So On The Day That The Patriots Dynasty Dies The Jets Aren't Ready To Take The Baton

SAR I

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez pick set us back over half of a decade.

Yes, and not only that they constantly surrounded him with vets here today gone tomorrow  they played for right now and got burned and now they are paying big. The only salvation is the young D, but the Jets have to get an Offense together.

Dont count them out yet. The team has hung in there against top notch qbs. But for mistakes by our young qb, we wouldve likely won 1 or 2 of them. If we had Alex Smith or gag even Ryan Fitzpatrick, we would be in better shape than with Vick, but the cards have been dealt so let's play the hand.

I said it somewhere yesterday... if the Pats won yesterday, we keep playing Geno and accept this as a rough sophomore year for the rebuild. If the Pats lost, then we legit have to consider pulling Geno the minute he starts struggling every game going forward. Name Vick the starter this week? No. Not necessary, but be willing to yank Geno if he's the sole reason we are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? Hell yes. If we are losing for reasons beyond Geno (which has really been the case the past few weeks), then I'm not in as big a rush to see Vick.

I don't want to root for Mike Vick. However, I love this football team and have hated many, many, many of its "employees" over the years. 

I want Rex to get it. I want Geno to get it. I want the God Damn Jets to get it.

Especially with the division being as up for grabs as I can ever remember it.

5 Oct 05 CIN @ NE Gillette Stadium 8:30 PM Tickets NBC

6 Oct 12 NE @ BUF Ralph Wilson Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX      

7 Oct 16 NYJ @ NE Gillette Stadium 8:25 PM Tickets CBS      

8 Oct 26 CHI @ NE Gillette Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX      

9 Nov 02 DEN @ NE Gillette Stadium 4:25 PM Tickets CBS      

10 Bye  

11 Nov 16 NE @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 8:30 PM Tickets NBC      

12 Nov 23 DET @ NE Gillette Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX      

13 Nov 30 NE @ GB Lambeau Field 4:25 PM Tickets CBS      

14 Dec 07 NE @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 8:30 PM Tickets NBC      

15 Dec 14 MIA @ NE Gillette Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS      

16 Dec 21 NE @ NYJ MetLife Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS      

17 Dec 28 BUF @ NE Gillette Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS  

New England is going to have their own murderous stretch in about a month 

Chicago, Denver Indy,Detroit, Green Bay and San Diego.

Few things...

Counting out the NEP after one loss is absurd.

Even if they are slipping, remember this is the AFCE with the Bills Phins and Jets. NEP wins the division with that competition.

Even more absurd is thinking the NYJ have a chance to suddenly win 2 out of the next three with Vick on the field.

This team needs to get a top 3 pick, and to fire Rex and Hire Jim Harbaugh (it looks more likely he will be available) or Bevell.

Remember, this is the defensive genius who's team NEVER makes an important stop and uses Coples as a DB. HE'S GOTTA GO.

It does look like Harbaugh will be available.  It also looks like he is an odds on favorite to go to the Fish.  It's no coincidence that Mike T is his agent, and Mike is also a paid consultant to the Fish 

First, I hate the Pats, but they are 2-2 and I would not bury them just yet.

While I see your point and there's a very real chance the Pats still take the division, I don't think it's much their record as how they got to it.  Both of their losses were absolute disasters that were even uglier than the complete messes we've seen from the Jets this season.  On top of that, one of their two wins was an even more painful performance against the Raiders than the Jets had.  That leaves you with one quality performance against the Cassel-led Vikings.

Perhaps more important than all of that however is that Brady has looked like crap this season, which seems to be a continuing trend of his performances in recent years.  All of this may still not be enough to let the likes of the Bills, Phins, or Jets take the division, but the Pats still look nothing like a team that is supposed to be amongst the league's best.

Few things...

Counting out the NEP after one loss is absurd.

Even if they are slipping, remember this is the AFCE with the Bills Phins and Jets. NEP wins the division with that competition.

Even more absurd is thinking the NYJ have a chance to suddenly win 2 out of the next three with Vick on the field.

This team needs to get a top 3 pick, and to fire Rex and Hire Jim Harbaugh (it looks more likely he will be available) or Bevell.

Remember, this is the defensive genius who's team NEVER makes an important stop and uses Coples as a DB. HE'S GOTTA GO.

Exactly. To assume that we can turn around our bad start, but that the Patriots cannot is beyond naive.

C'mon...Kotite era?..we're hurting right now but we have not reached that level...Try 1-8 and we'll be standing at the edge of the Kotite pit again ready to fall in.

It takes more than a 1 - 3 start to reach Kotite

We are already at 1-6.

Worse, we are being led by a less competent head coach than Kotite ever was.

SAR I

That's right, the Sanchez debacle set us back and when your HC pretty much tells everyone on introduction day he won't be involved in offense you better have the right people working that side of the ball. They still have a chance they are young work through Geno, try to get some talent for whoever plays Qb, and pray, they have 4 years.

I can't buy into the rebuilding plan anymore. The Patriots are falling apart. Manning will hang them up too. No dominant team in the AFC. No more time for patience.

Idzik and Rex have to go. Get Jim Harbaugh in here, give him complete autonomy. In Jets history, every time we flop coaches from "players coach" to "disciplinarian" it works out very well:

Kotite: Players coach

Parcells: Disciplinarian

Edwards: Players coach

Mangini: Disciplinarian

Ryan: Players coach

From 1998-2010 the Jets averaged 9.5 wins per season with a healthy quarterback and we had 5 coaching changes in that span. Time to pull the move again, get a veteran QB in here, let's go.

SAR I

No one from this division is winning the super bowl this year so what does it matter. Even if we somehow managed to win the division this year and actually hosted a playoff game for once we'd have very little shot at beating out a team like the Bengals or Broncos or Chargers who objectively have so much more talent than anyone in our division does.

I can't buy into the rebuilding plan anymore. The Patriots are falling apart. Manning will hang them up too. No dominant team in the AFC. No more time for patience.

Idzik and Rex have to go. Get Jim Harbaugh in here, give him complete autonomy. In Jets history, every time we flop coaches from "players coach" to "disciplinarian" it works out very well:

Kotite: Players coach

Parcells: Disciplinarian

Edwards: Players coach

Mangini: Disciplinarian

Ryan: Players coach

From 1998-2010 the Jets averaged 9.5 wins per season with a healthy quarterback and we had 5 coaching changes in that span. Time to pull the move again, get a veteran QB in here, let's go.

SAR I

I'm fine with moving on from Rex and getting a significantly different coach in here, but you're seriously claiming Mangini worked out "very well"?  Really?

I'm fine with moving on from Rex and getting a significantly different coach in here, but you're seriously claiming Mangini worked out "very well"?  Really?

I'll start by saying nothing worked out very well for the Jets ever. That's fairly (sadly) true.

What I mean is that Edwards lost the team, we're 4-12, we looked like we'd be a rebuilding mess, Mangini comes aboard, BOOM, 10-6 playoff berth. Each time we swap head coaches, BOOM, playoff berth instead of a lengthy rebuild. Parcells, Edwards, Mangini, Ryan.....they all inherit a mess, BOOM, playoff berth. The talent has been here, just the yin/yang style of the head coaches burns the players out (disciplinarian) or has them lazy (players coach).

Feels like it's time for Woody to let history repeat itself.

SAR I

Who is the best QB and HC in the division?  Brady and BB.

Get your jollies about last night, it was super fun to watch, but this team still wins the division. 

Dont kid yourselves .

Probably true but there is a crack of daylight and the HC and his staff owe it to the players and yes the fans to try to capitalize on it.

No one from this division is winning the super bowl this year so what does it matter. Even if we somehow managed to win the division this year and actually hosted a playoff game for once we'd have very little shot at beating out a team like the Bengals or Broncos or Chargers who objectively have so much more talent than anyone in our division does.

I understand what you are saying but I don't buy it. I still derive entertainment value and (sometimes) enjoyment from watching the games, reading about the team, even posting on here. To say that any season where a title isn't won "doesn't matter," is too fatalistic for my tastes.

Who is the best QB and HC in the division?  Brady and BB.

Get your jollies about last night, it was super fun to watch, but this team still wins the division. 

Dont kid yourselves .

This.

None of the rest, us, Buff or Mia., are remotely good enough at this point.

It does look like Harbaugh will be available.  It also looks like he is an odds on favorite to go to the Fish.  It's no coincidence that Mike T is his agent, and Mike is also a paid consultant to the Fish 

Michigan is going to hand him the keys to the kingdom at his alma mater. Harbaugh's screamer act can fly in college because the cast changes every 4-5 years and the HC is a god. 

In the NFL that gets old fast unless you get regular rings and/or a franchise QB falls in your lap. 

Michigan is going to hand him the keys to the kingdom at his alma mater. Harbaugh's screamer act can fly in college because the cast changes every 4-5 years and the HC is a god. 

In the NFL that gets old fast unless you get regular rings and/or a franchise QB falls in your lap. 

Yeah.  Very possible.  Depends how much gold is attached to those keys.  Ross is desperate, in spite of the blow out win over the Raiders, the Fish are a worst dumpster fire then the Jets, by far

Not yet.

part of the job description for NFL GM is the ability to draft and field a competent team, no?  

For all of Rex's faults, and there are many, Idzik has not fielded an NFL quality team in either season.   Last year the Jets were signing players off the street and starting them at WR.   This year it's CB and WR again.  

the 3rd leg of the tripod of ineffectiveness is marty morningwhig.   I'm not sure why he gets a free pass.   It seems like Philly improved when he left and Andy Reid seems to be doing just fine in KC w/o him.   the play-calling, particularly in the redzone, has been terrible.  

No, he isn't

Idzik is the perfect example of the "Peter Principle" as he reached the level of his incompetence.   He is a walking inconsistency who is in over his head.  

on one hand he preaches "no turds" and then proceeds to sign Goodsen and Patterson - 2 turds of epic proportions.  

he preaches "building through the draft" but he can't draft. 

he preaches "competition" but hands the QB job to Geno after signing Vick

he preaches "drafting BPA" but then panics based on his FA misadventures.  

the Jets cut 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rd picks - from this year's draft.   I'm not sure that has even happened in the history of the NFL.  

Idzik is definitely complicit. 

Archived