Minus the turnovers... Look how good we've been.

BroadwayJets

We only 'suck' because we haven't been able to finish the games with a W. Somehow we have one of the best offenses in the league, and the second overall defense. 

The only thing that blows is that we could be 3-0. Oh well. We're going to finish strong, and another year of experience for these young guys, we're gonna be a force. I'm tellin ya. 

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/statistics.html

Team Statistics   NEW YORK JETS OPPONENTS TOTAL FIRST DOWNS 60 53 FIRST DOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-BY-PENALTY) 20-35-5 11-35-7 THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS 19/44 17/41 FOURTH DOWN CONVERSIONS 3/5 0/0 TOTAL OFFENSIVE YARDS 1,129 805 OFFENSE (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS) 205/5.4 180/4.5 TOTAL RUSHING YARDS 473 165 RUSHING (PLAYS-AVERAGE YARDS) 97-4.9 58-2.8 TOTAL PASSING YARDS 713 722 PASSING (COMP-ATT-INT-AVG) 65-104-4-6.9 68-112-0-6.4 SACKS 10.0 7.0 FIELD GOALS 7/7 5/5 TOUCHDOWNS 6 8 TOUCHDOWNS (RUSHING-PASSING-RETURNS-DEFENSIVE) 3-3-0-0 0-7-0-1 TIME OF POSSESSION 32:23 27:37 TURNOVER RATIO -4 Passing

Other than that iceberg, how was the maiden voyage of the Titanic, Captain Smith?

Other than the head wound to your husband, how was the play, Mrs.Lincoln? 

Other than the Japanese surprise attack, how was your Sunday morning, Admiral Kimmel? 

I agree with the premise of the post...if this team was anywhere near as bad as a lot of fans make them out to be, they'd be in the bottom five of every single statistical category.  The fact that they are near the top of the league confirms what others are saying, which is that this team is a lot closer to being very good than they are to being very bad.  

We only 'suck' because we haven't been able to finish the games with a W. Somehow we have one of the best offenses in the league, and the second overall defense. 

The only thing that blows is that we could be 3-0. Oh well. We're going to finish strong, and another year of experience for these young guys, we're gonna be a force. I'm tellin ya. 

100% agreed. nice post.  

Games are won and lost on the scoreboard -- not on the stat sheet.  This is a bad football team.

+1 - you have to look at the context of the game in relation to the stats - the Bears put it on cruise control once they got up 14 and played "keep away" the rest of the game.

3 games in but if you look we are 8th in total offense, second in total defense and first in rushing.  The bad news in those stats, we're 1-2.

We are also about 20th in both points scored and points against -- which equates to that 1-2 record.

:win:  :rl:  :rl:  :rl:  I love Jets fans,,,,I really, really do.  Does this mean every team in the league actually won the Super Bowl only didn't because well they actually never got there? :rl:

We are also about 20th in both points scored and points against -- which equates to that 1-2 record.

Which is directly related to the turnovers cited in the title of the thread. Clean them up, and this is a pretty good football team.

Which is directly related to the turnovers cited in the title of the thread. Clean them up, and this is a pretty good football team.

It is also related to the red zone offense, which needs to be cleaned up as well.  Its hard to win games with FGs.

Other than that iceberg, how was the maiden voyage of the Titanic, Captain Smith?

Other than the head wound to your husband, how was the play, Mrs.Lincoln? 

Other than the Japanese surprise attack, how was your Sunday morning, Admiral Kimmel? made

you guys are really fuuunny.  i LOL at this and other remarks.

let me try some

Other than being in my 60s, I can run really fast.

Other than having only played touch football in Central Park, I could be an NFL QB.

Other than...

never mind.  We all get the picture.  Get rid of geno barbarino and the clown coach and skinflint gm and the dufus owner.

Other than that, we are fine.

It is also related to the red zone offense, which needs to be cleaned up as well.  Its hard to win games with FGs.

Agreed, absolutely. The play calling in the redzone has been somewhere between questionable and terrible all year. And again, Geno's turnovers down there have been killers.

I don't understand. Before the season started, literally everyone knew this stretch was coming. Now that it's here we're all surprised, shocked, and 'this team sucks'. Meanwhile we could have won the last two. Our team is miles beyond last year, and while it may have been a slight fluke that we went 8-8, we're going to finish better. Watch. 

It's far worse when you consider how, where and when these turnovers are happening. 

Penalties and awful officiating have hurt us too but these mistakes are killing us. They're not freak happenings though, even in some our best performances last season we saw these regularly.

We're doing a lot of good things though. 

I don't understand. Before the season started, literally everyone knew this stretch was coming. Now that it's here we're all surprised, shocked, and 'this team sucks'. Meanwhile we could have won the last two. Our team is miles beyond last year, and while it may have been a slight fluke that we went 8-8, we're going to finish better. Watch. 

Come on, are you serious? I get you want them to finish better, but how on god's green earth you can't see how bad they are is beyond me. You secondary sucks, your Wr's suck, your O-line blows, your QB wouldn't start for a lot of Canadian teams, and your vaunted D-line Chokes just about every time the game is on the line. This team has 5-11 of 6-10 written all over it in bold writing.

Come on, are you serious? I get you want them to finish better, but how on god's green earth you can't see how bad they are is beyond me. You secondary sucks, your Wr's suck, your O-line blows, your QB wouldn't start for a lot of Canadian teams, and your vaunted D-line Chokes just about every time the game is on the line. This team has 5-11 of 6-10 written all over it in bold writing.

Our secondary and terrible defense kept us in a game loaded with terrible tunrovers and a missed call that turned a defensive turnover for touchdown into our ball at mid field.  Rodgers and Cutler squeeked out wins against that defense honey.  Your trying to hard.

Our wide receivers after Kerely and Decker are horrendous.

O line is not helping anyone.

We are 1-2 and were in both games we lost till the end.  

Honey, you are forgetting to be a good troll you can;t over do it.  Try being a little subtle other than a complete idiot of a poster.  When you focus and don;t try to over sell your position your pretty tolerable.

If my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.

Turnovers are the difference in, what I would expect, 90% of football games.

It's nice that your thinking happy thoughts. You're probabaly too young to understand that Jets fans tend to be more pessimistic.

But your turnover argument reeks. Turnovers are part of football.

Your an idiot, but that's hardly news to anyone here.

Archived