Jets cut Jalen Saunders and sign T.J Graham

jetsrule128

Not me bitch I value good WR talent something this team hasn't had in years.........

Seriously we have mismanaged the WR for years. Even in this draft the JETS did not get it. The two 4th round picks of WR were a waste. And Saunders pick is officially been declared dead.

Right now if I am the JETS GM i am looking at the waiver wire OR looking to raid the PS squad of some team that has too many good WR's and maybe trying to hide a player on PS OR wait for a couple of weeks more and trade with a team that has mailed it in. Those are the only opportunities till next year's FA and draft.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously we have mismanaged the WR for years. Even in this draft the JETS did not get it. The two 4th round picks of WR were a waste. And Saunders pick is officially been declared dead.

Right now if I am the JETS GM i am looking at the waiver wire OR looking to raid the PS squad of some team that has too many good WR's and maybe trying to hide a player on PS OR wait for a couple of weeks more and trade with a team that has mailed it in. Those are the only opportunities till next year's FA and draft.

They either de-value the position, or they're concerned about the bust factor at WR - which is admittedly pretty high. Idzik did spend on Decker, who was something of a proven commodity. Backing that up with a WR in the first or second round (trading up in the second?) would've been ideal.

I'm sure Saunders will find his way onto the practice squad, though.  

Id be willing to part with a 1-2 draft pick for a proven commodity at WR at this point in time draft day history is bad here I have no faith in the Jets on draft day they just don't get it.

Idzik can salvage something by puling off a trade for a good WR or CB with next years draft picks.

I repeat myself because the Rex dead-enders, most of whom despise Idzik, don't seem to grasp that the reason we're stuck with him is because all the other candidates (like Gamble, Jets PR spin through sports media outlets like the ones you posted notwithstanding) refused to take the job with Rex attached. Until this becomes more widely understood and acknowledged, I'll continue to spread the Gospel :)

Oh sure.  It was Jets PR spin that they didn't offer the job to Gamble.  He was what they wanted and the top candidate if only it weren't for Rex.  I'm not sure how Rex kept him from the Panthers, Jags, Chiefs and Chargers jobs though.

I repeat myself because the Rex dead-enders, most of whom despise Idzik, don't seem to grasp that the reason we're stuck with him is because all the other candidates (like Gamble, Jets PR spin through sports media outlets like the ones you posted notwithstanding) refused to take the job with Rex attached. Until this becomes more widely understood and acknowledged, I'll continue to spread the Gospel :)

the reason why the "good" candidates didn't want the job was because 1) there are no good candidates 2) Woody is paying bottom dollar.

Id be willing to part with a 1-2 draft pick for a proven commodity at WR at this point in time draft day history is bad here I have no faith in the Jets on draft day they just don't get it.

Idzik can salvage something by puling off a trade for a good WR or CB with next years draft picks.

I think you've demonstrated that you're willing to part with any- and everything at any given time for any WR. 

They either de-value the position, or they're concerned about the bust factor at WR - which is admittedly pretty high. Idzik did spend on Decker, who was something of a proven commodity. Backing that up with a WR in the first or second round (trading up in the second?) would've been ideal.

I'm sure Saunders will find his way onto the practice squad, though.  

You are right we needed to add to the WR position via the draft. I think whether one likes it or not the JETS did go BPA in the first two rounds. And might not hold it against them for not reaching for a WR in the first two rounds.

But i think from the 3rd round onwards they went pure need. I think they could have gone BPA which most likely would have been a player like Gabe Jackson at OG or the BPA from all their needs which would have been Montcrief. I still believe they could have got MacDougal with the Saunders 4th round pick which is now a wasted pick.

Its not that we did not draft WR's. We actually drafted 3 of them. Its who we drafted. We could have had Montcrief or Ellington or both. And i think those WR picks would have made infinitely more sense that Saunders and Evans.

I still hold some hope out for Enunwa. Let's see what happens there.

See, now THIS is something to go after Idzik for.

I'm fine with not overpaying for free agents, and building through the draft.  But if that's your strategy, you need to hit on those draft picks.  Especially in a draft as deep as this one was.  

A fourth rounder cut four weeks into the season.  Terrible. 

Benjamin is going to be great. AJ Green/Julio Jones great in a year or two. I didn't want him in the draft and boy was I wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing about Benjamin is he's old. Like 3 years older than other prospects in this class. It's not that surprising that he's pro ready. He's 24. He's playing on a team with possibly the worst WR crop in football (yes even worse than the NYJ)

The flip side is this is about as good as he gets. No way he reaches Julio Jones or AJ Green type of numbers or career. He's more pro ready than most but I don't believe he's even the best WR in this crop (could be Evans, Watkins or Cooks)

The thing about Benjamin is he's old. Like 3 years older than other prospects in this class. It's not that surprising that he's pro ready. He's 24. He's playing on a team with possibly the worst WR crop in football (yes even worse than the NYJ)

The flip side is this is about as good as he gets. No way he reaches Julio Jones or AJ Green type of numbers or career. He's more pro ready than most but I don't believe he's even the best WR in this crop (could be Evans, Watkins or Cooks)

I think he is by far the best WR this year but only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there ever any explanation for that crash Saunders was involved in?

Yes,  the young fellow had a blackout due to mini mal epilepsy seizure.   BTW--  Idzik has to do much better with next draft.!  only 5 of 12 picks are still

with the Jets.!   If we get a high pick, we gotta go QB;  then CB, then WR.  ( if we don't get WR in free agency)

Yes :)

Ideally, at seasons end we fire everyone (insert Gary Oldman gif here), go crawling back to Tom Gamble (the first choice of Woody and the search firm, who laughed and walked out of the room when Woody demanded he keep Rex as a condition of employment), and beg him on bended knee to take the job. 

Tom Gamble, the 49ers director of player personnel, has cancelled a second interview with the Jaguars in order to focus on landing a job with the Jets, according to a report from ESPN's Adam Schefter.

We detail why the move makes sense here. In short, Gamble has known Rex Ryan for more than 20 years and worked under Ryan's father, Buddy, during his first job with the Eagles.

Gamble was also a quality control coach for the Jets between 1995-96.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/01/jets_gm_search_tom_gamble_canc.html

Gamble was a Rex guy!  :lololol:

The repetition with Gamble is wrong, though. He wanted the job, and was happy to work with Rex - who he already had a relationship with. The Jets decided not to offer him the job, just like every other team with a GM opening. Those links are just what I could find in a few seconds. I remember it well, and they backed up my memory. I wanted Gamble at the time, and was surprised when not only the Jets, but no one hired him.

my dad got to talk to sal paol. suppousedly gambles was terrible in interviews and only got far from the success of the 49ers

What does Sanjay Lal do for a living?

**** up wr's? How the hell does Stephen Hill make zero progress in his time here, much less regress? Dude needs to be fired along with the rest of this coaching staff and our dumbass front office. People on here clamoring for Benjamin don't seem to realize that the Panthers had to coach him up. Dude struggled with catching, on our team he would've been the next Stephen Hill.

This draft is turning out to be a disaster.  We needed talent at the WR badly, and swung and missed on three picks, and all three were seen as reaches.  Heck, I would trade all three right now for Stephen Hill 2.0 in Martavius Bryant.  

Why can't we take a look at someone like Brandon Coleman as well?  I believe he's on the Saints PS, and atleast has potential.  I'd rather we try and develop someone with some baseline talent instead of harboring David Nelson on the team to make 2 catches for 17 yards every other game.  

Archived