Play Simms not Vick

CobraVerde

There is no reason not to play him. May be he does suck. He still could not be worse than Geno Smith. That ship has sailed. But there is the small possibility you might catch Kurt Warner/Tony Romo lighting in a bottle.Are you gonna instead play this horror show into the ground? The season is gonna be lost anyway if you keep playing Smith. he is not an NFL QB. And again you could've done this in December, but that's done too. 

Positives are he is sharper than Smith, he grew up around the NFL, he has a strong arm. And also his college history was odd because he managed to get screwed by coaches up and leaving in bad situations and he made some dumb decisions. Let's figure he's done some growing up getting this far. We have had 2 QBs in a row that got handed the job and shat the bed. Let's at least try something different.At this point  it's the only option left. 

I saw it raised many times, but I gotta ask too.. why is Vick being paid $5,000,000. from a cheap GM when we aren't even going to play him??

That is really, really odd. That's the position  they got all 2AM at a Saturday night in Vegas at the ATM instead of a corner. And they got high and mighty about Revis' lack of reverence for contract law but go splurge on the dog killer. I may not be a fan of Ryan, but that had to kill him.

That's the problem, not the answer. Money should not factor into the decision of who to start.

I vote for Simms. It's not even a tough decision, IMO.

Zero percent chance simms gets nod over vick. Whether that is right, wrong, stupid, smart... All irrelevent because it aint happening.

You would lose the locker room so fast if Simms went in over Vick it would be epic, not a possibility, doesn't matter what we think personally of Vick, a lot of the players respect him still

I get this part of it, for sure.

It's not about the Vick and his personal history. It's about Vick and his 55% completion percentage a nd his mushy brain, and his flailing career and age.

I'm so pissed right now. Having your season over after only a month is the norm around here.

I get this part of it, for sure.

It's not about the Vick and his personal history. It's about Vick and his 55% completion percentage a nd his mushy brain, and his flailing career and age.

I'm so pissed right now. Having your season over after only a month is the norm around here.

Cant believe i am saying this but your pessimism is premature. This division is wide open and jets have yet to be blown out, even by superior teams on the road. That being said, the team cant keep doing what it is doing. In my mind, what needs to be done is clear. So lets give it a go.

U guys are crazy if you don't think Vick gives us the best chance to win. The Patriots suck we finally have an opening but this team is gunna ride the Geno train to a top 5 draft pick... And gtfo with that Simms over Vick if you know football even a little bit you should know Vick is so much better. You PETA fu*ks can go root for another team. Tom Brady loves animals did you see his photo shoots?

U guys are crazy if you don't think Vick gives us the best chance to win. The Patriots suck we finally have an opening but this team is gunna ride the Geno train to a top 5 draft pick... And gtfo with that Simms over Vick if you know football even a little bit you should know Vick is so much better. You PETA fu*ks can go root for another team. Tom Brady loves animals did you see his photo shoots?

This guy is so ahead of his time his parents haven't met yet.

If Geno is benched count me in on starting Matt Simms over Vick (though I'm not delusional - I know it won't happen).  Plain and simple - I think Simms is at least an unknown with a potentially higher upside than the mediocre (and we know it) Vick.  From the little I've seen of him, Simms has a strong arm, can scramble and is decisive.  Plus he has the Simms pedigree.

The fact that Simms will get no run this year makes this season the worst of all. After all, all the fun as a Jet fan is the speculation and the anticipation. Before the season, we are amped up in anticipation. Before the game, we are totally psyched... and the then the game starts, reality sets in, and we are nauseous. But then, there is always the anticipation that maybe the backup qb will be a savior. I admit I was dying for Tebow to get in there, hoping for a miracle run like he did with Denver. They never let him try.  The only thing that can really get me off my couch now and psyched again is if Simms is given a chance. (Vick is pretty much a known quantity, and I have a feeling his skills are severely diminished). But alas, it aint happening and this is going to be a excruciating year once again..  As Sunday approaches, the nausea of the previous week slowly fades, and anticipation again builds towards the next Sunday. But soon there will be nothing to look forward to. Not even the chance to see if we have lightning in a bottle with Simms.  Rex is staying with Geno, like he did with Sanchez, condemning us to a dull predictable season....  

Archived