Jets \ Lions Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only positive i can take away from this game is that it is probably going to dawn on woody that everything the jets ever have done since he owned them has turned to ashes.  maybe he'll step down. admit his complete and total failure as an owner, declare himself too incompetent to be a head honcho in the NFL's biggest market, and just go spend the rest of his days with women half his age in East Hampton or Palm Beach or wherever.  fat chance for that happening. Yes Geno saying he did not care about NY Jets fans infuriated me. For that alone, he should be shown the door for his lack of respect towards those to whom he owes a very good living.  Rex is Rex, and when he is made the fall guy, will immediately find another job at the same level as his brother.  Idzik is a clueless fraud.  He will never GM again, and the idiotic search firm that Woody hired to find Idzik is probably the joke of the NFL behind closed doors.  If Vick starts next week, maybe we win some games this year.  If not, if Woody's ego and incompetence -- his inability to see what everyone sees plain as day -- prevent him from hiring a whole new regime, and step out of way for 3 or 4 years, tthen ... no matter.  NFL ticket from DirectTV gives me the ability to watch every game being played, so I can tune to watch real teams with real QBs coached by real HCs and having the benefit of competent front offices,not just a collection of loser yes men.

the only positive i can take away from this game is that it is probably going to dawn on woody that everything the jets ever have done since he owned them has turned to ashes.  maybe he'll step down. admit his complete and total failure as an owner, declare himself too incompetent to be a head honcho in the NFL's biggest market, and just go spend the rest of his days with women half his age in East Hampton or Palm Beach or wherever.  fat chance for that happening. Yes Geno saying he did not care about NY Jets fans infuriated me. For that alone, he should be shown the door for his lack of respect towards those to whom he owes a very good living.  Rex is Rex, and when he is made the fall guy, will immediately find another job at the same level as his brother.  Idzik is a clueless fraud.  He will never GM again, and the idiotic search firm that Woody hired to find Idzik is probably the joke of the NFL behind closed doors.  If Vick starts next week, maybe we win some games this year.  If not, if Woody's ego and incompetence -- his inability to see what everyone sees plain as day -- prevent him from hiring a whole new regime, and step out of way for 3 or 4 years, tthen ... no matter.  NFL ticket from DirectTV gives me the ability to watch every game being played, so I can tune to watch real teams with real QBs coached by real HCs and having the benefit of competent front offices,not just a collection of loser yes men.

it goes like this: a few geniuses called for vick to start the season, after geno sucks so badly, more and more fans are realizing what needs to be done, in the order of their intelligence. unfortunately, jets are the dumbest organization in football and will only make the switch when even the biggest most uninformed dolts in the universe are finally on board.

Vick no matter how much I despise what he did should be in there next week or this season will be lost

Be realistic, do you seriously think that this team has a chance at winning anything this season?

Vick should get a shot just because Geno has been dreadful, but i'm not holding my breath that he's going to be much better.

Geno's wardrobe is as bad as his play.  This guy just makes me sick.  Rex will stay with Geno throughout the year. I don't even think its Rex's call. Idziot is making the call.

Geno is his boy.  We are stuck with Geno for the next few years. Its a deja vu scenario like it was with Sanchez.  Until his contract runs out, he is the QB. Period.  

Be realistic, do you seriously think that this team has a chance at winning anything this season?

Vick should get a shot just because Geno has been dreadful, but i'm not holding my breath that he's going to be much better.

they don't have a chance but Vick will at the very least be good for a spark this team needs. Im sick and tired of the same old crap with this team under Rex Ryan many of the mistakes and philosophies seem to cross 3 OC's the only constant Rex Ryan. Could they all be that bad ? Sure its possible but I expected more from Mornhinwig and got more of the same

cant even believe you would throw number like this out there when we have so many issues in the red zone. getting there means nothing if you cant score and turn the ball over not even coming away with 3 points. bringing up the fact we get there at a 7th best clip is absurd when we onoly score 33% of the time

Yeah, 33% probably isn't going to happen. The last team to do it was the 2012 and 2011 Chiefs, who were much much worse than the Jets on offense. The Jets haven't fallen under 50% since 2010 under a much more idiotic and soft QB. 

Archived