case for vick just got a lot stronger

jgb

The long awaited pats decline is finally here. Cant remember them ever being embarassed on the big stage. Division can be had for 9-7. We have lost games we shouldve lost on paper anyway, albeit in heart breaking fashion. No one wouldve been surprised at a 1-3 start with this schedule. No more messing around, time to make the switch and try to steal this thing.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bills seemed to think so. I hate that I'm saying this...but Geno doesn't have the resume to survive a 3 game losing skid. Put Vick in and hope it rejuvenates the team.

You dont have to like it, just let it fill you and dont fight it

The Bills seemed to think so. I hate that I'm saying this...but Geno doesn't have the resume to survive a 3 game losing skid. Put Vick in and hope it rejuvenates the team.

I'd take Geno over Manuel every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Geno's resume certainly blows Manuel's out of the water coming into the league. 3 non-conference losses with 3/4 of the season to play is hardly enough to end Smith's run here. 

Throwing in a 34 YO QB who hasn't been healthy since 2012 and completed 60% of his passes once in his career, 4 years ago, is probably not going to have the results imagined or hoped for. 

I'd take Geno over Manuel every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Geno's resume certainly blows Manuel's out of the water coming into the league. 3 non-conference losses with 3/4 of the season to play is hardly enough to end Smith's run here.

Throwing in a 34 YO QB who hasn't been healthy since 2012 and completed 60% of his passes once in his career, 4 years ago, is probably not going to have the results imagined or hoped for.

Vick is currently healthy and has the ability to win games. Manuel stinks and right now Geno stinks. Everyone has good stats in college.

We're payjng Vick 5 mill and were on a 3 game losing streak. This is hands down the worst division in football...what's there to lose?

Vick is currently healthy and has the ability to win games. Manuel stinks and right now Geno stinks. Everyone has good stats in college.

We're payjng Vick 5 mill and were on a 3 game losing streak. This is hands down the worst division in football...what's there to lose?

Yes, and Geno's were significantly better than many others. It's all relative and margins yada yada...

Playing Vick pretty much means they've quit on the season...So the thing to lose is the season....a foolish thing to squander because the team is 1-3 with all losses being against three of the better non-conference teams. Throw in the fact that the Jets were in every single one of those losses in the last quarter, two down to the last play, and calling for Vick is just the usual fans being fans and overreacting to things only they can afford to overreact to. 

Yes, and Geno's were significantly better than many others. It's all relative and margins yada yada...

Playing Vick pretty much means they've quit on the season...So the thing to lose is the season....a foolish thing to squander because the team is 1-3 with all losses being against three of the better non-conference teams. Throw in the fact that the Jets were in every single one of those losses in the last quarter, two down to the last play, and calling for Vick is just the usual fans being fans and overreacting to things only they can afford to overreact to.

Nt overreacting to attemot to correct the one variable than most directly caused us to lose those three games. If we had a kicker missing FGs in those close game, Folk would be long gone.

Nt overreacting to attemot to correct the one variable than most directly caused us to lose those three games. If we had a kicker missing FGs in those close game, Folk would be long gone.

Who/What decided that there was exactly one reason/variable they lost three whole games? Is 3 losses some kind of NFL record? There's so much outright wrong and/or lazy in this thought process. 

See....we can sit here and imagine away all day that simply swapping Smith for a 35 with a laundry list of injuries and a long history of mediocre or outright bad passing will save everything, but the Jets actually have to deal with the consequences of that both long and short term. 

Geno's got at least 3 more starts this season. 

Who/What decided that there was exactly one reason/variable they lost three whole games? Is 3 losses some kind of NFL record? There's so much outright wrong and/or lazy in this thought process.

I said one variable most directly related, not the sole variable. We are fortunate to have the ability to change that variable. Time to avail ourselves of that opportunity. If you are insinuating it is an opinion, ok fine i will concede that. Not sure what that buys you, but yes it is my opinion that geno's historically bad play is the primary reason we have lost those games.

So what happens if Vick plays like Vick has the past two seasons and turns the ball over on a whim and generally sucks ? What happens then ? And starting Matt Simms is not the correct answer.

Then you evaluate the situation at that time and make the best decision you can with the available information at hand. There are never any guarantees, hardly an excuse to enter paralysis out of fear of things being worse. I double down when dealt an 11. Does it always work out? Of course not but you have to make the best call with what you understand the situation to be at that moment.

We know the division is wide open and geno is struggling mightily. It is an easy decision. That doesn't mean it is a guarantee or that if it doesn't work out it wasnt the right call at the time.

Then you evaluate the situation at that time and make the best decision you can with the available information at hand. There are never any guarantees, hardly an excuse to enter paralysis out of fear of things being worse. I double down when dealt an 11. Does it always work out? Of course not but you have to make the best call with what you understand the situation to be at that moment.

We know the division is wide open and geno is struggling mightily. It is an easy decision. That doesn't mean it is a guarantee or that if it doesn't work out it wasnt the right call at the time.

So what are you saying champ ?

I said one variable most directly related, not the sole variable. We are fortunate to have the ability to change that variable. Time to avail ourselves of that opportunity. If you are insinuating it is an opinion, ok fine i will concede that. Not sure what that buys you, but yes it is my opinion that geno's historically bad play is the primary reason we have lost those games.

It's still something you kinda just made up anyway. Everyone can change their QB, the Jets aren't in some super unique position where their backup is clearly better than their starter. 

It's still something you kinda just made up anyway. Everyone can change their QB, the Jets aren't in some super unique position where their backup is clearly better than their starter.

No, but we are in the super unique situation of having a starter perform at historically terrible levels. 3rd worst starting 20 games in history, someone has mentioned.

So basically, there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to what you're saying. It's an easy decision for you because the only thing you're shooting for is some kind of headline making change. Getting better and winning is secondary to just reacting fan properly to a whopping 3 losses...

Vick probably sucks and if there's anything at all left in the tank it is almost definitely not going to last 12 games. 

So basically, there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to what you're saying. It's an easy decision for you because the only thing you're shooting for is some kind of headline making change. Getting better and winning is secondary to just reacting to a whopping 3 losses...

Vick probably sucks and if there's anything at all left in the tank it is almost definitely not going to last 12 games.

Hey characterize my opinion any way you want with one of your own. Thats how opinions work.

Geno has never murdered innocent dogs. I would prefer to finish 1-15 than have Vick start. If Vick were to start, I would be rooting for every defense we play to break his spine.

Actually he killed dogs (the innocent part is redundant, all animals are innocent). Murder is reserved for humans.

But yes what he did is horrendous and cruel. And if those acts are unforgivable to you and you believe he deserves to lose his livlihood over it despite paying for the crime in the way that society has collectively decided is appropriate, you are within your conscience to root against him. I am glad that you are honest that this view has nothing to do with Geno's performance. But the time to be outraged was when the team gave him 5 million. If you didn't walk from the team then, what changed for you now that he may be asked to go earn that money?

No, but we are in the super unique situation of having a starter perform at historically terrible levels. 3rd worst starting 20 games in history, someone has mentioned.

Sounds like something else you just made up. I know that the NFL works alot like Orwell's 1984 where the latest thing is pretty much the only thing that's ever been and ever was, but Geno is not performing at historically terrible levels and probably isn't even all that close. Sanchez 2013 is historically terrible. Smith 2014 is all of one bad game - not anywhere near Sanchezian bad either - coming against the hottest team in the NFC.

Basically, I find the points against Smith to be absolute rubbish at this point. The whole "well it doesn't really matter what Vick does because at least it's different" mentality is SOJfans. I admit this is way better than pining for Simms, so there is that....

Sounds like something else you just made up. I know that the NFL works alot like Orwell's 1984 where the latest thing is pretty much the only thing that's ever been and ever was, but Geno is not performing at historically terrible levels and probably isn't even all that close. Sanchez 2013 is historically terrible. Smith 2014 is all of one bad game - not anywhere near Sanchezian bad either - coming against the hottest team in the NFC.

Basically, I find the points against Smith to be absolute rubbish at this point. The whole "well it doesn't really matter what Vick does because at least it's different" mentality is SOJfans. I admit this is way better than pining for Simms, so there is that....

Well if your response to everything is "you just made that up!" A continuation of the exercise is futile. Have a nice night. Pats lost we can all agree that is a good thing.

Archived