Christ, I didn't like the pick but I knew he was no Montana...........

Apache 51

Thinking about draft picks in week #4

You poor bastards

unreal right? There is actually a bunch of people who think " yea Geno sucks but why play Vick even if he wins we lose draft position " what!!????..in week 4 that's our mindset ? Just crazy to me

unreal right? There is actually a bunch of people who think " yea Geno sucks but why play Vick even if he wins we lose draft position " what!!????..in week 4 that's our mindset ? Just crazy to me

In this sick universe we are not jets fans because we want jets to win games lol

lol right ? And in a year when everyone in the AFC east including the pats look mediocre I just don't get it

I have been accused of not being a jets fan for predicting Geno would stink and calling for Vick since before training camp by some of the very people who are now saying it doesn't matter if Vick wins us more games.

I have been accused of not being a jets fan for predicting Geno would stink and calling for Vick since before training camp by some of the very people who are now saying it doesn't matter if Vick wins us more games.

and as much as Rex has been god awful this year we are probably still 3-1 with even mediocre QB play...yea that would be terrible for our draft position.

and as much as Rex has been god awful this year we are probably still 3-1 with even mediocre QB play...yea that would be terrible for our draft position.

Going to the denver game with my old man and brother. Airfare, train tickets, tickets, food, probably all in 2 grand between us, Lord forgive me for hoping we get to enjoy a competitive game without high fiving after an ass kicking because "it will pay off in the draft"

Going to the denver game with my old man and brother. Airfare, train tickets, tickets, food, probably all in 2 grand between us, Lord forgive me for hoping we get to enjoy a competitive game without high fiving after an ass kicking because "it will pay off in the draft"

I would think the other 52 guys on the team would want the best player to play. if your goal is for a better draft pick, just tell the team they will do push ups if they play hard. works in practice

There's a second year QB who in 14 starts completed 59.1% of his passes threw for 3,031, 22 TDs to just 10 INTs.  There's another second year QB who in 20 starts has completed 56.8% of his passes thrown for 3,968 yards, 16 TDs to 26 INTs.  One was supplanted by a veteran FA QB and will more than likely be competing against a first round draft pick next year while the other was handed starting job.  Who is who?

Sanchez Part II .. LOL....

I'll be honest, I supported Smith last year. This year, I'm starting to see another Sanchez. He needs to be benched and I think this will be the nail in the coffin for Rex for deciding to play him. Buffalo obviously gets it, 2-2 and they're not going to tolerate mistakes and blunders and overall poor play from the QB. If a reciever keeps dropping the ball game in and game out - he's a goner. QB, being the most important position on the team should be held to even a higher standard. Since when is it OK to toss Int's, make bad decisions each game and to boot cursing out fans and YET still be starting at QB?

Sanchez Part II .. LOL....

I'll be honest, I supported Smith last year. This year, I'm starting to see another Sanchez. He needs to be benched and I think this will be the nail in the coffin for Rex for deciding to play him. Buffalo obviously gets it, 2-2 and they're not going to tolerate mistakes and blunders and overall poor play from the QB. If a reciever keeps dropping the ball game in and game out - he's a goner. QB, being the most important position on the team should be held to even a higher standard. Since when is it OK to toss Int's, make bad decisions each game and to boot cursing out fans and YET still be starting at QB?

the Geno Smith situation is because of faith. The faith that Idzik shows in him. the faith that fans show in him. It's not about actual results, or evidence. It's not about the player he is. it's about the player they hope he becomes. The idea of Geno Smith is what's keeping this job for him. The actual play of Geno Smith isn't good enough to start in this league. 

Archived