Worse Than The 1996 Team?

SoFlaJets

Well to start with the 96 team was never shut out. Besides for

the first few weeks of the season that team at least knew how to score and with Chrebet and Keyshawn at WR and Adrian Murrell getting 1250 yards on the ground and 6 TDs as well as catching another 17 passes for 81 yds and a TD.

The starting QBs as bad as they were were nowhere as bad as Geno Smith has been so far in his career. This year 4 TDs 6 INTs he's right on track for another 12-21 year like last year 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/1996.htm

I can easily see this years Jets team as a 2 win maybe 3 if they're a little bit lucky club. And let's face it guys, one thing that the New York Jets have NOT been is 'lucky'

Frank Reich at QB is better than Geno Smith

Adrian Murrell 1249 Yds and 6 TDs and Richie Anderson caught 44 passes out of the backfield

Wayne Chrebet caught 84 passes for 900 yrds and 

Keyshawn caught 63 for 844 and 8 TDs

Kyle Brady and Fred Baxter were about as productive as the stiffs we have this year at TE-where IS the rookie TE? What happened to Cumberland? I haven't even heard his name called in weeks-is he hurt?

Take a look at this year's stats and tell me that this is a better 'TEAM' than the 96 Jets-I just ain't seeing it numbers-wise

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/nyj

I'd take the 1996 season. We have no talent outside the front 7 and that's cause we draft it every year if there's not crappy corner Rex wants. We'll finish with a couple more wins and miss out on the pick we need to get a competent QB, or we'll get the QB and screw up everything around him. Woody Johnson hit the genetic lottery but he's a born loser, we're ****ed.

Agreed. WTF's the point of these silly threads of comparing bad teams anyway. We stink, that's it.

The point is that this owner has let OUR team, The New York Jets devolve into perhaps the worst state that it has ever been in. And for most of us, that is unacceptable, and not only that but IMO, worthy of discussion. About:

1-who is at fault and what should be done about it...

2-what are the teams glaring needs and how do we address those?

3-I know it's only October but we WILL be talking about who is in the running for the most coveted college player(s) coming out in April

4-Is there anything that 'WE' the fans can do about what we are watching and what we are paying good and real money to watch

5-We need to collectively start some kind of action towards the leadership (Ryan, Idzik, and especially Woody Johnson) to publicly show our displeasure.

That's just a start Ken Schroy and that is the reason for stupid threads like these. We need to begin by putting it all into historical perspective. 

The point is that this owner has let OUR team, The New York Jets devolve into perhaps the worst state that it has ever been in. And for most of us, that is unacceptable, and not only that but IMO, worthy of discussion. About:

1-who is at fault and what should be done about it...

2-what are the teams glaring needs and how do we address those?

3-I know it's only October but we WILL be talking about who is in the running for the most coveted college player(s) coming out in April

4-Is there anything that 'WE' the fans can do about what we are watching and what we are paying good and real money to watch

5-We need to collectively start some kind of action towards the leadership (Ryan, Idzik, and especially Woody Johnson) to publicly show our displeasure.

That's just a start Ken Schroy and that is the reason for stupid threads like these. We need to begin by putting it all into historical perspective. 

I get it. I'm on board with burning those who put us here. I'm good with firing everyone and cutting half the team. But I'm not interested in comparing Rex to Joe Walton and Idzik to Steinberg. That's pointless.

No knowledgeable fans really expected the '96 team to be any good.  We were just happy that Leon Hess was willing to spend money and the franchise seemed to somewhat be in the right direction drafting Keyshawn.  In retrospect it was - we almost got to the Super Bowl just 2 years later with mostly the same roster.

The 2014 debacle is 10X worse.  We actually had positive expectations for this team.

Archived