Geno Smith missed Saturday night meeting

Matt39

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously where is the rage??? guy misses the last meeting before gameday, with the team collapsing and his own job being questioned, locker room strife bubbling up from everywhere, media circling like sharks, pats (at the time) looking wounded and beatable, maybe last chance to turn the season around and prove your doubters wrong... AND YOU ARE AT THE FRICKIN MOVIES???? ALONE???? and the best lie you can come up with is "i forgot to reset my watch when i got off the plane??" (which is obviously bullsh*t because he must've known what time the movie started)  and worse yet: THE COACH BUYS IT AND THERE ARE NO CONSEQUENCES???

michael strahan used to complain about coghlin fining guys for being 5 minutes late to meetings. but eventually strahan became a believer, saying (paraphrase) if you have a coach who teaches to you to be accountable to yourself, you will also be accountable to your teammates.

Seriously where is the rage??? guy misses the last meeting before gameday, with the team collapsing and his own job being questioned, locker room strife bubbling up from everywhere, media circling like sharks, pats (at the time) looking wounded and beatable, maybe last chance to turn the season around and prove your doubters wrong... AND YOU ARE AT THE FRICKIN MOVIES???? ALONE???? and the best lie you can come up with is "i forgot to reset my watch when i got off the plane??" (which is obviously bullsh*t because he must've known what time the movie started) and worse yet: THE COACH BUYS IT AND THERE ARE NO CONSEQUENCES???

michael strahan used to complain about coghlin fining guys for being 5 minutes late to meetings. but eventually strahan became a believer, saying (paraphrase) if you have a coach who teaches to you to be accountable to yourself, you will also be accountable to your teammates.

agreed 100% here, IMO this should be the biggest story today in jet land...the fact that this happened and he started the game? Someone in the organization needs to answer this

I hear what you're saying, but he gets to draft/sign one more QB.

It's not just about the QB.  The Seahawks were terrible at finding a QB until Wilson beat out Matt Flynn.  But they spend a lot of time trading for, signing, etc that "right" QB.     But they were also building a good team.     Idzik and the Jets so far aren't building anything so even if they get lucky next year and wind up with some great QB in the 3rd round,  the team still stinks.     And we hope the young guys get better, but so far most of Idziks' picks and signings have not been something where you can say "next year he will find some great players" and those guys will contribute as soon as possible.

Didn't think of this but someone just pointed it out on wfan...if it was the time change he would've been 3 hours early not 3 hours late

This.

Plus, if it was a time change problem, how was he on time for the movie but late for the meeting?

Aside from this being a terrible team, we've had some truly bizarre incidents unfold over the course of Idzik's tenure.

Goodson incident set the tone for Idzik why he wasn't immediately cut is a question of morale character that Idzik needs to enforce on this team otherwise you get the results you get on and off the field

It's that...or Gruden, with full control.

The Jets can't afford Gruden, and he doesn't want this job. (well they could afford him but there's no reason to believe Woody will find his wallet).

BTW I looked it up today, Rex is the 24th highest paid head coach. That's assuming the salaries of about 10 coaches, out of coaches whose salaries are public knowledge, he's the 2nd cheapest. 

There are 25 college coaches being paid more than Rex Ryan. 

The Jets can't afford Gruden, and he doesn't want this job. (well they could afford him but there's no reason to believe Woody will find his wallet).

BTW I looked it up today, Rex is the 24th highest paid head coach. That's assuming the salaries of about 10 coaches, out of coaches whose salaries are public knowledge, he's the 2nd cheapest. 

There are 25 college coaches being paid more than Rex Ryan.

Woody would pay his coaches minimum wage if he could.

This.

Plus, if it was a time change problem, how was he on time for the movie but late for the meeting?

You're usually a little more logical than this.  Are you implying Geno purposely skipped out on a meeting because he simply refused to miss The Equalizer?

Not a student of the game.  Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire.  Mild practice demeanor — no urgency.  Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic.  Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board.  Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength.  Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles).  Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements.  Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.”

So this looks spot on.

I gotta say, if anyone was wondering why Geno still got to start Sunday, I think we saw why in the second half. Vick looked awful. He didn't even look engaged.

Who would be? Geno skips last meeting before game day an still doesn't get benched for even a series. Vick probably figured after that, there was no scenario he would be going in. But also uh weaponzzz

I gotta say, if anyone was wondering why Geno still got to start Sunday, I think we saw why in the second half. Vick looked awful. He didn't even look engaged.

Not defending him but down 21-0 SD wasn't too concerned about the run at that point.

Who would be? Geno skips last meeting before game day an still doesn't get benched for even a series. Vick probably figured after that, there was no scenario he would be going in. But also uh weaponzzz

you've got a guy who, in theory, is trying to take a job and is a professional competitor. you would think he would at least seem interested.

Not defending him but down 21-0 SD wasn't too concerned about the run at that point.

yeah but Vick didn't look any better at that point. it'd be different if he was making good throws and SD just knew to expect them. he wasn't even making good throws.

you've got a guy who, in theory, is trying to take a job and is a professional competitor. you would think he would at least seem interested.

Kind of how you'd expect an embattled qb fighting for his job to set his watch?

It doesn't really matter, whole team stinks, but comparing one half coming in cold in a rout with no reps that week isn't really going to provide any sort of actionable data.

Archived