Tom Brady: 'Sometimes We Don't Have a Great Crowd' at Gillette Stadium

TuscanyTile2

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2014/10/tom_brady_sometimes_we_dont_have_a_great_crowd.html

We're not in Kansas City anymore.

The nation saw -- and heard -- how Arrowhead Stadium took back the record for loudest outdoor stadium when the noise level reached 142.2 decibels Monday night when the Chiefs clobbered the Patriots.

Now Tom Brady & Co. return to face the Bengals Sunday night in the cozy confines of Gillette Stadium -- a place loaded with luxury boxes, Putnam Club seats, and an open end that just sucks the noise out onto Route 1.

During his weekly appearance on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan show Wednesday morning, Brady was asked if he wished Gillette were as loud as Arrowhead when the home team takes the field.

“We can’t focus on how loud we cheer or the chants that we have," Brady said. "Our stadium has been very loud at times and we’ve got sometimes a great crowd, sometimes we don’t have a great crowd. Sometimes it’s not as loud as it may be for other teams, but the better we play, the louder it will be so we’re going to focus on trying to play better. We’ve got a great home record over the years. I think we always play pretty well at home. Our communication is always pretty good. Our fans, they come, they cheer for us. We as players, we’re going to do the best we can. We’re going to try to make plays that excite the crowd and get them going.

"It all ties together. When it goes good, it’s great. When it doesn’t go good, I know it sucks for us, it sucks for you guys, it sucks for our fans, it sucks for our families. It’s not the way that you ever want it to go, but it’s the situation we’re in and it’s going to take some mental toughness to dig our way out of it, because there’s no one that’s feeling sorry for the Patriots, and nor do we want that. This isn’t a pity party, it’s highly competitive football. And if you’re not into highly competitive football then you probably won’t be on our team."

This isn't the first time Brady has addressed the crowd issue at Gillette Stadium.

Brady famously tackled the issue before the 2011 home opener against the San Diego Chargers when he advised Patriots fans to "start drinking early."

"Yeah, start drinking early," Brady said with a snicker leading into the 2011 opener at Gillette. "Get nice and rowdy. It's a 4:15 game, a lot of time to get lubed up. Come out here, and cheer for the home team."

The Patriots later clarified the "drinking early" remark on behalf of Brady, telling the assembled media, "He meant 'stay hydrated, drink a lot of water. Be loud, drink responsibly.'"

Brady took a lot of heat for the remark and really hasn't said much off the cuff in any interviews since.

Read the rest at the URL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry there won't be as many soon enough as the bandwagoneers make their move to "support" Seattle because they "got an aunt out there errrrr... Something" or the bengals because "skyline chili is my favorite food"

Ha ha at this thread..The insecure speak again..lol

What will be the next pats thread to be made...how brady and kraft forgot to pay the girl scouts....

You really brought it with this one. Not sure how anyone is going to come back... 

hey ghost

what should we admire about the past*?

the murderer hernandez ?

the cheater belicheat?

the rapist christian peter ?

the leagues dirtiest player rodney harrison ?

the bribes from belicheat to his mistress?

belicheat stealing 1,000,000 from a dead man ?

krafty tempering with belicheat on the side of the road leading to the past* losing a draft pick ?

joshie goes to denver and gets caught cheating so he has to come back to belicheat ?

getting humiliated by the bears in the SB ?  the past* were scared to take the field that day lol

I mean how do you even admit you are a past* fan in public ?

that must be embarrasing

Ha ha who said u had to admire the pats..lol what!!??

Then again u could always admire New York jets..* Shrug shoulders*

oh I get it you are to young to remember all the humiliating stuff

ok, just stick with brady sucks then, lol

True, we can't throw stones....as a crowd in Metlife...our chants tend to be pretty weak. Our stadium presence is not so good....we never get as loud as KC or Seattle. The loudestI ever heard it was the playoff victory over the colts....outside of that, we are not a loud crowd.

LL

True, we can't throw stones....as a crowd in Metlife...our chants tend to be pretty weak. Our stadium presence is not so good....we never get as loud as KC or Seattle. The loudestI ever heard it was the playoff victory over the colts....outside of that, we are not a loud crowd.

LL

Fireman Ed quit and wont come back.

Brady told the truth.

NE fans are not loud.

Pat Reign what do you think the atmosphere will be like at Gillete for the game against the bengals? What will it sound like if the Bengals take an early lead? Do you start hearing chants for "JIMMY G"?

I guess I don't see why Brady's remarks are all that controversial.

I'm enjoying the demise of the Patsies, though. I only wish it coincided with success for the Jets.

Leading up to the 2015 draft, this may be all Jets fans have to look forward to on Sundays.

Pat Reign what do you think the atmosphere will be like at Gillete for the game against the bengals? What will it sound like if the Bengals take an early lead? Do you start hearing chants for "JIMMY G"?

Like a funeral atmosphere.

Maybe Jimmy G chants if Brady continues to struggle. Christopher Price says that Brady is injured.

hey ghost

what should we admire about the past*?

the murderer hernandez ?

the cheater belicheat?

the rapist christian peter ?

the leagues dirtiest player rodney harrison ?

the bribes from belicheat to his mistress?

belicheat stealing 1,000,000 from a dead man ?

krafty tempering with belicheat on the side of the road leading to the past* losing a draft pick ?

joshie goes to denver and gets caught cheating so he has to come back to belicheat ?

getting humiliated by the bears in the SB ? the past* were scared to take the field that day lol

I mean how do you even admit you are a past* fan in public ?

that must be embarrasing

Sure beats not playing in a Super Bowl in the last 45 years.

Nothing more embarrassing the that.

Archived