Has Calvin Johnson's career in Detroit been wasted?

Blackout

I only bring this up because I was talking to someone who said that Calvin has never had a "career highlight" depsite his record breaking career

I brought up the playoff loss to the Saints where he had 200 yards and 2 TD's but that was in a loss.  It got me thinking whether or not Calvin's career has gone to waste being stuck on the garbage Lions or if he'll validate his time there with a legit playoff run of these years.

In my opinion Stafford blows. To your point, he's playing in a dome and he also has Calvin Johnson who if you noticed catches everything and anything thrown anywhere hear him. Stafford+Sanchez without Calvin

I haven't watched Stafford enough to feel comfortable pulling out the Sanchez comparison but this isn't the first time I've heard it...although Stafford's arm is way stronger than Sanchez's.

In my opinion Stafford blows. To your point, he's playing in a dome and he also has Calvin Johnson who if you noticed catches everything and anything thrown anywhere hear him. Stafford+Sanchez without Calvin

Just have to laugh at posts like this. Stafford has 3 seasons where he has thrown for 5,038, 4,967 and 4,650 yards. He also has a season throwing for 41 TD's and only 16 INT's.

Comparing Stafford to Sanchez is like comparing a Rolex to a used Timex.

Stafford is easily a top 10 NFL QB.

But you think he "blows".

Just have to laugh at posts like this. Stafford has 3 seasons where he has thrown for 5,038, 4,967 and 4,650 yards. He also has a season throwing for 41 TD's and only 16 INT's.

Yep and all those playoff and championship wins as well....

Agreed, I think he's similar to Romo not Sanchez...he'll have an incredible game and look unstoppable but his tendency to make the huge mistake always seems to creep up at some point. Sanchez cant hold his jockstrap.

So Marino blew as a QB?

C'mon man - you're comparing Stafford w/ Marino?

Marino was usually the only reason the dolphags were in the playoffs at times - whatever success the LIons have had during the Stafford tenure (and it hasn't been much) is despite his play not because of it.

C'mon man - you're comparing Stafford w/ Marino?

No, I was addressing your comment that playoff wins and championships are some sort of defining criteria on how good NFL QB's are.

Again, Matthew Stafford is easily a top 10 QB in the NFL today.

Who would you rather have as your QB, Eli Manning or Matthew Stafford?

No, I was addressing your comment that playoff wins and championships are some sort of defining criteria on how good NFL QB's are.

Stafford sucked last year too.

Eli's won a lot of big games. He's playing a lot better than last year already. It's closer than you think.

I only bring this up because I was talking to someone who said that Calvin has never had a "career highlight" depsite his record breaking career

I brought up the playoff loss to the Saints where he had 200 yards and 2 TD's but that was in a loss.  It got me thinking whether or not Calvin's career has gone to waste being stuck on the garbage Lions or if he'll validate his time there with a legit playoff run of these years.

no career is wasted he choose to resign with detriot he could have been a FA.

In my opinion Stafford blows.  To your point, he's playing in a dome and he also has Calvin Johnson who if you noticed catches everything and anything thrown anywhere hear him.  Stafford+Sanchez without Calvin

not even close i would take stafford in a nano second over suckchez and smith.

LOL. Do you know that the greatest RB ever, Barry Sander wasted his talents there in that liberal utopia shi.hole too. Why are you acting so surprise?

Manning and it's not even close....

Megatron is a monster and he's still got a few good years left in him.  He broke the single season record for receiving.  He's had an awesome career.  Easily the best WR for the past 3-4 years.

I might be slightly biased cause I'm a fan of Georgia, but I've loved Stafford since he was a Bulldog.  I'd love to have Stafford in NY.  He's a legit QB.  

do you think Megatron would be as good here as he has been?

Megatron is a monster and he's still got a few good years left in him.  He broke the single season record for receiving.  He's had an awesome career.  Easily the best WR for the past 3-4 years.

I might be slightly biased cause I'm a fan of Georgia, but I've loved Stafford since he was a Bulldog.  I'd love to have Stafford in NY.  He's a legit QB.  

do you think Megatron would be as good here as he has been?

Yes.

the game is a business.  its show business.  they are all getting paid and we are all entertained, so how can it be wasted ?

yeah really. Not enough rep

people think it's like war, it's more like the opera. You buy season tix and try to get rid of weak dates, sound familiar? 

yeah really. Not enough rep

people think it's like war, it's more like the opera. You buy season tix and try to get rid of weak dates, sound familiar? 

it's perfect opera.  all the the pre-game builds the drama, sets the stage and tells us who is the good guy and bad guy.  then we get to watch commercials for 3 - 7 hours

if a team wins a title, we get to spend $250 on memorabilia

nothing is wasted

Archived