So what does the start Vick crowd have to say now ?

JetsFanInDenver

haha so 20 games isn't enough to evaluate geno, and even if it were, his weapons stink so we still can't really come to a conclusion. but throw vick in there, who never got to run with first team in practice or get a real shot to compete for the job, for a half with the same weapons that were too deficient to make a judgment on geno, and then you have all the data you need to play "told you so." forgive me for not taking this thread seriously. not to mention, no one thought vick was a savior. just that continuing without doing anything was becoming indefensible and maybe a benching would light a fire under geno. lets see how vick does with a week of practicing with the first team goes.

• Upvote 1

No QB is succeeding with this current group of WR's. Decker was a start...but one injury completely shuts down the group as a whole(as it's garbage). No one has the ability to get open. 

The Sanchez teams had an identity with the best run blocking line in football...we have nothing to fall back on. If there's a long term goal in mind here, Idzik better speak up..because as if now his reputation is in the toilet. Firing Rex tomorrow would be a start.

So the start Vick thing did not really work out. Think he was 1/11 at one point of time which was well into garbage time.  What happened ?

He needed to start the game to find his rhythm.  He needs to practice with the first team.  He should be given more chances like Geno got....

Hope that covers the excuses.

• Upvote 3

LOL. Who you are you kidding, jgb?  You really though that he was going to put up a show and demonstrate the world how horrible Geno actually is. 

glad you are here to tell me what i thought considering it was never said

actually it does otherwise why practice at all?

and why do QB's stay after and work on the timing with their WR's?

or hold camps to get extra practice time with their WR's?

vick sucks. this team sucks. most of all our offense as a whole is not nfl level. vick getting more reps with the #1's will not change this. if you believe it will you are setting yourself up for a nice letdown next week.

very funny that same people who said 20 games of horrendous play not enough to judge geno but ready to bury vick after coming in cold for 30 minutes of football with no first team reps WITH THE SAME WEAPONS.

yeah i know. vick failed because he didn't come in and throw a 100 yard behind the back off the jumbotron pass before mangold even hiked him the ball TD.

yeah i know. vick failed because he didn't come in and throw a 100 yard behind the back off the jumbotron pass before mangold even hiked him the ball TD.

Rex showing his idiocy by flipping back to Geno. Looks like a clueless dolt. Make the switch and live with it for at least a full game or don't make it at all

Rex showing his idiocy by flipping back to Geno. Looks like a clueless dolt. Make the switch and live with it for at least a full game or don't make it at all

totally agree, and why the rush to name him the starter 5 minutes after a game where he threw for 7 yards??..more idiocy....why can't he ever just use the coach speak ....no comment, I'll look at the tape ..etc etc

Does it really matter? The entire offense needs to start over from scratch. Brick and Mangold arent even good anymore.

Very few fans seem to pick up on this. This is one of the reasons why if we miss out on a franchise QB in the first round next year, I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed Andrus Peat instead, who looks like he'll be an All-Pro LT for the next decade.

Very few fans seem to pick up on this. This is one of the reasons why if we miss out on a franchise QB in the first round next year, I wouldn't be upset if we grabbed Andrus Peat instead, who looks like he'll be an All-Pro LT for the next decade.

if wrecks is the coach we are drafting defense first round anyway.

Looked better than Geno to me....I saw at least two drops (both from Kerley?) that would have been first downs but were punts instead.  Interested to see how PFF rates them.  Geno also didn't start the game with a 21 pt deficit....Geno wasn't even close on most of his "throws".

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Looked better than Geno to me....I saw at least two drops (both from Kerley?) that would have been first downs but were punts instead.  Interested to see how PFF rates them.  Geno also didn't start the game with a 21 pt deficit....Geno wasn't even close on most of his "throws".

and geno had a full weeks work with first string. but doesn't matter. rex sticking with smith. whether you think switching to vick was right/wrong, you have to admit flip flopping around is amateur as hell.

and geno had a full weeks work with first string. but doesn't matter. rex sticking with smith. whether you think switching to vick was right/wrong, you have to admit flip flopping around is amateur as hell.

True...but as I said in an earlier thread, give Geno his 32 starts and move forward after the season. They'll win enough games to pick in the top-10 but not top-5.