Cashman signs 3 year extension as Yanks GM

Scott Dierking

I am speechless. Just speechless. Not sure how they didn't start over. Like completely over.

The plan is to rebuild with a guy who knows nothing about evaluating or developing young talent.  This last  off-season was an abomination we now have like 3 full-time DH's on our roster (Beltran, Arod, Tex).  Betances will be moved to closer instead of us signing another closer and keeping him in the setup role which was the one strength we had last year.  I love how the yankees fired the hitting coach - yeah like that's why the offense sucked it's not that we had no power in the lineup.

The plan is to rebuild with a guy who knows nothing about evaluating or developing young talent.  This last  off-season was an abomination we now have like 3 full-time DH's on our roster (Beltran, Arod, Tex).  Betances will be moved to closer instead of us signing another closer and keeping him in the setup role which was the one strength we had last year.  I love how the yankees fired the hitting coach - yeah like that's why the offense sucked it's not that we had no power in the lineup.

I wish I disagreed!

• 3 weeks later...

What I want the Yanks to do: re-sign headley,McCarthy and Robertson. Make one big FA pickup and make it a SP, preferably Lester. Only thing I'm unsure of is what to do at SS. Re-signing Drew to a cheap deal would be okay, plays good defense and should put up better numbers than he did last year offensively.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't be shocked if the Yankees had a losing record next season.  The roster is an absolute mess thanks to Cashman.  Everyone makes a big deal about the Arod contract - CC's contract is actually worse.  We have three full-time DH's on the roster (Arod, Beltran and Tex) making a combined $65 million next year.  They're going to move Betances to closer thus taking our one edge with having Betances lock up the 7th and 8th innings for us.  I'm not saying cave into D-Rob's ridiculous demands but sign another closer than and keep Betances where he's at.

We were very lucky the rotation was as resilient as it was last year.  If the starting pitching doesn't perform and/or Tanaka gets hurt again it's gonna be really ugly in the Bronx. FU Cashman.

A lot of fans are pushing for Hanley but I'm not crazy about the idea of giving a 31 year old SS with injury history a 7 year deal. Knowing the Yankees it won't stop them from getting the guy they want, it is unknown however if it is there guy or not.

The smarter move would be to go after Pablo Sandoval who is younger and healthier to play 3rd and make Arod the full-time DH.  Problem is genius-boy Cashman already signed a 40 year old DH to a 3 year deal Carlos Beltran.

Archived