Manning or Brady?

RichardSeymour

Who is the better QB?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who is the better QB?

That is a damn good analysis of Manning.

thats true. but how many times have you ever seen brady drop back and have willie mcginest or vrabel or seymour breathing down his neck?? NEVER

that oline protects the QB (brady) better than any other Oline in the nfl. I know that the colts oline allowed the fewest sacks in the nfl, but when it mattered most, that Oline crumbled and fell apart like wet newspaper

peyton manning is the better QB

if tom brady was on the colts

and

peyton manning was on the patriots

peyton would have 4 rings, brady would be no more recognized than marc bulger and have 0 rings.

I disagree.

First off, Peyton Manning, if he was a Patriot would have to play outdoors in really tough circumstances. He's never been a good bad weather QB. I watched him get completely shut out by not only The Pats but The Jets in the playoffs. Brady would never lose 41-0 on the road in the playoffs.

Plus Manning would not have Marvin Harrison and Edgerrin James with him in New England.

Let me see Manning win a superbowl with J.R. Redmond and Bethel Johnson.

Manning would not make the same big plays that Brady has made in the clutch with New England.

I'm telling you, I watch all these games. The Pats don't have superbowl rings if not for Tom Brady making crucial plays in key situations.

If Brady was a Colt, He'd make the big plays that Manning hasn't been able to do it in big situations.

Belichick didn't win any superbowls with Bernie Kosar/Vinny Testaverde or Drew Bledsoe. He had losing records with those guys. Brady doesn't get enough credit in my opinion.

thats true. but how many times have you ever seen brady drop back and have willie mcginest or vrabel or seymour breathing down his neck?? NEVER

that oline protects the QB (brady) better than any other Oline in the nfl. I know that the colts oline allowed the fewest sacks in the nfl, but when it mattered most, that Oline crumbled and fell apart like wet newspaper

That's not true.

First off, Brady's o-line is average. It's a good group but it's not exactly The Hogs.

I watched Brady getting chased by guys like Dwight Freeney and Peppers, Rucker and Kris Jenkins in the superbowl and still make plays.

Brady makes his o-line and his WR's look better than they are. This guy is not some middle of the pack manager type QB. This is an all time great in my opinion.

That's not true.

First off, Brady's o-line is average. It's a good group but it's not exactly The Hogs.

I watched Brady getting chased by guys like Dwight Freeney and Peppers, Rucker and Kris Jenkins in the superbowl and still make plays.

Brady makes his o-line and his WR's look better than they are. This guy is not some middle of the pack manager type QB. This is an all time great in my opinion.

he has great pocket presence and will step up in the pocket to buy an extra milisecond and use his quick release to find and open target

and thats another thing, his wide recievers are always SO WIDE OPEN. It really makes me mad when we play the pats, brady drops back, not a dlineman on the screen, and boom theres bethel johnson wide open across the middle. I don't think any other group of WRs run more crisp routes and find the holes in defenses better than the pats WRs.

peyton manning is the better QB

if tom brady was on the colts

and

peyton manning was on the patriots

peyton would have 4 rings, brady would be no more recognized than marc bulger and have 0 rings.

Hey barton,

The Jets are in the Super Bowl and have one game to win for the Championship of the World.

Who is your Quarterback?

Brady or Manning?

(We all know PennyBoy would never be there :lol: )

[quote name='"63Drob

he has great pocket presence and will step up in the pocket to buy an extra milisecond and use his quick release to find and open target

and thats another thing, his wide recievers are always SO WIDE OPEN. It really makes me mad when we play the pats, brady drops back, not a dlineman on the screen, and boom theres bethel johnson wide open across the middle. I don't think any other group of WRs run more crisp routes and find the holes in defenses better than the pats WRs.[/quote']

You know how WR's get that open. It's because of the QB.

Did anyone see what Brady did to Troy Polamalu is The AFC Championship game? He freaking schooled him.

Brady got Polamalu to think he's throwing one way and then throw the other way. That's the mark of a great QB.

A great QB can help his WR's get open by fooling the defense when he is in the pocket.

You are right though, The Pats WR's are better than people give them credit for. They had about 4 guys who may be not stars but who can start on any team. Branch, Givens, Patten and Brown.

Hey barton,

The Jets are in the Super Bowl and have one game to win for the Championship of the World.

Who is your Quarterback?

Brady or Manning?

it really depends on whos defense shows up? if Manning had the Patriots defense, I think even you would admit that the Pats would still have 3 super bowl titles in the last 4 years :?

Hey barton,

Who is your Quarterback?

Brady or Manning?

Alright that was a cheapshot. That was a low blow. Keep quiet TX before you make me turn on Brady here. I'm trying my best to be objective here.

Just answer my question.

You have one big game to win.

Who is your QB, Manning or Brady?

a better question would be

Who is your QB in the super bowl, if your team is down by 7 with 2 minutes to go?

my answer would be tom brady, because he has proven that in the big game. but like I said, if you put him on the colts, he wouldn't be considered a top 5 QB by any stretch of the imagination. Peyton is simply the better Quarterback.

The Patriots would have zero Superbowls if they had Manning. One, we would never get there because he would stumble in the snow against Oakland and crumble under Blitzburgh's pressure. Ditto Tennessee and Carolina in 2003 and Blitzburgh and Philly in 2004.

YJF =D> - hit the nail on the head. Peyton has to have a near perfect environment to win. He could not get the job done throwing to Harrison, Wayne, Pollard, Clark and with Edge running and catching. What is he going to do with Antowain Smith behind him? he is going to get planted about 6 times when he goes back to pass.

Peyton is a good QB and there will be a day he manages to beat the Patriots. However, if I had to pick a QB, I would choose Brady over him in any condition and situation.

Over the last two years

Other QBs have thrown 9 TDs and 7 INTs against the Pats in the playoffs.

Other QBs have averaged 22.75 ppg against the Pats in the playoffs.

Manning has thrown 1 TD and 5 INTs against the Pats in the playoffs.

Manning has averaged 8.5 ppg against the Pats in the playoffs.

If that's not choking on Manning's part I don't know what is.

](*,)

I am beginniing to think Jets' fans would not know a good QB if he came up and bit them in the a$$.

If Peyton's defense gave up 10 points he would find a way to score 9.

He faced his arch nemsis in the playoffs. A chance to validate himself. He gets the ball first and goes three and out. Completes a two yard pass on 3rd and 4.

His defense holds the Patriotsm he goes three and out again, this time going 0-2.

His defense holds the Patriots a third time. He gets the ball and moves into Patriots territory. He ends the drive with two incompletes.

The Patriots finally drive and take a 3-0 lead. 3 plays minus 12 yards.

The Patriots drive again and take a 6-0 lead. Drive ends with Rhodes fumble.

Peyton finally drives and is left off the hook when Wilson drops the INT in the endzone. He gets a FG.

The Colts defense holds the Patriots to a 3 and out to start the second half. Peyton has a 5 play drive that ends with a 3 yard completeion on a 3rd and 4.

The Patriots take a 13-3 lead. Peyton ends a 5 play drive with two incompletes. So 26 seconds into the 4th quarter, his defense has only allowed 13 points to a team that averaged 27.

Similar scenario in 2003. Patriots score. Peyton throws a pick in the endzone. Patriots score. Peyton throws a pick.

The only team I would want Peyton on is my fantasy football team.

With all due respect, turn the tides and put Brady on the Colts and Manning on the Pats for that game. Who wins?? Are you saying Brady would have taken the Colts to the SB last season? The answer is absolutely not. Peyton Manning is the better QB overall, there is no doubt. Brady is definately right there, and I am not saying Brady wins solely because of Belly and his D. But it helps tremendously. There isn't a QB in the league that has figured out how to beat the Pats in the playoffs, and probably isn't one in history that would be able to pull it off unless they had a solid D to limit the Pats O enough to win in an ugly game. Brady is great QB, and is with no question the 2nd best QB in the league. But his skillset and attributes are different, and he has tremendous coaching that puts him in a position to win. Manning has Tony Dungy, who for all intensive purposes is Herm Edwards, which ain't saying much.

Good question Booz.

Would the Patriots' coaching staff be able to overcome Manning's choking? Would Brady be able to overcome the Colts' D?

I think Manning would have trouble with the Patriots because he would never have a solid OL like he has in Indy. We all know once flustered, Manning's play is erratic. I think the Patriots would be good and without play calling responsibility, Manning might be able to go further, but ultimately he would do something to cause the team to lose.

I think the same might be true with Brady on the Colts team. They would be good and playoff bound no doubt, but would find themselves on the wrong end of a 35-31 or 31-28 score more often then not.

Good question Booz.

Would the Patriots' coaching staff be able to overcome Manning's choking? Would Brady be able to overcome the Colts' D?

I think Manning would have trouble with the Patriots because he would never have a solid OL like he has in Indy. We all know once flustered, Manning's play is erratic. I think the Patriots would be good and without play calling responsibility, Manning might be able to go further, but ultimately he would do something to cause the team to lose.

I think the same might be true with Brady on the Colts team. They would be good and playoff bound no doubt, but would find themselves on the wrong end of a 35-31 or 31-28 score more often then not.

Oh I totally disagree about Manning "choking". The only D he has a problem with is NE. He was not 'flustered' or any of that vs any other D in the league. He would have shredded PIT's D, as well as PHI's. NE is his achilles heel right now, and while I do think it is a bit of a mental thing with him now, remember NE is EVERY NFL QB's achilles heel. If you turned the tides and put Manning on NE for the past 4 years, they would have 3 SB rings as they do now. They just would have wion them more convincingly.

Again like I said, Brady has to be considered top 2, and has a great case to be considered the best. I just feel that overall Manning is a much better QB in terms of skill and ability. The cap is actually what hurts him because he is so good and demands a high $$$ contract that overall the team can't spend the money needed to field a solid D like NE. Nor is his coaching nearly at the level of NE where they make average players good, and good plahyers great. I don't know when Brady is due for his big pay day, but I do know the Pats will be facing a similar cap situation when he is.

Oh I totally disagree about Manning "choking". The only D he has a problem with is NE. He was not 'flustered' or any of that vs any other D in the league. He would have shredded PIT's D, as well as PHI's. NE is his achilles heel right now, and while I do think it is a bit of a mental thing with him now, remember NE is EVERY NFL QB's achilles heel.

In the last two years....

Other QBs have thrown 9 TDs and 7 INTs against the Pats in the playoffs.

Other QBs have averaged 22.75 ppg against the Pats in the playoffs.

Manning has thrown 1 TD and 5 INTs against the Pats in the playoffs.

Manning has averaged 8.5 ppg against the Pats in the playoffs.

Other playoff QBs have managed to throw more TDs than INTs in aggregate.

Furthermore look at opponents scores in the last 6 NE playoff games

3--- Manning throws for 238 yards, 0 TDs, 1 INT

14-- Manning implodes to the tune of 237 yards, 1 TD, 4 INTs

14-- McNair throws 210 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT in the coldest football game ever played in New England.

21-- McNabb throws for 357 yards, 3 TDs, 3 INTs

27-- Roethlisberger throws for 206 yards, 2 TDs, 3 INTs

29-- Delhomme torches the Pats for 323 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs

Manning is, IMO, the best of these quarterbacks yet the others were able to put up 14, 21, 27, and 29 points against the Pats defense, with that low number coming in a frigid defensive battle (and in a game where McNair played pretty well).

Oh I totally disagree about Manning "choking". The only D he has a problem with is NE. He was not 'flustered' or any of that vs any other D in the league. He would have shredded PIT's D, as well as PHI's. NE is his achilles heel right now, and while I do think it is a bit of a mental thing with him now, remember NE is EVERY NFL QB's achilles heel. If you turned the tides and put Manning on NE for the past 4 years, they would have 3 SB rings as they do now. They just would have wion them more convincingly.

Again like I said, Brady has to be considered top 2, and has a great case to be considered the best. I just feel that overall Manning is a much better QB in terms of skill and ability. The cap is actually what hurts him because he is so good and demands a high $$$ contract that overall the team can't spend the money needed to field a solid D like NE. Nor is his coaching nearly at the level of NE where they make average players good, and good plahyers great. I don't know when Brady is due for his big pay day, but I do know the Pats will be facing a similar cap situation when he is.

Well, everyone has a cross to bear.

I wonder if Tom Moore actually did more play calling if the Colts would be more successful? I have serious reservations that Peyton can call a good game.

It's not really "choking" when you are on the inferior team.

When the better team loses you can maybe blame it on a player "choking."

You are talking about 2 great QB's and 2 vastly different teams. Nothing against Tony Dungy but the Patriots were so well coached (offensively and defensively) with Belichick, Weiss and Crennell. They are always well prepared yet still able to make adjustments when they had to. A lot of teams can't do that.

If you put Tom Brady on last years Giants do you think Amani Toomer and Ike Hilliard would suddenly be open all the time?

Archived