John Idzik: MERGED

detjetsfan69

So does Dee and Dex so why not take a chance on him? I know it can happen but I highly doubt all of them will be hurt again next season or their NFL journey to various teams will start

isn't claiborne on the shelf for the rest of the season? 

if he's hurt then why on earth would we make an in-season trade for someone who is done for the year?  

I would take a shot on him if he came free, but not really with picks.  He hasn't been that good at all, and I know the system sucks for him, but even in a bad system, players atleast play decent.  He gets beat like a drum regardless, and with his contract situation and the amount of money he gets paid right now makes it worthless.  He can be in the same boat as Harvin, where he can be cut at the end of the year, but I just don't think he has the upside to throw away the pick right now, even if it's a 7th.  

If Idzik wanted to do something to alleviate the criticism coming his way, why would he choose trading for a potential locker room cancer?

That whole narrative is stupid. As stupid as the Woody needs to save Rex from being fired by Woody nonsense.

Really bad break on your timing with this thread.

Not really.... At 1-6 is a bit late to do a deal for this season and banking on a player with Harvins injury history is a reach. We will see how this plays out, but it smells like Holmes part 2.

Also I will add Seattle Got rid of him for a reason. Perhaps a draft pick as high as 35 overall I hope it works, but too little to late.

Not really.... At 1-6 is a bit late to do a deal for this season and banking on a player with Harvins injury history is a reach. We will see how this plays out, but it smells like Holmes part 2.

Also I will add Seattle Got rid of him for a reason. Perhaps a draft pick as high as 35 overall I hope it works, but too little to late.

At best they get a 4th? 

I guess I don't understand how anyone can bitch about this trade...All people have bitched about is the Jets need weapons...Well they just got one...Yes, 2014 is over but he's under contract for 4 more years...He only gets to sign with another NFL team if the Jets decide they don't want him and if that's the case they give up a 6th round pick....

Look around the NFL how many 6th round picks (yes Brady was a 6th) are major contributors? There isn't much difference between a 6th & UDFA..

At best they get a 4th? 

I guess I don't understand how anyone can bitch about this trade...All people have bitched about is the Jets need weapons...Well they just got one...Yes, 2014 is over but he's under contract for 4 more years...He only gets to sign with another NFL team if the Jets decide they don't want him and if that's the case they give up a 6th round pick....

Look around the NFL how many 6th round picks (yes Brady was a 6th) are major contributors? There isn't much difference between a 6th & UDFA..

Yes, saw today its a 4th at best. Just wish Idzik rolled the dice on a playmaker and spent $$ in June, not October at 1-6. Of course I hope Harvin plays his butt off.

At best they get a 4th? 

I agree.  Think Idzik is a clueless idiot, but really can't complain about this trade.  

Posted this in another thread.  Posting it again here:

I just looked this up.  The team spending the most money in the league (Falcons) has one more win than us (2-5).

Also, this:

AFCE Division Leader: Pats: 32nd in spending

AFCN Division Leader: Ravens: 2nd in spending

AFCS Division Leader: Colts: 26th in spending

AFCW Division Leader: Broncos: 19th in spending

NFCE Division Leader: Cowboys: 29th in spending

NFCN Division Leader: Lions: 30th in spending

NFCS Division Leader: Panthers: 27th in spending

NFCW Division Leader: Cardinals: 12th in spending

So, only one division leader is even in the top 10 in spending.  Only 2 in the top half of the league.  5/8 are in the bottom 20% of the league in spending.

http://overthecap.com/cash-spending/

Food for thought for those complaining about our cap space.

Posted this in another thread.  Posting it again here:

I just looked this up.  The team spending the most money in the league (Falcons) has one more win than us (2-5).

Also, this:

AFCE Division Leader: Pats: 32nd in spending

AFCN Division Leader: Ravens: 2nd in spending

AFCS Division Leader: Colts: 26th in spending

AFCW Division Leader: Broncos: 19th in spending

NFCE Division Leader: Cowboys: 29th in spending

NFCN Division Leader: Lions: 30th in spending

NFCS Division Leader: Panthers: 27th in spending

NFCW Division Leader: Cardinals: 12th in spending

So, only one division leader is even in the top 10 in spending.  Only 2 in the top half of the league.  5/8 are in the bottom 20% of the league in spending.

http://overthecap.com/cash-spending/

Food for thought for those complaining about our cap space.

Both teams in the Super Bowl were in the top 12 last yr. 

What I find humorous is that mostly the same group of people that were complaining about the lack of spending (and ignoring any points about rolling it into next year) are now complaining that money was spent.

anything less than a pro bowl player for league minimum is a bad deal

c'mon man

• Upvote 1