So what does the start Vick crowd have to say now ?

JetsFanInDenver

True...but as I said in an earlier thread, give Geno his 32 starts and move forward after the season. They'll win enough games to pick in the top-10 but not top-5.  

id prefer to have just kept geno in, rather than geno out, vick in, vick out, geno in, geno out... rex so indecisive. make your decision and then roll with it. i think the person's confidence we should most be worried about isn't geno's, but rex's.

I mean, he was coming in really cold...

..but the problems with this offense are about so much more than the starting QB. I just can't figure out why everyone doesn't see that. The only QBs that would have had a chance winning with this team today would have been Peyton and Rodgers, maybe a couple others. Just a chance with those guys, not even a good chance.

id prefer to have just kept geno in, rather than geno out, vick in, vick out, geno in, geno out... rex so indecisive. make your decision and then roll with it. i think the person's confidence we should most be worried about isn't geno's, but rex's.

Exactly...down by 21 gave them close to no chance...Vick should have been coming in the past few games when improved play could have meant a win.  May as well let Geno and his completion keep playing today.

Exactly...down by 21 gave them close to no chance...Vick should have been coming in the past few games when improved play could have meant a win.  May as well let Geno and his completion keep playing today.

rex is reeling. has lost confidence in his own decisions. time to old yeller him and move on. a coach without confidence is worthless.

rex is reeling. has lost confidence in his own decisions. time to old yeller him and move on. a coach without confidence is worthless.

I'm not ready to say that just yet...Having a terrible QB situation isn't new in this league, and I don't think anyone believes it's solely Rex making the call at QB.  Idzik has some say here.

I'm not ready to say that just yet...Having a terrible QB situation isn't new in this league, and I don't think anyone believes it's solely Rex making the call at QB.  Idzik has some say here.

rex's entire tenure QB situation has been somewhere between dog turd and gum on bottom of shoe. sanchez's first 2 years are now fondly remembered as "the golden years" of rex's time here.

If his issues were rhythm and timing and communication. Unfortunately his issues were inaccuracy, running backwards, et al. Those looked an awful lot like Geno

a half versus 20 games of suck. the hard decision was already made. we gonna get slaughtered by denver anyway. why rex wouldn't roll with vick for one full game at this point makes no sense. would've been better to just leave geno in.

i honestly think rex did this to shut the fan base up. put vick in an impossible situation with no prep, knowing he was unlikely to light it up, so he can go back to blind loyalty to "his guy"

a half versus 20 games of suck. the hard decision was already made. we gonna get slaughtered by denver anyway. why rex wouldn't roll with vick for one full game at this point makes no sense. would've been better to just leave geno in.

i honestly think rex did this to shut the fan base up. put vick in an impossible situation with no prep, knowing he was unlikely to light it up, so he can go back to blind loyalty to "his guy"

Is it so hard to imagine that they both suck? As does the rest of the offense?

He needed to start the game to find his rhythm.  He needs to practice with the first team.  He should be given more chances like Geno got....

Hope that covers the excuses.

Hahaha...you covered them all.

That's why he was 1/11 well into garbage time. I mean was so cold off the bench it gave Coors a complex.

In a normal situation when you replace your starting QB with his backup at the half  its called a panic move. On top of that when its announced that the starting QB will start next week again it really is counted as poor decision. 

But in this case whether its planned or unplanned this was a master move. Putting Vick in to provide a "spark" was a win win move. If Vick performed the JETS would have a legit starter for the season. If Vick failed in that half it would take a world of pressure off Geno's shoulders because it silences all of media and certain part of fan base who were screaming for Vick to start. After Vick's disastrous performance the media and the somewhat sane part of the fan base now realizes Vick is not the answer and maybe even worse. So Geno takes the field next week with a lot of the pressures of the world of his shoulders. It gives him the best environment to succeed.

If i am the JETS coach now i make an announcement that he starts all season long. The JETS evaluate him and if he does not cut it than they should draft a QB in the 1st round next season. That should be gameplan going forward.

In a normal situation when you replace your starting QB with his backup at the half  its called a panic move. On top of that when its announced that the starting QB will start next week again it really is counted as poor decision. 

But in this case whether its planned or unplanned this was a master move. Putting Vick in to provide a "spark" was a win win move. If Vick performed the JETS would have a legit starter for the season. If Vick failed in that half it would take a world of pressure off Geno's shoulders because it silences all of media and certain part of fan base who were screaming for Vick to start. After Vick's disastrous performance the media and the somewhat sane part of the fan base now realizes Vick is not the answer and maybe even worse. So Geno takes the field next week with a lot of the pressures of the world of his shoulders. It gives him the best environment to succeed.

If i am the JETS coach now i make an announcement that he starts all season long. The JETS evaluate him and if he does not cut it than they should draft a QB in the 1st round next season. That should be gameplan going forward.

i dont know what is worse.

that we dont have a good qb on the roster or that our starter is playing as bad as a washed up old backup (vick)

yep a big **** you to the fans..............the guy is a douche.

In a normal situation when you replace your starting QB with his backup at the half its called a panic move. On top of that when its announced that the starting QB will start next week again it really is counted as poor decision.

"A master move" is rarely so absurdly transparent

Archived