fumble.

nothing about fumble inside of two minutes invalidating Article 1a above.

http://youtu.be/zDAmPIq29ro

basically it comes down to jets fans WISHING the ref had called cutler not down and the play a fumble. not sure how the refs can both call cutler down, then not blow the whistle and let the ball be returned. enlighten me if i am wrong.

I commented in the game thread about the bad calls going both ways. I've been pretty consistent saying that the bad calls don't help, and have hurt us more than the bad calls our opponents have gotten, especially when you consider the rest of the slop we are putting on the field.

In other words... the bad calls are insult to injury, imo. We can't get out of our own ******* way, and that is problem #1, but it doesn't help that the refs are kicking us while we're down.

This is what my problem was.  They were kicking us when we were down.  They are so bad, but you think they'd at least throw a team that was down a bone.  If anything I would expect them to try to even the game out, not pile on.  How could they not call the PI on that last play?  It wasn't even like giving away the game, the Jets still needed to punch it in and a 2 point conversion to get to OT. WTF?  Don't they want more excitement?  

Agreed, how about instead of this "point of emphasis" crap they just train the refs to actually call the games by the rules that are in place?

That was what was so sad about the Walls PI call.  I thought "Hey we finally got one."  Oops.  Guess again. 

Archived