Get Beat Like A Pinata for Mariota

neckdemon

1. The Giants are grooming their new OC to be their next head coach when Coughlin eventually retires, and

2. Harbaugh would consider taking the Jets job if we offered him a) more $ than anyone else, and b ) full control of the operation; both are within our ability to offer, the only question is whether Woody is prepared to make such an offer.

empire-sports-jim-harbaugh-traded-clevel

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw extensive highlights of Cook. 6'4 218. BIg kid. He is a cross breed of Manning/Rivers/Roman Gabriel. Excellent touch, strong arm, posied, smart decision making, good pocket presence.   I really really like what I saw. But there's no way you draft Cooper AND Cook. Either one or the other. Both will be gone by pick 8. Petty from Baylor is an early sleeper I also like.  

I did not necessarily see Cook as a Top 10 pick - was thinking back half of the first round.  If he is a top 8 pick, then you are right, no way we get them both.  If he gets by the top 10 to 12 picks, most teams are set at QB beyond that and I would hope maybe he can drop to the 20s and we can move back up into the end of the first round.  At this time last year, nobody thought Bridgewater would last to 32.  Maybe I am hoping against hope, but I want a pro style QB -- not another spread guy like Geno --  I want a guy who takes snaps from under center, know what it is to read defenses and knows how to go through progressions.

Nice Roman Gabriel reference -- don't see too many of those these days.

Archived